Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Am I the only one surprised at the amount of people who still think you can catch a cold or pneumonia from actually being cold and wet? Lol
    They're not entirely based on lies though. At these temperatures, you're not going to catch a cold from sleeping nude, but damp and cold conditions do actually increase your chances of a common cold, but in this case, it really won't.

I'm honestly far too hot at night, and I really just wish I could sleep with ice packs on my face. I'd have the room entirely open, but the Dogs & Cat don't get along

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post
    OK a cold is a viral infection. You don't catch a cold from getting cold. Exposure to cold can reduce your immune response and allow an infection a better chance to infect you but it is not the cause.
    Exactly, but as has been said, if they're talking about these temperatures, they're no-where near cold enough to cause an issue, and it is even less likely someone has given you the virus at this time of year.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's an awful idea. In the middle of the night your body temperature will start dropping and you'll be absolutely freezing. That water at most will be room temperature (it won't, it'll be lower) and that's sure as hell not 37 degrees. The cooling will be great at first but then in the middle of the night you'll get so cold. It's not nearly hot or humid enough to make a damp blanket stay at a warmish temperature.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

It will probably ruin your matress if you do that enough times.

Freeze some water bottles (the 2l ones work best) and put them in front of a fan. The evaporation will chill the wind fast, and in really hot temperatures, it helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try putting it and your pillows in the freezer instead. They'll get real chilly, but you won't have to deal with any wetness (provided they don't bring any errant ice crystals out of the freezer with them.).
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

10+ Year Old Account
    doesn't sound like a good idea really.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't sound too fun. And honestly, just with how everyone naturally have bacteria living on their skin I could see that encouraging possible bacterial growth that could cause skin infection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put the blanket in the freezer for an hour before you go to bed...smart! =P

Ive heard sleeping under a wet blanket severley increases the risk of you getting wet

10+ Year Old Account
    i think you'd find it hard to sleep with a wet blanket anyway, after 10mins you'd hate it. it will also start to feel very cold.
    dragonmaw - EU

25 to 30C is pretty cute, just a warm day. Sleep on top of covers or under a thin sheet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    Try putting it and your pillows in the freezer instead. They'll get real chilly, but you won't have to deal with any wetness (provided they don't bring any errant ice crystals out of the freezer with them.).
    This works wonders. Also if your computer is in your bedroom consider moving it to another room while the weather is warm. Last thing you want in this heat is a PC warming up the room you'll be sleeping in later.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've always heard of people putting their sheets in the freezer. Could be a decent way to get them cold enough to fall asleep without (as much) moisture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinivus View Post
    25 to 30C is pretty cute, just a warm day. Sleep on top of covers or under a thin sheet
    Many homes in Belgium are built without air conditioning since it's not needed/desired as year round as it is here in many parts of the US.

So no, 86 isn't that hot (I'd pay money for it right now, honestly, riding 105-109 heat index all week), but without any air conditioning? I can certainly see it being uncomfortable. That's about the temp it was getting inside when our AC was out (outdoor temps from 85-100) and it was hard to fall asleep if you're used to it being more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Am I the only one surprised at the amount of people who still think you can catch a cold or pneumonia from actually being cold and wet? Lol
    The risk of getting pneumonia is a lot higher if you are cold and wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    Many homes in Belgium are built without air conditioning since it's not needed/desired as year round as it is here in many parts of the US.

So no, 86 isn't that hot (I'd pay money for it right now, honestly, riding 105-109 heat index all week), but without any air conditioning? I can certainly see it being uncomfortable. That's about the temp it was getting inside when our AC was out (outdoor temps from 85-100) and it was hard to fall asleep if you're used to it being more comfortable.
    I'll agree it's uncomfortable but I see the blanket thing as pretty drastic for those ranges anyway... Perhaps a wet washcloth

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    It's currently pretty hot in Belgium, around 25-30°C, a miniversion of the recent US heat waves. I'm thinking, in order to sleep better, to make my blanket damp before I go to bed. In theory, the evaporating cold water should cool me down enough to actually stand the heat. I read this on a Cracked article comment, though, so I'm not sure how safe it is.

Does anyone think this could be risky for my health?
    If someone is being a 'wet blanket' at a party do you want to spoon them?

You would be better of taking a lukewarm shower and getting into bed with no covers and sleep all natural.