Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoroc View Post
    Good point, I'll add it in. However, I personally would NEVER use that. The ability to seamlessly and instantly place a shroom/circle down while on the move or standing still is so strong. It's much FASTER to place it without the glyph, and you can get back to healing much faster. Just know where your target is in my opinion. But you're right, it's still an option and should be mentioned for thoroughness sake.
    The new mechanic can get a bit annoying, though. You can't pre-place the mushroom. You can't easily drop the mushroom to hit several spread out players. I like being able to quickly drop my mushroom on a melee DPS or whatever by raid frame mouseover, but I think this is going to be one of those glyphs you want for some fights.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    The new mechanic can get a bit annoying, though. You can't pre-place the mushroom. You can't easily drop the mushroom to hit several spread out players. I like being able to quickly drop my mushroom on a melee DPS or whatever by raid frame mouseover, but I think this is going to be one of those glyphs you want for some fights.
    You can't pre-place it, true, but why does that matter really? I mean, baring very specific and probably uncommon circumstances, if you're placing it anywhere, you're placing it where players are. So you just cast it on whichever player is the most conveniently located. I could see circumstances where the new placement would allow you to hit 4 players, but if you could manually do it you could hit that 5th who's just outside or something. But honestly any actual player should want to and make an effort to stand in that on their own, if they don't, well frankly that's their bad.

But you're very right, it could be useful for some fights, in which case you would want the glyph, in which case it deserves a mention. Will edit as soon as I get more time at work.

Also, Heart of the Wild now grants +25% healing while active in addition to the other benefits. While the cooldown is long, there are plenty of fights where you can use it more than once and the duration is pretty impressive. Preferable to Vigil for fights like Norushen where it's only the last minute that really counts. Vigil is probably preferable on most fights, but HotW is quite lovely for Ultraxion-style fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good point, I'll add it in. However, I personally would NEVER use that. The ability to seamlessly and instantly place a shroom/circle down while on the move or standing still is so strong. It's much FASTER to place it without the glyph, and you can get back to healing much faster. Just know where your target is in my opinion. But you're right, it's still an option and should be mentioned for thoroughness sake.
    Interesting how views can be so different. I consider it almost mandatory. I got used to the ground targeting because I've used the pre-5.4 version so much that I don't find it to be a hassle any more. I disagree with it being faster without the glyph, it's only faster if you don't know where you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Interesting how views can be so different. I consider it almost mandatory. I got used to the ground targeting because I've used the pre-5.4 version so much that I don't find it to be a hassle any more. I disagree with it being faster without the glyph, it's only faster if you don't know where you want it.
    I've used the manual just as much as you have probably, it's not that I found it a hassle, it's that in-comparison to the new way, for me, it's far too much work.

Although I don't think you're allowed to disagree about the speed, I simply don't believe your hand of pushing two mouse buttons faster than the server can read the input from one. Now try it on the move. For say, try it while kiting firebeam on Siegecrafter for example. I just can't believe unless I saw it with my own eyes that 2 clicks+aiming is faster than just 1 button, even if your mouse is already in the right place to cast it before you start. Not to mention, if you add in the time it took to get your mouse there, it'd probably have been faster and easier to never move your mouse away from your raid frames at all.
    Last edited by Aoroc; 2013-09-13 at 06:07 PM. Reason: words are hard mane

I'd like to put forth the notion that Glyph of the Sprouting Mushroom should be almost mandatory. Makes life so much easier and gives much more freedom over the control and placement of shrooms and henceforth Efflo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Although I don't think you're allowed to disagree about the speed, I simply don't believe your hand of pushing two mouse buttons faster than the server can read the input from one. Now try it on the move. For say, try it while kiting firebeam on Siegecrafter for example. I just can't believe unless I saw it with my own eyes that 2 clicks+aiming is faster than just 1 button, even if your mouse is already in the right place to cast it before you start. Not to mention, if you add in the time it took to get your mouse there, it'd probably have been faster and easier to never move your mouse away from your raid frames at all.
    I never said glyphed was faster, I said that un-glyphed wasn't. When you queue up a ground target spell you get the targeting reticule when you queue it, not when the previous cast/global is over. If you know where you want it, it's just as fast. I'm not even sure how moving the mouse a relatively short distance when you have a second to do it is something that is hard to believe. If you're good with it there are zero drawbacks and only potential benefit to glyphing it, the exception being if un-glyphed lets you place the mushroom so it hovers in the air on someone who is flying/swimming since you can't ground target those locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Drweird View Post
    I'd like to put forth the notion that Glyph of the Sprouting Mushroom should be almost mandatory. Makes life so much easier and gives much more freedom over the control and placement of shrooms and henceforth Efflo.
    Unglyphed with a mouseover macro works quite well too. It gives you the option of either clicking in the world (on a player) or using the raid frames to place it under someone. Being able to place the mushroom under a tank or melee DPS without having to turn your camera to show the boss can be quite handy. The downside is that it can be hard to catch multiple people who are spread out, and it can be harder to place the mushroom under the boss so that both the tanks and the melee DPS benefit (although large hitboxes means this is often impossible anyway). I suppose that the ideal would be to allow both uses without having to switch glyph (placing it under a target if you have one, otherwise going into targeting mode), but that's unlikely to ever happen.

I never said glyphed was faster, I said that un-glyphed wasn't. When you queue up a ground target spell you get the targeting reticule when you queue it, not when the previous cast/global is over. If you know where you want it, it's just as fast. I'm not even sure how moving the mouse a relatively short distance when you have a second to do it is something that is hard to believe. If you're good with it there are zero drawbacks and only potential benefit to glyphing it, the exception being if un-glyphed lets you place the mushroom so it hovers in the air on someone who is flying/swimming since you can't ground target those locations.
    It's mostly a preference thing. There might not be drawbacks for some players but there might be for others. I for one despise having to move my mouse away from my raid frames (heal with Clique), I sneer in disgust at the thought of it. If that works for some players, you I suppose, then awesome, but it's certainly not something that should be mandatory, as Drweird suggested.

It's mostly a preference thing. There might not be drawbacks for some players but there might be for others. I for one despise having to move my mouse away from my raid frames (heal with Clique), I sneer in disgust at the thought of it. If that works for some players, you I suppose, then awesome, but it's certainly not something that should be mandatory, as Drweird suggested.
    I'll still use the glyph as you can at least use it to direct people to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I'll still use the glyph as you can at least use it to direct people to move.
    Isn't that what raid markers are for? I see how it could be handy if you're the raid leader, though. We've used Healing Rain and mushrooms as "stack here" markers in the past.

I have three questions, and I really hope that I will get some answers:

a) Has anyone done any theorycraft about what is the best moment to hit Genesis referring to the sheer amount of rejuvs active and their duration left?
    b) I can't find a solid weak aura for rejuvenation tracking. I want (my main is a MW monk) one with the icon of rejuv which will state time left on the HoT that is to fade the soonest, and the amount of targets Rejuvenation is active on, just like the ReM tracker.
    c) I want the same thing for Living Seed.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Well; 2013-09-15 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    a) Has anyone done any theorycraft about what is the best moment to hit Genesis referring to the sheer amount of rejuvs active and their duration left?
    There's not really a lot to theorycraft in a regular raid scenario. Genesis will always be a short term (<4 seconds) HPS gain and a long term (>4 seconds) HPS loss. You sacrifice one Rejuvenation worth of healing to "dump" your current rejuvs. Aside from a few niche situations, the only time Genesis will be really useful is if your raid is split up and you only have a small number of people to heal (heroic Morchok, transition phase Lei Shen, etc.). I don't think anyone is going to do much serious theorycrafting about five man healing scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I have three questions, and I really hope that I will get some answers:

b) I can't find a solid weak aura for rejuvenation tracking. I want (my main is a MW monk) one with the icon of rejuv which will state time left on the HoT that is to fade the soonest, and the amount of targets Rejuvenation is active on, just like the ReM tracker.
    c) I want the same thing for Living Seed.

Thanks in advance.
    a) what Alltat said
    b) RJ is not the same HoT as RM, I know the WA you're referring to for RM, but it's far less important to know when the last one is running out or how many total you have, and focus more on who specifically has one and who doesn't. I would suggest just tracking through your raid frames.
    c) Living Seed is so worthless you really don't need to track it, that' just more clutter on your screen than you need, I promise.

what's the latest theorycraft saying about gemming? in the previous patch heroic rdruids avoided straight gemming for example pure int gem, most gems were hybrid unless it's mastery, now i feel i might not really need that much spirit thru gemming just wondering to find out the optimal now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kooz View Post
    what's the latest theorycraft saying about gemming? in the previous patch heroic rdruids avoided straight gemming for example pure int gem, most gems were hybrid unless it's mastery, now i feel i might not really need that much spirit thru gemming just wondering to find out the optimal now.

- - - Updated - - -
    It depends highly on what your gear is like, so without seeing it I can't tell you for sure, but assuming you have kind of decent gear, then you are at the point in Spellpower that 2 mastery is better than 1 int, so you'll still want to avoid int gemming. If you don't need anymore spirit and you're not trying to hit a haste breakpoint with them, then your priority would be mastery > int > spirit > haste. Given that, you look at the guide here to find the right gems. If you are trying to hit a breakpoint, then obviously it would become haste > mastery > int > spirit.

Isn't that what raid markers are for? I see how it could be handy if you're the raid leader, though. We've used Healing Rain and mushrooms as "stack here" markers in the past.
    I don't macro raid markers and the size of Efflorescence is big enough that people will notice when it's moved a short distance away from them. Found it very helpful on Norushen to indicate which direction the beam is going.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree that we want the glyph for some fights certainly, because I currently don't use a mouseover macro for the reticle it is much faster to use the unglyphed version although I often find myself moving to where I want to place it and casting it on myself (of course this isn't really an issue as I'm mostly using instant casts anyway).

Also, Heart of the Wild now grants +25% healing while active in addition to the other benefits. While the cooldown is long, there are plenty of fights where you can use it more than once and the duration is pretty impressive. Preferable to Vigil for fights like Norushen where it's only the last minute that really counts. Vigil is probably preferable on most fights, but HotW is quite lovely for Ultraxion-style fights.
    Hmm, I've been running HotW for quite a while and since they added the healing cd to it I assumed it was a bit of a no brainer.

However what kind of damage would you be putting out over the course of the fight with NV?

I think any resto druid would have gotten used to the pre-5.4 mushroom. It did however surprise me that after one night of raiding with the new one, glyphing it and using the reticle felt way too slow.

Anyway, what are you guys looking at for trinkets, the amplification trinket seems amazing and I'm thinking the multistrike one might work well for us due to large amounts of small heals so the overhealing should be lower than for other healers. On the other hand the int/spirit one seems like your average regen trinket, although I'm thinking that with the larger amounts of spirit on gear we could afford to get away with only one regen trinket (in 10's).

Deleted
    About the whole glyphed mushroom discussion. I have done a few 25 mans and felt just fine running with it unglyphed, since putting it on melee was mosltly a fine option. However tonight we did 10 man, and there were several occasions where i could see why the glyphed version would've been usefull. So IMO that factors in as well. Can't really say either is mandatory tho... as some people claim