Page 1 of 42
... LastLast

Did GC really just say Cata Heroics were hard?

I think iam kind of at a loss here. I find it hard to believe that he actually thinks they were 'hard'.

By the middle/end of the expansion I remember steamrolling them like any other heroic dungeon. At the beginning of the expansion they were a little difficult, required some CC but thats about it.

By the middle of the expansion people were so geared that you could just pull 3-4 groups like a normal dungeon.

I fail to ever see this point that he claims where heroics dungeons were really THAT hard to accomplish. Maybe its just me though.....

The first few weeks? Yes, they were difficult. Not heroic raid difficult, but difficult compared to the heroics at the start of Wrath or MOP.

Deleted
    You likely remember steamrolling them, because they were actually nerfed. Since that they were steamrollable.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are laughing at GC because he said in your eyes something that isn't true.
    but in begin Cataclysm they were hard, not saying WOTLK/Mid/end cata/MoP hard, saying Vanilla/TBC hard.

The forum was a whine fest, they nerfed it pretty much after that, because barely anybody could do them because they were just a wipefest with LFD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    urm.. they were. I actually remember it being said many time back then they were. Blizzard themselves said so back then.
    #boycottchina

They were heavily nerfed later on in the expansion, first by the 5% LFD buff and then with nerfs to individual fights, Ozruk "the PUG killer" in particular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly not remembering the warriors/DKs who were either kicked or voluntarily stepped out because they couldn't CC.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

They were.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

I see you only joined us halfway through Cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    I think iam kind of at a loss here. I find it hard to believe that he actually thinks they were 'hard'.

By the middle/end of the expansion I remember steamrolling them like any other heroic dungeon. At the beginning of the expansion they were a little difficult, required some CC but thats about it.

By the middle of the expansion people were so geared that you could just pull 3-4 groups like a normal dungeon.

I fail to ever see this point that he claims where heroics dungeons were really THAT hard to accomplish. Maybe its just me though.....
    They got nerfed a month or so after Cata came out. In the beginning, running in greens or even heroic ICC gear, they were really, really hard, mostly due to groups not being used to CC and healing output/mana regen seriously changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You are laughing at GC because he said in your eyes something that isn't true.
    but in begin Cataclysm they were hard, not saying WOTLK/Mid/end cata/MoP hard, saying Vanilla/TBC hard.

The forum was a whine fest, they nerfed it pretty much after that, because barely anybody could do them because they were just a wipefest with LFD
    I didnt whine at all. lol your perception is very twisted.

I said I find it funny that he thinks they were THAT hard, when they werent. I played launch, I had an 85 in 6 days, I remember it all. They werent THAT hard and if it was to you then your a noob.

Sorry to say it.

All it required was good CC. Maybe I already had that because I was a decent mage, so I always CC'ed the healer and if someone else CC'ed another it was usually pretty doable without much grief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    Clearly not remembering the warriors/DKs who were either kicked or voluntarily stepped out because they couldn't CC.
    Yup. We started guild-only groups so we had CC. Sometimes I'd step out (DK main) because we had none.

10+ Year Old Account
    They severely nerfed all of the Cataclysm heroics a couple of months into the expansion.

Joining a random Zandalari dungeon, you were more likely to join a wipefest then a clean run.

He has the data saying the player population found them to be hard, data that he had to work hard to swallow, since it was telling him he screwed up bigtime.

Are you living in the hardcore alternate universe where the difficulty of content has nothing to do with whether most people actually end up being able to do it?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

They weren't hard, there was just a player base of clueless people that had no concept of what CC is, and didn't like the fact that they couldn't blow through an entire instance in ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I see you only joined us halfway through Cataclysm
    I actually was on the first boat that left bladefist bay to Vashjir when the expac launched asshole. XD

Infracted. Flaming is not tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-23 at 06:41 PM.

At the start of the expansion, they were kinda hard, yes.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Commander Springvale fights at the start of cata were just about the most intense non-raiding moments I've ever had in WoW as a healer. And that's including TBC heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics were brutally difficult at the start of Cata. PuG groups were almost sure to get curb-stomped if they had some overzealous tank or DPS.