Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    aight ty for the info and i will try that talent as you say. and for the hc i hope its soon cause this is a alt and we use if for boosts and the raid leader want to swith us in on the normal hc runs so i hope that is gonna happen soonish :P

Deleted
    i have been raiding for a few weeks on my druid and i was just wondering if there was anyone that could help me, i am at 550 and trying to decide when i should go for the 13163 haste cap. i can hit it atm but i will loose about 15% mastery and just wondering when it is worth going for it?

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/Sh%C3%ADfft/advanced

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    So... dumb question potentially. If so I apologize, but I have seen one of the better geared Resto Druids on my realm using both the Sha Amp trinket, and the Immerseus Amp trinket. When I asked thme, they said that reaching the 13k hbp, that minus certain fights this provided the greatest consistent throughput for them.
    Is this legit or not? I read though multiple pages of this thread and EJ and didn't see anything covering it, maybe I haven't went back far enough, still plan on reading more after I post this.
    Would post their armory but its not my character or someone I raid with, so I don't really like the idea of posting a strangers armory and saying wtf. But they are 570 and at the 13k hbp with roughly 13k spirit by their armory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by xbrmat View Post
    i have been raiding for a few weeks on my druid and i was just wondering if there was anyone that could help me, i am at 550 and trying to decide when i should go for the 13163 haste cap. i can hit it atm but i will loose about 15% mastery and just wondering when it is worth going for it?
    I would stay near the 3k breakpoint for a while longer. You could go for it if you really wanted to, but I think the difference would be minimal at this point. Not really worth replacing all your gems if it's not going to increase your healing.

Somewhat unrelated, get rid of the Glyph of Rejuvenation and stop casting Nourish. It's a horribly inefficient spell. It's cheap, but it heals for very little. Rejuvenation is more mana efficient in every situation, including if you have to use Genesis on a single target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    So... dumb question potentially. If so I apologize, but I have seen one of the better geared Resto Druids on my realm using both the Sha Amp trinket, and the Immerseus Amp trinket. When I asked thme, they said that reaching the 13k hbp, that minus certain fights this provided the greatest consistent throughput for them.
    Is this legit or not?
    It's legit if that's the best option you actually have. It isn't best in slot. The Nazgrim, Thok and Blackfuse trinkets are all better than the Immerseus amp trinket as a healer, but that's no comfort if neither of those actually drop. I still haven't gotten the Thok or Blackfuse trinket in however many kills it's been, and it took fifteen heroic Nazgrim kills before the heroic version of the trinket dropped the first time.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Is this legit or not?
    I just did some rough math (may have messed up somewhere, but I'm confident in what I did) and with my own equipment of ilvl 577, I would personally get a total of 2766 mastery (5.7%) if I equipped the Heroic Immerseus trinket (double upgraded, non WF). So it's not terrible if they have it, but as Alltat said, the other trinkets are better (mainly because of the lack of a proc on the Immerseus trinket if looking at my math).

EDIT: Also, I did the math as though the trinkets were multiplicative. If they're additive, then it's worth even less than the value i gave.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2014-04-27 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Also, I did the math as though the trinkets were multiplicative. If they're additive, then it's worth even less than the value i gave.
    From what I've read on double Amp. is that they're additive.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    (mainly because of the lack of a proc on the Immerseus trinket if looking at my math).
    You can proc the Immerseus trinket as a healer, but you have to do it with melee attacks (human or cat form - cat form will obviously proc it more quickly.)
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Deleted
    Hey there resto druids of MMO-Champion! I'm curious.
    I do not use the 4-set bonus because I don't like the bonus plus I have 2 warforged items "head and shoulders". Can I replace something with the 3rd tier piece with? Just killed Garrosh this monday, so haven't started in heroic yet.

Armory link is in my signature. Thanks.

Edit: I also wanna note that I want to stay around 15-16k spirit as my guild is still gearing up, for example my warrior tank is ilevel 542 so he takes abit more damage than a 565 Blood DK.
    Last edited by mmoc61fad24c7c; 2014-05-21 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolty92 View Post
    Hey there resto druids of MMO-Champion! I'm curious.
    I do not use the 4-set bonus because I don't like the bonus plus I have 2 warforged items "head and shoulders". Can I replace something with the 3rd tier piece with? Just killed Garrosh this monday, so haven't started in heroic yet.

Armory link is in my signature. Thanks.

Edit: I also wanna note that I want to stay around 15-16k spirit as my guild is still gearing up, for example my warrior tank is ilevel 542 so he takes abit more damage than a 565 Blood DK.
    Do you have meta gem? If you do, 15k spirit is more than enough and more spirit is not the answer for squishy tanks. More mastery is the answer and by dropping mastery for spirit you're actually making it harder on yourself. You also logged out in balance gear so I can only imagine you're dropping mastery for spirit.

Your 4 piece is about 2% of your overall healing. It is not worth breaking it for anything except probably an LFR tier piece to a heroic off piece. It'd also help if you linked what helm and what shoulder - if it has crit on it, it's definitely a no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolty92 View Post
    Reforge your spirit down to 12-13k. If your tank is squishy, you don't solve that by stacking spirit. Each point of spirit comes at the cost of a point of mastery/crit/haste, and ends up costing you more healing than you gain. In the end you heal for less the more spirit you stack (past 10-11k). It's better to heal ten times for 100k than eleven times for 90k, especially if your tank is taking very spiky damage. The reason you need that much spirit is because your HoTs aren't strong enough to cope, forcing you to cast Regrowth too often.

If your tank is undergeared, you should also pick up a Glyph of Regrowth for more reliable large single target heals. I would recommend Efflorescence + Wild Growth + Regrowth as your major glyphs.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    HI,

after my guild stopped 25man raiding due to recruitment-problems, we decided to move on as 10man. so I need to heal on two bosses (iron juggernaut and thok). main spec is balance.
    also got a new trinket yesterday, so my basic question is, which trinket i should chose as my second one (sha of pride (540) is my first) for thok 10m heroic:

nazgrim heroic (566)
    thok non-heroic (553)

the raid is standing within the efflorence effect in 3 camps ( 1/4/4 + tank in decent range). will the thok one always hit other groups aswell or how far is the effect of its range?
    wich one is the better one for 10man heroic thok?

amory-link:
    dendrophobia, aegwynn-eu ((cant post link))
    I went for 15k spirit, healing with restoration shaman and disc/holy priest

Quote Originally Posted by dendrophobia View Post
    HI,

after my guild stopped 25man raiding due to recruitment-problems, we decided to move on as 10man. so I need to heal on two bosses (iron juggernaut and thok). main spec is balance.
    also got a new trinket yesterday, so my basic question is, which trinket i should chose as my second one (sha of pride (540) is my first) for thok 10m heroic:

nazgrim heroic (566)
    thok non-heroic (553)

the raid is standing within the efflorence effect in 3 camps ( 1/4/4 + tank in decent range). will the thok one always hit other groups aswell or how far is the effect of its range?
    wich one is the better one for 10man heroic thok?

amory-link:
    dendrophobia, aegwynn-eu ((cant post link))
    Assuming you have your meta gem, 15k spirit is way too much. I recommend dropping down to about 12k and putting the rest of your points into mastery or your haste break point, especially if you have a resto shaman and a priest with you. they both have strong mana cooldowns. As for your actual question, the thok trinket is better than the nazgrim one and I would recommend using it for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dendrophobia View Post
    HI,
    Especially if you're healing with both a shamman and a priest, that means you have access to both mana tide AND Mana hymn. I can't possibly imagine ever needing over 12k spirit if you have both of those. You're losing too much mastery (=throughput), for spirit you are absolutely never going to use.

the thok trinket for sure (especially since there's a notable difference in the kite phases where it hits all 5 people), in my experience the thok cleave still does 6-10% of healing in 10h thok)

cleaving on 3/5 targets in 2 groups and 0/5 on tanks isn't too bad, you're pretty much never cleaving off tanks anyways
    (it also does some good smart healing when you're stacking to end the phase)
    remember the thok trinket is baseline assuming a 6 man stack for like 15% bonus healing, so it's still big even in weak situations

Hello! And TY again nice sites and forums.

And to the business..

I have a problem, I have been healer a long time and after lich king died allmost every patch I have been raiding in 10mans. Now cause of mythics we killed Garrosh in 10's and now we did change to 25 mans. Problem is that I have used to be good healer and one of the top healers in guild. Now I feel like im not doing good work like im underperforming. Can i ask, do you see am i doing something wrong, should i do something more or in different way? here is mine logs from
    today: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-swkv03nj44se5f9o/details/8/
    and from yesterday: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cgy0cv66nwm5hmhv/details/6/

Is there something wrong or is it just class thingy that cant heal better in 25's...?
    I love theory crafting and also allways trying to improve my gaming and char. Thats why im asking now what should i do.. I cant see what i do wrong...

Ty for youre answers beforehand and im waiting for youre answers..

-Markyus

ps.eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Namis/advanced this is my armory

www's are missing cause i cannot post them yeat, Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Markyus View Post
    Hello! And TY again nice sites and forums.

And to the business..

I have a problem, I have been healer a long time and after lich king died allmost every patch I have been raiding in 10mans. Now cause of mythics we killed Garrosh in 10's and now we did change to 25 mans. Problem is that I have used to be good healer and one of the top healers in guild. Now I feel like im not doing good work like im underperforming. Can i ask, do you see am i doing something wrong, should i do something more or in different way? here is mine logs from
    today: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-swkv03nj44se5f9o/details/8/
    and from yesterday: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cgy0cv66nwm5hmhv/details/6/

Is there something wrong or is it just class thingy that cant heal better in 25's...?
    I love theory crafting and also allways trying to improve my gaming and char. Thats why im asking now what should i do.. I cant see what i do wrong...

Ty for youre answers beforehand and im waiting for youre answers..

-Markyus

ps.eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Namis/advanced this is my armory

www's are missing cause i cannot post them yeat, Sorry about that.
    In every fight, you should aim to have your lifebloom and harmony uptime at 100%-Always have it on the active tank. You'll also want to make sure your efflo is placed in a good place as well. You can also gain a significant boost in HPS by switching to use Soul of the Forest, and always try and pair wildgrowth with it. Use Nature's Vigil on CD. Switch to glyph of wild growth. Use barkskin more.

Keep in mind, making the switch to 25s takes a bit of adjustment and practice. In order to be an effective healer, its extremely important to understand your raid comp, your team, and know the intricacies of your own personal raid strategies. Keep practicing, and aim for more uptimes on your heals, and you will see huge improvements!

Hey guys

I recently joined a new guild that needs a healer for 25m H. I'm fairly new to healing and although I read the guides I know there is a big chunk of play style that I might not be totally understanding. Our raid comp is currently 2 disc priests, resto sham and 2 resto druids (one being myself). My toon is Mesøtheliøma- Mal'Ganis US (horde) who is 564 ilvl with cloak and meta.

Now I realize that priests are kinda on a whole other level when it comes to sniping heals and these two in particular out gear me by about 12 ilvls; my question is, should it be normal to not hard cast many times in a fight? What I mean is I feel like by the time i start to cast they are already bubbled/shielded or whatever so by the time my heal gets cast it's almost over healing. I have so much to learn and am trying to get off on the right foot by doing a great job or at least starting to show improvement

I'm not quite sure what kind of numbers are expected uptime wise on things like world of logs for resto druids. I'm trying my best to keep track of lifebloom, sagemender procs, harmony as detailed in the guide but I know I let lifebloom drop off more than a few times as well as not using mushroom:bloom at the best times but I think that just goes with being more comfortable with healing to begin with.

anyways; feel free to dissect and hound me for my poor poor healing . This log is from Sha 25H. Feel free to look at the galakras encounter; though I did a hell of a lot worse on that one.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0p6jntwd58qilfop/

Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    Hey guys

I recently joined a new guild that needs a healer for 25m H. I'm fairly new to healing and although I read the guides I know there is a big chunk of play style that I might not be totally understanding. Our raid comp is currently 2 disc priests, resto sham and 2 resto druids (one being myself). My toon is Mesøtheliøma- Mal'Ganis US (horde) who is 564 ilvl with cloak and meta.

Now I realize that priests are kinda on a whole other level when it comes to sniping heals and these two in particular out gear me by about 12 ilvls; my question is, should it be normal to not hard cast many times in a fight? What I mean is I feel like by the time i start to cast they are already bubbled/shielded or whatever so by the time my heal gets cast it's almost over healing. I have so much to learn and am trying to get off on the right foot by doing a great job or at least starting to show improvement

I'm not quite sure what kind of numbers are expected uptime wise on things like world of logs for resto druids. I'm trying my best to keep track of lifebloom, sagemender procs, harmony as detailed in the guide but I know I let lifebloom drop off more than a few times as well as not using mushroom:bloom at the best times but I think that just goes with being more comfortable with healing to begin with.

anyways; feel free to dissect and hound me for my poor poor healing . This log is from Sha 25H. Feel free to look at the galakras encounter; though I did a hell of a lot worse on that one.

You've probably picked the worst 2 fights for resto druids to heal in 25 man with 2 disc priests in the raid to link us logs for.

Sha of Pride there really isn't much to heal. No burst damage and very little damage goes out aside from swelling pride for the majority of the fight and if you have paladins or disc priests, they are naturally going to own the first 70% - although when you zoom to the last 30%, your heals should jump up a bit more as their bubbles arent getting the chance to grow anymore:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0p...?s=1895&e=2044

Some how in that last 30% though you managed to let Wild Growth do more healing than rejuv. Rejuv is your goto heal - and you should be keeping that up on as many people as your mana allows.

You've also glyphed rejuv on Sha, but you didn't cast nourish once. For this fight, you should glyph WG, Efflo and either Rebirth, HT or Regrowth (I would suggest regrowth).

Galakras again for druids is a shit fight because for the first 75% of the fight you are going to be dealing with very low damage being sniped by your pally's and priests.

Again if you want to analyze your healing done on this fight, ignore the first 75% and focus on the part when the boss is brought down:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0p...?s=4607&e=4718

As with Sha, you've glyphed Nourish without using it. For this fight I would suggest the WG, Efflo, and either Regrowth, HT or if you are going to be healing the first tower, rebirth or stamp roar. Stamp roar gets rid of the snare debuff on the first tower, and rebirth just in case anyone dies on the tower (you don't want to rez them at 20% and have them jump down and die from fall damage). Another trick you can do to boost your heals a bit on this fight is throw your shroom under the engineers on the doors if you are assigned to heal them. Let them get to about 50% then pop your shroom under them. Its about 3 mil heals in 1 GCD - although I wouldn't suggest doing this unless you just want to pad the meters because it really doesn't do anything for the rest of the raid and there are better places for your shroom to be dropped on this fight.

As far as gearing, you logged out in Guardian spec/gear so I can't help ya there, although you should have noticed a pattern in my glyph suggestions. The first 2, Efflo and Wild Growth remain consistently best for 25 man raiding in T16H. The 3rd glyph really depends on the fight, however I usually go with regrowth since I have the 2pt16 and rebirth on prog fights.

As far as talent choices:
    For lvl 15, Displacer Beast is pretty useful on every fight this tier.
    For lvl 30, I go with YG for every fight. There may be times where Cenarion Ward or Renewal are going to be better, but I haven't encountered a fight where they beat YG yet.
    For lvl 45, I use Typhoon on every fight except for Immerseus - when I switch to mass entanglement.
    For lvl 60, I would stick with SoTF on the majority of the fights. Incarnation is a good choice on fights where you need an additional healing/mana CD like Thok, Iron Jug or Shamans (last 50%)
    For lvl 70, it really doesn't matter what you use here. Most of these talents are useless against bosses and have niche uses that really don't matter all that much. Ursols helps on Shamans slimes if you are healing the Kadris group. Disorienting Roar helps on Garrosh phase 2 MC's (normal at least, havent seen it on heroic), but its usefulness is lost once he transitions into P3. Mighty Bash is good for Nazgrim to stun the sniper, assassin or archweaver.
    For lvl 90, I stick with NV for every fight except Malkorok where I switch to HoTW. DOC healing is fun in LFR, but pretty useless in normal/heroic raiding.

I would also suggest grabbing the Sprouting Mushroom minor glyph - as you will likely need this once you get to Thok.

If you want a better assessment of your healing, I would post logs on fights druids tend to shine on and log out in Resto Gear/Spec. Iron Jug, Fallen Protectors, Malkorok, Norushen, Shamans (depending on the strat), or Thok are good fights to post logs for and have people pick you apart. Your heals DO seem low, but that may just have to do with inexperience paired with having to compete against 2 disc priests on low damage fights. The highest healing increase I have seen for myself is learning the fights inside and out and knowing where and when the damage is going to come so I can plan accordingly. I would suggest the same for you if you plan on continuing to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanorala View Post
    Hey guys

Looking at your logs for Sha of pride, you had lifebloom up for only 14% of the fight. And only 65% for Galakras. As a resto druid, you should always aim to have lifebloom and harmony uptime at 100% (its not super realistic, but if you're consistently hitting 95% uptime, you're doing GREAT). This will significantly increase your healing output. More lifebloom uptime means more OOC procs, which means more free casts of healing touch or regrowth. Thats HUGE.

I highly suggest using an addon to track lifebloom as well. I use weak auras. Mine looks like this:

(here's the string to my weak aura, for those interested)
    dOJVdaGAqkTEHuTlqQ2MuntqzUiQMTQ6MikDBrStrzVu7wI9dsXpbuddf)gPxdcdfvvdgqYWfIdkj1JjLJHsNtkTqH KLci1IfQLt0dbepfAzi8CchwrtvvMSKA6QCrufxfrXLv66KQnkQ2QqkBwHTdIEgQCAs(SaFxsYirvzAcA0GKXJQ0jL e3crUgqNhunor6VsX3ayZ6NrLXkLBLJP2sEfnArqELSO1qwLqRHVvg3KV)4pviOjgfgjGod07gtmwBS2pJIBQbHavr FDgBQrEbEme758WwMucIqcgwoWwUoJhKcdnoOLl)pdegbMmpyvY4XiuRkaQZ5GHPPa6GPmCTGHSa6EqkeGXtQccwPF gf3udIgvzqnkUPgegdKu9iAFAzDSrAvfGlF4okJLzY2OkdQXi)j8vkmQxuNXajvpIXYmzf(5mwJWuJn(tPj(mQPloA sduQ614Ps2AFgJNsGq)uPFoJ15GmP9q20qgIoaae9UhKa7oJW5ayiAzdb0b56TTPCCEqcKZNXisAGCfc(LRMsOOfNX y8tN1(zus)RFgt0)NYpF(8zeoWJHypNtcKGbabaowwgqgUqcqpifcAuUbkA5bpYACQlNXtPrLgT0iu1Rry8K)mkUPg eICA5msWWqanavu0FTrvTXFSXB590LRXQLjujCJIBQbHai0pv6NZyDEAAhSLPnfmS37DcopibY5moNNM2bBzAtbd79 ENGZdsGC(moRRvNIwM)MtQccwPWpNX6NXtQccwPFglZKv4NZynctn24pLM4Z4bpYACQlNgR3y9X4bpYAKpEGXFozGz uOhVqULd1hdfVgBas14RbFvd0pJ6f1zmYFcFLgPvvaU8H7OmUqULZiF78FqzuOhVqULJF5ou8Ae5NhyW8zuVCsvqWk 9ZNpFgRsvFq5CaTGS9obacoUEVLLZdsHGgRvcOvVODkixhLXIEYtQccwPWze(mo9Zim1yJ)uAIXkLBLJP2sEfnArqE LSO1qwLqRHVvg3KV)4pviOj(mcPZydzz8zda

P.s dont use glyph of rejuvenation. Its not very good.
    Last edited by solidbear; 2014-06-08 at 08:35 PM.

Ok guys thank you so much for the great info and tips Im such a newb when it comes to resto druid-ing and healing in general so I'm still making mistakes.
    I have some updates from raid tonight. Marginal improvement which Im kinda upset with myself about. It was a really frustrating night for me on two accounts; other druid in raid is less geared and continues to out heal me time and time again, and I caused many wipes on H shamans D:

anyways. I worked on my LB uptime - made a TMW for it with a sound event when it has less than 2 seconds left. Uptimes varied from pull to pull but I prioritized keeping it up as much as I could.

I also took the suggestion of swapping out glyphs; not sure why I had glyph of rejuv anyways but its swapped to wild growth glyph now. So thank you for catching that.

Ok now down to actual number crunching

We 2 shot H IJ tonight; I didn't do the greatest but was told this fight is a good way to analyze r druids so here are the logs for that fight . I had never done this fight on H (or normal to be 100% honest - consequences of being a prior pug raider) so I was focusing A LOT on mechanics which is why LB uptime is very low as is really everything XD. Excuses aside I know theres quite a bit of room for improvement on that fight. I'm Mesothelioma the druid if anyone isn't familiar with my previous post

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...vW2X/#fight=85

For H Shamans; my only other previous H kill on 25 man I was on bottom group which went rather smoothly; today I was put ontop so the two priests and shaman could stay on bottom for good shields for iron prison. I struggled IMMENSELY with foul stream and was the cause of about 80% of our wipes tonight. talk about frustrating. Anyways our first attempt we managed to get to 1% before tanks went down and we wiped. here are the logs for that

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...vW2X/#fight=91

towards the end of the night when everyone was starting to get pretty frustrated with me, they did some healer swapping and brought both me and the other resto druid to the bottom to heal.
    This is our last attempt using that strat and last pull of the night

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...W2X/#fight=108

One thing i noticed is A LOT of over healing. I understand the concept of over healing but how can i minimize it? especially with lifebloom and rejuvs- do i track the other druids so i don't over heal? so confused
    Also logging out in the right gear so you can look at that as well if you want

I'll continue to work on LB uptime's to get it up to desirable numbers in the mean time. Thank you guys so much for taking the time to look it over
    Last edited by Lanorala; 2014-06-09 at 05:30 AM. Reason: edit for editing