Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So I think i've come across a slight bug. and i feel as if it's been discovered already. but when omen of clarity is up and the t16-2p is stacking, not even at 5 stack. if i cast HT i notice it takes away the 2pc proc but omen is still up. giving me free casts and not clearing the omen proc off unless i cast it without the 2pc proccing. can someone confirm?

So hi, I'm a part-time healer in my pretty casual guild and now I've heard about a minimum amount of mastery to hang onto with the 13k haste point, I hit the haste point easy enough without breaking any sockets but right now I'm at 28% mastery, is that an acceptable amount?

@Namekal: yes, that is as intended. The 2p buff reduces the mana cost (and cast time) of HT by 20% per stack, so if you cast HT at 4 stacks, you wouldn't want it to consume Omen because it only costs 20% of the original cost anyway. So the rule is, if you have a 2p buff, Omen is not consumed. Same goes for LMG proc.

@Kojo: there is no specific minimum mastery value. In 10 man, any value is acceptable, in 25 man, you shouldn't go too low though. 28% is definitely fine, stay with the haste breakpoint.

Deleted
    Hi, I have a very quick question regarding Soul of the Forest and Lifebloom.

If I have 1 stack of Lifebloom on someone (or 0 stacks) and I then Swiftmend, if I put more stacks of Lifebloom on that same player until they have all 3 stacks, will that Lifebloom benefit from the +100% haste bonus of Soul of the Forest?

I'm sure the answer is no, but I want to make sure as I am VERY new the resto druid.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by suiki View Post
    Hi, I have a very quick question regarding Soul of the Forest and Lifebloom.

If I have 1 stack of Lifebloom on someone (or 0 stacks) and I then Swiftmend, if I put more stacks of Lifebloom on that same player until they have all 3 stacks, will that Lifebloom benefit from the +100% haste bonus of Soul of the Forest?

I'm sure the answer is no, but I want to make sure as I am VERY new the resto druid.

Thanks!
    The first lifebloom you cast after SOTF will benefit from the buff. So in your example: the target had 1 stack, you used swiftmend and gained the SoTF buff, you lifebloom again for stack 2. He now has a 100% hasted 2 stack LB on him.

Now if you cast a 3rd stack of LB on the target....I believe you lose the 100% haste buff from the 2 stack and just go to a normal haste 3 stack. I'm not 100% sure (been ages since I paid attention) - but if you don't get a response in the meantime, I'll check it out tonight at raid :P

(I personally just make sure the hasted LB is either the 3rd stack or refreshing a 3rd stack) - although really with how much tanks heal nowadays - ur better off using the SoTF buff on WG or a Rejuv anyhow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    The first lifebloom you cast after SOTF will benefit from the buff. So in your example: the target had 1 stack, you used swiftmend and gained the SoTF buff, you lifebloom again for stack 2. He now has a 100% hasted 2 stack LB on him.

Now if you cast a 3rd stack of LB on the target....I believe you lose the 100% haste buff from the 2 stack and just go to a normal haste 3 stack. I'm not 100% sure (been ages since I paid attention) - but if you don't get a response in the meantime, I'll check it out tonight at raid :P

(I personally just make sure the hasted LB is either the 3rd stack or refreshing a 3rd stack) - although really with how much tanks heal nowadays - ur better off using the SoTF buff on WG or a Rejuv anyhow

Thank you very much! A quick follow up question if anyone can help, if I have all 3 stacks of Lifebloom on one person (with the +100% haste buff from Soul of the Forest), and I transfer the stacks to a different player, does the new player get the +100% haste buff?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by suiki View Post
    Thank you very much! A quick follow up question if anyone can help, if I have all 3 stacks of Lifebloom on one person (with the +100% haste buff from Soul of the Forest), and I transfer the stacks to a different player, does the new player get the +100% haste buff?
    Thanks again!
    My guess is going to be no - otherwise you could keep 100% hasted 3 stack LB just by moving it around each time before it expires.

If you have a hasted stack and cast on a new target, you loose the benefit of the 100% haste. After all, you aren't actually moving the stack. You are recasting it (this time without SoTF haste buff) on a new target at full duration)- they just get a normal 3 stack LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    yes, that is as intended. The 2p buff reduces the mana cost (and cast time) of HT by 20% per stack, so if you cast HT at 4 stacks, you wouldn't want it to consume Omen because it only costs 20% of the original cost anyway. So the rule is, if you have a 2p buff, Omen is not consumed. Same goes for LMG proc.
    I understand that it would consume the 2p buff first, but its not costing 20%, or however many stacks, less. I could stare at my mana bar when I have 1 stack & omen, cast HT, it would consume 0 mana, and just take away the 1 20% cost reduction stack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namekal View Post
    I understand that it would consume the 2p buff first, but its not costing 20%, or however many stacks, less. I could stare at my mana bar when I have 1 stack & omen, cast HT, it would consume 0 mana, and just take away the 1 20% cost reduction stack.
    Even if this were true (which I don't think, I'd have to try it out) it's such an insignificant amount of mana anyway on an already rarely used spell. So it really doesn't matter especially this late in the expansion.

As for the lifebloom plus stof, everytime lifebloom is refreshed (or starts it's timer over) the spell recalculates.

Sorry wrong thread
    Last edited by Icecreamcake; 2014-08-20 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IDespicable View Post
    Hello, I recently joined a 25m Heroic Pug on my resto druid who i've only been trying to really learn for the past ~month. Anyway I was hoping some of you good resto druids could take a look at this kill on 25m Protectors, it says I scored in the 90th percentile but I know I didn't do as well as I could and I am planning on looking for a 25H guild before WoD drops and I want to show that I'm worth it.

(I'm Rake)
    Here are the logs: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4jxbtrnhwHRmJfWd
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A1ke/advanced

I would highly recommend bugging your raid until they stand in efflo more so you can top everyone with a bloom :P Maybe its just me but bloom is always a lot higher for me on that fight.

For the calamity that is, just kind of nudge into it right before it goes off and kerplow!
    You're a towel.

I just came back to the game after skipping MOP, and was wondering what happened to grid status hots? How do druids track hots on grid now? Anyone know of an updated version?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an interface/macros section that might be better, I personally use Vuhdo so I cannot help you Floor
    You're a towel.

I thought I could get into resto druid healing, but man it just numbs my brain. Rejuvenate, Rejuvenate, Rejuvenate. Not saying it's boring but trying to blanket the raid with Rejuvenate and other hots just puts me into a trance that's hard to snap out of. Then genesis when damage output gets high and then start blanketing all over again.

Though I think if I use mouse over macros it probably might make things more fluid.

I really hope you had Harmony active all this time otherwise it's worth a giggle

Feels like shamans are pretty much resto druids on roids atm... what does resto druid to better?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Feels like shamans are pretty much resto druids on roids atm... what does resto druid to better?
    Did you mean for PvE or PvP?

For PvE:
    Healing under heavy movement
    Stacked aoe burst (shroom bloom) - its a niche bonus, but still
    Maybe more damage (Nature's Vigil / Hotw) vs Stormlash and Fire ele?
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2014-08-29 at 06:12 PM.

as far as pvp, we bring cyclone and some more dmg threat during hotw, but yeah we're not nearly as good at 3s as shamans, who are currently harder to kill than ilvl 600 prot pallies on asian servers

we work better in 2s where we have less to dr with, but yeah outside of being able to hot up, then los, it'll be harder,
    droods are able to handle melee well, but ranged classes will eat you alive if they get in los of you

cyclone, roots, cc talents, symb cc, then just hide is really all you can do
    and if you manage to get to their healer, you can cc chain them pretty hard, but most people don't fall for shit like that
    if you get the chance you can try to build up cat combo points and maim someone, but it's rarely worthwhile

as far as pve: we do better on them on every current spread fight in 25s and every fight but thok and garrosh in 10s, but we're pretty dull to play until LMG, but every healing class really is right now and it was dumb to balance mana pools around such a ridiculous concept, and high mobility is nice for a lot of fights

I'm really liking the rejuv and genesis combo. Was doing Flex the other night and other healer went down, dark shamans @ 10%. Blanket rejuv on everyone and then genesis to heal them back up before the next aoe.

So are you meant to only line up soul of the forest with wild growth for the best benefit? There's a few seconds in between the cd of swift mend and wild growth.

Sometimes I see lifebloom consumes soul of the forest but the tool tip still says healing every second as usual. Probably a bug?

Hey droods, first time posting here. Assuming we have cloak + LMG, what are our optimized stat weights? I have a feeling Mr. Robot is lying to me. If anyone could post what they think our full stat weights are, I'd be super grateful.