Deleted

Proffessions for a PvE Lock.

Hey there.
    So i've been wondering quite alot about which proffessions would be optimal for raiding as an affliction/demonology warlock.

So far the 3 i could imagine would be the best would be:

Engineering - Synapse Springs
    Tailoring - Embroidary
    Herbalism - Lifeblood.

Personally i'm an engi/tailor atm, yet would it be worth changing out any of those 2 for Herbalism so i could gain lifeblood?
    I know the diffrence this might make is extremly tiny, yet i was still wondering.

--Zonday

Deleted
    Tailoring and enchant bro

Deleted
    I might be wrong but the only gain from enchanting would be the ring enchants aye?
    Which would be 2*160 int = The exact same as JC aswell.

Engineering, Herbalism.

Tailoring is decent, but the more control you have over your abilities the better with Demonology, considering how much of the spec is dependent on trinket and Meta RNG.

I haven't played my affliction lock since last tier but i remember herbalism simmed a bit higher than static intellect. It lined up perfectly with dark soul and you could refresh your dots at the end of it.

I ditched herbalism for blacksmithing after I got the tier 14 4 piece set bonus and lifeblood was knocked out of line with dark soul. I chose blacksmithing because mastery/haste were slightly outperforming intellect and I felt like min-maxing.

I probably wouldn't switch just because I like the raid utility engineering brings with repair bots.

Quote Originally Posted by ZondayLock View Post
    Hey there.
    So i've been wondering quite alot about which proffessions would be optimal for raiding as an affliction/demonology warlock.

Tailoring - Embroidary
    Herbalism - Lifeblood.

Personally i'm an engi/tailor atm, yet would it be worth changing out any of those 2 for Herbalism so i could gain lifeblood?
    I know the diffrence this might make is extremly tiny, yet i was still wondering.

--Zonday
    Herbalism is entirely based off of the value of Haste which will only be best for Affliction next patch. (At the current point in buffs/nerfs that we are right now)

I heard rumour that there are epic gems next patch? BS would probably be 2nd best behind Eng if that's true. Tailoring is probably 2nd otherwise.

I recently dropped tailoring for herbalism and got a whooping 200 dps increase in simcraft as affli....

If there will be epic gems next patch I'll personally drop herb for BS even if it might be better to drop engineering, which I just won't when there's fights like Leishen HC and its helm of command/p3 thunderstrucks making nitro boosts better cause dead dps equals no dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I recently dropped tailoring for herbalism and got a whooping 200 dps increase in simcraft as affli....

If there will be epic gems next patch I'll personally drop herb for BS even if it might be better to drop engineering, which I just won't when there's fights like Leishen HC and its helm of command/p3 thunderstrucks making nitro boosts better cause dead dps equals no dps.
    Never dropping engineering again. I've concidered getting it ever since TBC, but only got it in 5.1.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Deleted
    Engineering is nr 1 by a fair margin. For affliction, Herbalism is 2nd, Tailoring 3rd. It will likely stay this way, because the snapshot nature of affliction makes Engi/Herb very valuable.

Deleted
    Engi + whatever basically (Don't take Skinning or Mining...)

Deleted
    how much haste does herb give at max?

Deleted
    Tailoring/herbalism + engineering sims highest, although herbalism is propably nerfed next patch

Its a bit early to say for sure if the haste gain during darksoul is going to be worth the int proc snapshotting of tailoring (or BS if epic gems). Last I heard they were not doing epic gems due to the imbalance it creates in professions. I'm running herbalism/engineering w' troll racial but we haven't seen what 5.4 mechanics look like for all 3 specs so may swap based on how that shakes out. In any case I'd keep engineering for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortaz View Post
    how much haste does herb give at max?
    2880 for 20s, 2 min cooldown

Deleted
    I dropped enchanting for engineering to go with my tailoring, only saw around a 2k dps increase as demo, including using the frag belt in meta (which my guild mates laugh at me for but which isn't all too hard to get used to if you learned to RoF as destro). I have maxed most professions other than LW and Inscription, and most have only set me back 5-10k and a few hours sat in front of the AH.

Tailoring on the other hand, wow, I must have leveled over the course of two expansions (my warlock was benched for shiny new DK in wrath but came back to him for MoP). Once you've bought out the ridiculously expensive cloth, the only other option is to farm low level instances. It's mind-numbing, and I won't be doing it again.

Plus, looking into next expansion, tailoring/engineering will help me gear up just that little bit quicker off the starting blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZondayLock View Post
    Hey there.

Tailoring - Embroidary
    Herbalism - Lifeblood.

--Zonday
    Honestly the difference is so small as to be negligible at current gear levels. Spend your gold somewhere else (perhaps on gear!). My lock is eng/enchant, as the engineering perks are too awesome to pass up (glider, nitro boost, repair bot, etc), and enchanting is a nice little source of income.