Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Breeders may face jailtime over cruelty to 20,000 animals

Hope these evil people get what's coming them. Animals that are bred should at least get their basic welfare taken care of, like ample food and water. They also tortured them too:

A whistleblower contacted PETA and the animal welfare agency sent an undercover investigator to get a job at the business. The investigator documented rats being grabbed by their tails and slammed against poles, stomped on, shot with a BB gun, frozen alive and drowned.
    Apparently according to some people it's OK if this kind of thing is done for rats, but not for dogs. It's appalling no matter the animal. Will these guys get the punishment they deserve, or will they get a slap on the wrist?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sick fucks have no humanity.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeeah, srry pal but no one gives a fuck about rats, theyre nonthing like dogs and they don't have the same feelings as we do nor display them, it's their property and they're insignificant as far as I believe, i'm going to facepalm if these breeders get jailtime because of the publics charade. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    Yeeeah, srry pal but no one gives a fuck about rats, theyre nonthing like dogs and they don't have the same feelings as we do nor display them, it's their property and they're insignificant as far as I believe, i'm going to facepalm if these breeders get jailtime because of the publics charade. lol.
    Actually, rats are shown to display more intelligence than some breeds of dogs, and can form emotional attachments to their owners as well as a dog. To say they don't display "feelings" is just ignorance talking. And if no one cared about them and it's their "property" so they can do anything they want to them, then why were they charged with multiple animal cruelty felonies? It doesn't matter if it's a rat or dog, it's called "duty of care".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerplank View Post
    Actually, rats are shown to display more intelligence than some breeds of dogs, and can form emotional attachments to their owners as well as a dog. To say they don't display "feelings" is just ignorance talking. And if no one cared about them and it's their "property" so they can do anything they want to them, then why were they charged with multiple animal cruelty felonies? It doesn't matter if it's a rat or dog, it's called "duty of care".
    but theyre insignificant who cares about them? they don't really contribute to society like dogs do assuming were talking about your average lab rat.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...they're rats. really? Fuck them. They are way too freaking many of them, and they cause more harm than good. This is just another example of "We have to save the cute ones!" mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    but theyre insignificant who cares about them? they don't really contribute to society like dogs do assuming were talking about your average lab rat.
    Yeah. But lab rats are serving a purpose. Inflicting pain on animals for no other reason than fun is the first sign of a psychopath.
    Operation Red Wing

Why does that matter though?

The average lab rat has probably contributed to society more than you. Guess we shouldn't care about you then?

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    ...they're rats. really? Fuck them. They are way too freaking many of them, and they cause more harm than good. This is just another example of "We have to save the cute ones!" mentality.
    We're talking about literally torturing them, though. I could understand someone feeling like rats are creatures of no value but I can't understand the logic of making them needlessly suffer for extended periods just for the sake of personal amusement. Its one thing to put an animal down -- I grew up on a farm and its necessary sometimes. It's another to pick an animal up by its tail and use it as a flail.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

No, it's another example of people being irresponsible and not being able to treat animals under their care in a respectable and humane manner. How you linked that to "there's too many rats and do more harm than good", is a mystery to me. It's a stupid thing to say considering the two aren't even relevant at all. Anyway, it doesn't matter what you "think" about them - what they did is illegal and morally wrong. Fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerplank View Post
    Why does that matter though?

The average lab rat has probably contributed to society more than you. Guess we shouldn't care about you then?
    national guard, I was called to duty when Katrina happened I contributed more then enough I saved ppl from dying. whats a lab rat done? being used as an experiment on new shampoo products? It kinda does matter if they contribute or not and how well they contribute.
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2013-07-24 at 04:17 AM.

I, for one, am happy to see animal abused punished by law.
    Not too happy about the bizarre number of animals that suffered those people, but at least I know society as a whole doesn't condone it.

national guard, I was called to duty when Katrina happened I contributed more then enough.
    So did the rats you say are "insignificant", yet are the cornerstone of many medical advancements and treatments. Anyway it doesn't matter if they are "insignificant" it's still not right to have an animal under your direct care, only to neglect and to abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    We're talking about literally torturing them, though. I could understand someone feeling like rats are creatures of no value but I can't understand the logic of making them needlessly suffer for extended periods just for the sake of personal amusement. Its one thing to put an animal down -- I grew up on a farm and its necessary sometimes. It's another to pick an animal up by its tail and use it as a flail.
    They were not literally torturing them. They severely neglected them. If you want to chalk up all general animal suffering caused by humans as torturing, humans torture animals everyday and likely 99% of people are paying them to do so. Pretty much how the majority of the livestock we raise suffers from the day the animal is born until the day it dies.(yet somehow if we kill them humanely it is all ok...)

Also seems like the story is kind of playing with the facts a little, as I doubt rats were being raised for pets. If they were breeding rats it was either for food for the reptiles or to be used in medical research(which isn't exactly humane).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    No, it's another example of people being irresponsible and not being able to treat animals under their care in a respectable and humane manner. How you linked that to "there's too many rats and do more harm than good", is a mystery to me. It's a stupid thing to say considering the two aren't even relevant at all. Anyway, it doesn't matter what you "think" about them - what they did is illegal and morally wrong. Fact.
    Wrong, wrong, stupid, wrong, and more wrong. Sheesh, I really wish I could've grown up sheltered like you apparently have >.>

Rats in at least 50 of the US states are considered VERMIN for a reason. They damage property, kill pets, the whole nine. There is absolutely no law what so ever against the right or wrong treatment of VERMIN. See that word? VERMIN? Want me to type it again? When something is classified as vermin or pest, they have basically lost all 'rights' (and lol at applying human treatment to fucking animals) and join that wonderful, wonderful list of little fluffy cuddly animals classified as 'kill on sight'.

Animal huggers really make me want to go club a seal. Or ten.

Infracted: Please be more respectful to other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-07-24 at 04:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh.

Not sure who to be outraged at. The animal abusers, or the hypocritical PETA freaks.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    For the posters that eat meat, and are outraged. Watch earthlings and come back. There is way more heinous and disgusting things going on than this.
    You make me smile with my heart.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong, wrong, stupid, wrong, and more wrong. Sheesh, I really wish I could've grown up sheltered like you apparently have >.>

Rats in at least 50 of the US states are considered VERMIN for a reason. They damage property, kill pets, the whole nine. There is absolutely no law what so ever against the right or wrong treatment of VERMIN. See that word? VERMIN? Want me to type it again? When something is classified as vermin or pest, they have basically lost all 'rights' (and lol at applying human treatment to fucking animals) and join that wonderful, wonderful list of little fluffy cuddly animals classified as 'kill on sight'.

And here comes the feigned insensitivity to animals because it's kewl and edgy crowd.
    Operation Red Wing

Domesticated rats are protected under animal cruelty laws and are not considered vermin, hence the charges brought against these two men. It's not being "sheltered" it's stating facts.

Deleted
    I cant take the Peta serious since they've bastardized Pokemon.