Simcraft help - am I doing it wrong, or are my weights totally bonkers? (DW Frost)

To start with: My armory page.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rahertz/simple
    Now, according to simcraft? My weights are as follows.

Can this be right? 2 points haste are worth more than a point of strength? One for one it beats MASTERY!? I don't get it, to the point where I think I'm doing something wrong. I've got Globals set to Live, 25k iterations, low lag, 450 length, 20% variation, light movement, raid boss, one foe. All buffs/debuffs active (25man team). And I have it set to analyze Strength, AP, Expertise, Hit, Crit, Haste, and Mastery. No plots are set, nor reforge plots.

Now, I'm confused. Why is it valuing Haste so... titanically? What the crap is going on there? O_o Should I actually be dumping everything for the Big H? Or did I goof up?

1) your sim isn't likely set to add in RP from ams
    2) your low level of haste might make it better at your gear level (likely more so if there isn't ams rp gains)

Even with that though, it beats out STRENGTH. I can't imagine how that's possible... I mean, strength is THE stat. How can 2 points of haste be superior to 1 strength, for DW? It just doesn't make sense.

I'm just sad to see you blindly followed it and replaced all your gems already when you shouldn't have
    and it's not that abnormal for 2x secondary stats to beat primary stats.

I had about four dozen piles of Ghost Iron on my rogue to prospect so I figured 'what the hell I'll try it' mainly because I had a hunch doing so would totally change the results. It did! With doing it in the suggested setup, my weights completly skewed the other way, valueing Haste at somewhere between jack and squat, with Mastery shooting to the heavens. At this point I have no idea what the heck I'm doing wrong, and am honestly tempted to just feed my guy in Mr Robot and let the site sort it out. But... that feels like copping out.

EDIT: I am also intrigued that it is consistantly giving Expertise MASSIVE value, and hit very little. I'm assuming that's because my gear has oodles of hit on it (which I'm hoping ot get rid of soon ><), but it's still nifty.
    EDIT 2: Huh. Running another scan after setting my reforges - and ONLY my reforges - to standard frost weights of mastery is king shoots it back to 'get lots of haste' again. This is weird... DKs don't have haste plateaus to shoot for, right?
    Last edited by DrKirre; 2013-07-23 at 10:17 PM.

you can always use reforge plots to see the value at which haste starts declining.
    Of course, like I said, your sim probably doesn't have ams soaking which gives a lot of extra RP, so I wouldn't even bother with haste.

my sims always give crazy amounts of exp and hit too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    1) your sim isn't likely set to add in RP from ams
    This has actually a huge impact on haste values. Unfortunately I am not allowed to post links or images, but without ams soaking my haste value is 2.62. Simulation with 100rp/ams decreases this value to 1.34 which is lower than hitrating>7,5% (in my case).

edit: The hit/exp values are determined by substracting a specific amount of rating (1000 is standard) and looking at the dps difference. If you sit at 3,5k+ hit rating, you will just see the values for your white hits.
    Last edited by mmocdc8c778e92; 2013-07-23 at 10:58 PM.

How can I set it up so it has that AMS RP generation? I couldn't find a tickbox or anything. ^.^;

10+ Year Old Account
    Put the following exactly as you see it into the overrides section

# Simulate Runic Power gain on using Anti-Magic Shell to absorb 100000 magic damage every 60 seconds on average.
    actions+=/antimagic_shell,damage=100000

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    Put the following exactly as you see it into the overrides section

# Simulate Runic Power gain on using Anti-Magic Shell to absorb 100000 magic damage every 60 seconds on average.
    actions+=/antimagic_shell,damage=100000
    Also change the style to be Light Movement. This is more real than using Patchwerk.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    Also change the style to be Light Movement. This is more real than using Patchwerk.
    might want to read op

Quote Originally Posted by DrKirre View Post
    light movement

OMIF

Shouldn't assume someone doesn't know they should change it to light movement just because they don't know about adding AMS soaking ><

That'll teach me.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.