Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by kooz View Post
    does it make sense to reach 6652? I heard mixed opinions, some say stay at 3043 until u can get 13163 for rejuv...my gear is mid 550, lots of crit pieces I could reforge to mastery instead....an extra wg tick worth the haste reforge?
    Depends on where your haste lands at when you reforge for maximum mastery and minimum haste (while still not dropping below 3043, obviously). If that lands you around 5-6k haste it might be worth sacrificing some crit to pick up a bit more haste. As a somewhat exaggerated example, it would be silly not to get the breakpoint if you can't get your haste lower than 6600 anyway.
    Last edited by Alltat; 2013-10-10 at 08:40 AM.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  2. #162
    The reason why most players don't aim for the 6652 hbp is because WG no longer does a significant amount of healing as it did in Cata. When it does 20%+ of your healing would a case for the 6.6k hbp be stronger but it should be doing around 10% of your healing in MoP.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Depends on where your haste lands at when you reforge for maximum mastery and minimum haste (while still not dropping below 3043, obviously). If that lands you around 5-6k haste it might be worth sacrificing some crit to pick up a bit more haste. As a somewhat exaggerated example, it would be silly not to get the breakpoint if you can't get your spirit lower than 6600 anyway.
    You mean haste right? Just making sure we don't accidentally confuse anybody new here.

  4. #164
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoroc View Post
    You mean haste right? Just making sure we don't accidentally confuse anybody new here.
    Haste, obviously. Fixed it. Thanks.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoroc View Post
    #10.2 Symbiosis
    Creates a symbiotic link which grants the Druid one ability belonging to the target's class, varying by the Druid's specialization. Also grants the target one Druid ability based on their class and combat role. Lasts 1 hour and persists through death. Cannot be cast on other Druids. Effect cancelled if Druid and target become too far apart.

    Your Symbiosis target might very well change on a fight-to-fight basis.


    What you get from your target (only when you're Resto):

    Class Spell Usefulness
    Death Knight Icebound Fortitude A decent personal damage-reduction CD (Fortifying Brew is slightly better).
    Hunter Deterrence Short-duration survival CD (Fortifying Brew and Icebound Fortitude are better).
    Mage Ice Block Most powerful survival CD. Great for dropping threat, removing debuffs, and avoiding death.
    Monk Fortifying Brew The best of the mitigation-CDs available through Symbiosis.
    Paladin Cleanse Only dispels Disease and Poison. Almost completely useless.
    Priest Leap of Faith Can be useful to save bad players or to troll good ones!
    Rogue Evasion You shouldn't be taking melee hits so this is useless.
    Shaman Spiritwalker's Grace Excellent when you have to heal and run. Especially good with Tranquility on some fights.
    Warlock Demonic Circle: Teleport Warlocks NEVER drop their portal. Don't bother with this.
    Warrior Intimidating Roar Very situational. Good way to deal with adds, sometimes. Basically useless.
    I heavily dislike this part. Just stating what one does is not enough when you're making such a guide. Most people who look into these guides are probably not ones in the high end guilds and could use a little insight on why this is so.

    Also, you don't always use Symb on a fight to benefit yourself, but to give someone else a chance to do something good with it; putting few fights as examples where I personally don't get Symb for myself:

    Spoils of Pandaria: If setup goes bad and you just have all your combat resses on our side, I Symb our Holydin in other side so he has a Rebirth.
    Megaera: Symbiosing Ele/Enha Shaman not for Spiritwalker's Grace, but because he gets Solar Beam to get better control over adds.
    Imperial Vizier Zor'lok: Symbiosing our Retri Pala so he could Wrath during the last transistion when we were waiting for Vizier to drop down to the floor for extra damage.
    Ji-Kun: Symbiosing DPS warrior to give him Stampeding Shout. I was doing nests mostly and he was on the platform himself; having that extra speed boost for pushback helped.

    Whichever fight: Symbiosing tanks for extra cooldowns or Symbiosing DPS DK for Wild Mushroom: Plague.

    Hunter Deterrence Short-duration survival CD (Fortifying Brew and Icebound Fortitude are better).

    Again, not explaining why the other two are better. Because they're flat damage reductions?
    Deterrence has been used well since Will of the Emperor to get more people in the raid to be able to soak stuff. WotE, Sha of Fear, ToT twins if you're doing the drawing, Lei Shen himself, excellent for General Nazgrim, the BEST spell a Resto Druid can get for Malkorok HC.

    Warlock Demonic Circle: Teleport Warlocks NEVER drop their portal. Don't bother with this.

    Then you need to communicate more with your Warlock. One specific fight where I always used this: Iron Qon HC. Your raid most likely didn't have enough Warlocks for everyone to travel through their gateway nice and easy, doing this you can easily save that one spot and teleport out of the whirlwind yourself to get back on healing people. Used situationally elsewhere as well.

    Regrowth - Recommended
    Crit is our worst stat. By using this glyph you can run as little Crit as possible with pretty much no downside since RG is pretty much our most solid direct heal right now.
    I disagree with this statement. Why? Because Regrowth has base 60% increased critical strike chance. With my gear Regrowth's crit chance is ~85-90%. In my preference you should also be running Nature's Swiftness with Regrowth instead of HT, because as long as it crits it does more healing than HT as well as plants Living Seed on that target AND makes them a viable Swiftmend target.

    The last part is the major reason why I don't think you should be running with this Glyph, because when some unfortunate soul is in need of a quick big heal, you can both NS and SM them straight away.


    Just my few cents.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestuniem View Post
    I disagree with this statement. Why? Because Regrowth has base 60% increased critical strike chance. With my gear Regrowth's crit chance is ~85-90%. In my preference you should also be running Nature's Swiftness with Regrowth instead of HT, because as long as it crits it does more healing than HT as well as plants Living Seed on that target AND makes them a viable Swiftmend target.

    The last part is the major reason why I don't think you should be running with this Glyph, because when some unfortunate soul is in need of a quick big heal, you can both NS and SM them straight away.


    Just my few cents.
    IIf anyone needs a NS+RG+SM to survive then most likely your raid is already dead. But yes I do agree with you that the Regrowth glyph is our weakest of the three major glyphs we use. As others have mentioned I prefer the Stampeding Roar Glyph over Regrowth but to each their own.

  7. #167
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,872
    Quite a noob question here, recently just started healing as resto, as it seems to be favored this patch and feral...well isn't, but I am using the T15 2 piece bonus at the moment, and am I right in thinking that it doesn't work if you have Glyph of Efflorescence? The wording on it is a little weird.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  8. #168
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tracking his nose
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestuniem View Post
    I disagree with this statement. Why? Because Regrowth has base 60% increased critical strike chance. With my gear Regrowth's crit chance is ~85-90%. In my preference you should also be running Nature's Swiftness with Regrowth instead of HT, because as long as it crits it does more healing than HT as well as plants Living Seed on that target AND makes them a viable Swiftmend target.

    The last part is the major reason why I don't think you should be running with this Glyph, because when some unfortunate soul is in need of a quick big heal, you can both NS and SM them straight away.

    Just my few cents.
    I have to point out that I would rather not have the 10-15% potential not to crit on regrowth rather than using the hot to swiftmend. I would point out that on most fights the damage is predictable enough or constant enough to have a rejuvenation on your target anyway. I can't think of an instance this tier where I could have saved someone with RG+SM instead of just a RG where they didn't have rejuv on them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Quite a noob question here, recently just started healing as resto, as it seems to be favored this patch and feral...well isn't, but I am using the T15 2 piece bonus at the moment, and am I right in thinking that it doesn't work if you have Glyph of Efflorescence? The wording on it is a little weird.
    T15 2pc works fine with the glyphed efflorescence.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestuniem View Post
    I disagree with this statement. Why? Because Regrowth has base 60% increased critical strike chance. With my gear Regrowth's crit chance is ~85-90%. In my preference you should also be running Nature's Swiftness with Regrowth instead of HT, because as long as it crits it does more healing than HT as well as plants Living Seed on that target AND makes them a viable Swiftmend target.

    The last part is the major reason why I don't think you should be running with this Glyph, because when some unfortunate soul is in need of a quick big heal, you can both NS and SM them straight away.
    NS and SM can be on cooldown, especially if you run SotF. Besides, if SM is available, it's faster to just rejuv + SM and then Regrowth if further healing is needed.

    The reason I prefer Regrowth glyph is not because of a raw throughput gain, but because I don't want to risk it not critting in a clutch moment. If it was 95%+ crit I would consider it, but 85% is too much risk.

  10. #170
    I have a feeling this has been asked too many times but Haste no longer benefits RPPM trinkets like HLG or was Haste removed from certain damage trinkets only?

  11. #171
    Fluffy Kitten Lohe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,404
    Haste no longer increases the proc rate of trinkets whose effect gets stronger the more haste you have. This generally applies to any trinket that procs throughput stats whereas items like HLG proc more with more haste because the mana return per proc doesn't scale with haste.

    (Source)
    Last edited by Lohe; 2013-10-13 at 09:22 PM.

  12. #172
    How often do you find yourself using genesis? I have a resto druid as a twink but find it hard to actually using it effectivly, advice?

  13. #173
    It is difficult to use genesis without being able to predict the spike PvE wise.

    1. When you know a big spike is coming out, you can blanket rejuv and then pop the genesis before the spike event occurs to top off or until after to rapidly recover.
    2. It is possible to use it as a tank healing device but the problem is the loss of RJ on non-tank targets when cast, however, does allow you to rapidly recharge a shroom for tank healing.
    3. Your average HPS does not change, it allows for a spike and you will need to begin casting RJ again to maintain the original blanket cover you had.

  14. #174
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestuniem View Post
    The last part is the major reason why I don't think you should be running with this Glyph, because when some unfortunate soul is in need of a quick big heal, you can both NS and SM them straight away.
    In theory, perhaps. In practice, not really. The only time it matters is if the target is likely to take even more damage and die in between the first Regrowth and a subsequent hardcast Regrowth (RG+SM versus 2xRG). That window is less than 1½ second, so it's going to take some very serious burst timed exactly then. Much more importantly, that's exactly the kind of scenario where you really want that guaranteed crit, because if that initial Regrowth doesn't crit then it doesn't matter if you can Swiftmend or not; if a critical Regrowth is not enough to save someone then a noncritical Regrowth followed by a Swiftmend won't be either. More people will die from unlucky non-crit Regrowths than will be saved by slightly quicker Swiftmends.

    It's a moot point anyway if you're running SotF, as that means Swiftmend is going to be on cooldown most of the time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by hYrsch View Post
    How often do you find yourself using genesis? I have a resto druid as a twink but find it hard to actually using it effectivly, advice?
    Almost never, and when I do it's more because I'm bored than any other reason. It does have some use on Immerseus' add phase and during Norushen's trial, but that seems to be about it. It's also pretty good for clearing bleeds in the healer Proving Grounds, but I'm not sure if that counts as a serious use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kjeldorian View Post
    3. Your average HPS does not change...
    That's not entirely true - using Genesis will actually lower your overall HPS somewhat, as you're spending a GCD casting a spell that does no healing. Short term HPS goes up but long term HPS goes down.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  15. #175
    Love this thread, thank you for keeping up alive!

  16. #176
    Epic! lokithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    1,725
    I have a question about the Amp trinket.

    Does the 13k haste breakpoint still stay the same with it? I have a buddy that has a version of it (not sure which), but with the 5% haste buff I give him on my shaman hes at 44% haste with the 13163 haste showing in his character sheet.

    I ask this because I'm working on my druid atm and was wondering about when/if i get mine (will more than likely be flex version)

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    I have a question about the Amp trinket.

    Does the 13k haste breakpoint still stay the same with it? I have a buddy that has a version of it (not sure which), but with the 5% haste buff I give him on my shaman hes at 44% haste with the 13163 haste showing in his character sheet.

    I ask this because I'm working on my druid atm and was wondering about when/if i get mine (will more than likely be flex version)
    The haste breakpoint will change, but you need to know the exact ilvl of the trinket in question. The actual % reduction is not the same as the tool tip (the tooltip rounds) http://healiocentric.wordpress.com/2...inkets-in-5-4/ has a nice chart of it.

    For example if you get the flex version, and then upgrade it 2/2, the reduction is 6.6823%

    So the haste you would need to reach the 13163 breakpoint with that trinket is 13163/1.066823 = 12,338.5->12339 rating (without the trinket equipped).

  18. #178
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Does the 13k haste breakpoint still stay the same with it?
    Yes. No. Maybe. It depends on what you mean. The trinket gives haste rating, not a general haste percentage, so just equip it and then reforge so that you reach the breakpoint with it equipped. There's no secret magic to it and you don't actually have to know anything. Just equip the trinket and look at your character sheet.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  19. #179
    Epic! lokithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    The haste breakpoint will change, but you need to know the exact ilvl of the trinket in question. The actual % reduction is not the same as the tool tip (the tooltip rounds) http://healiocentric.wordpress.com/2...inkets-in-5-4/ has a nice chart of it.

    For example if you get the flex version, and then upgrade it 2/2, the reduction is 6.6823%

    So the haste you would need to reach the 13163 breakpoint with that trinket is 13163/1.066823 = 12,338.5->12339 rating (without the trinket equipped).

    alrighty thats what I needed to know. Thanks bunches!!

  20. #180
    Herald of the Titans Norganon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hawkeye State
    Posts
    2,631
    I'm having trouble weaving in Nourish. I just can't seem to find the time to use it. Does anyone use it? I mean, it's low cost but it doesn't heal for that much and the cast time is just a second too long. Or maybe I'm just a bad healer, but I don't think in my honest and biased opinion.
    Tito Per Sempre Etern | Adiós Y Gracias, Maestro

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •