Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    First of at all I'm not a hardcore gamer. I play in top25 world guild but in 2nd group. (...)
    Oh come on that's just an absurd statement...
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Deleted
    Well Ra-den is a three phased fight. on P1 you have Vita and Anima phase and then there is P2 at 40%. I think Blizzard intended that you would take Vita first and stay there untill you need to reset your debuffs and go to Anima phase ( which in my opinion seems to be lot harder than Vita) and stay there for x amount of time. Problem was that you could go to Anima and then straight back to Vita by moving boss towards Anima orb and then eating Vita orb after that. So basically you are ignoring 1/3 of the whole fight. I'm not saying even if this couldn't be ignored the fight would be actually harder than Lei shen.

Somewhat I consider this being in same category as few of the first Will of the emperor HC kills. Guilds stacked mages who cc'd little adds for whole fight. Making the fight revolve around killing big adds and soaking balls from them. Makes it a lot easier, doesnt it ?
    Last edited by mmoc8b013c39a0; 2013-07-24 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizyx View Post
    Algalon really wasn't that challenging... the hour limit on attempts made him seem challenging, but the fight itself was not a hard fight. It was much easier than, say, firefighter, and really just on par with the the rest of the medium difficulty hard modes in Ulduar. (I killed Algalon while he was still current content, prior to being able to outgear it.)
    I recently took a trip to Ulduar soloing, Firefighter was alot of fun, chaos.

Ra-den was always faceroll. Nothing hard about it.

Deleted
    Tried doing this boss properly yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by det View Post
    Top 25 guild calls itself "semi-hardcore" - well that is interesting. Killed after boss is out ..what? 10 weeks? With the second group. 15 attempts. After exactly 662 other guilds have done it. Your definition of faceroll?

What is this? I don't even.....
    He calls himself and the second group "semi-hardcore", not the entire guild. Raiding 2-3 days per week is pretty much "semi-hardcore".

BTT: was very disappointed after 150 wipes on lei shen to kill ra-den on fourth pull, anyways a good source for tf gear and runestones(alts, slackers, bad luck bobs approve)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is point of this boss? TF gear source? Reward for killing Lei Shen?
    Okay, whatever, the boss had an exploit in it that became "the way" to kill it, because Blizzard didn't want to hotfix a limited-attempts boss.

So, you're fighting a known gimped boss that the game designer decided to leave gimped, and you're telling us, it's gimped.

Gotcha.

First of at all I'm not a hardcore gamer. I play in top25 world guild but in 2nd group. I think that we are textbook example of semi-hardcore group. Yesterday we cleared 13/13H and my thoughs are that Ra-Den it's a joke. C'mon it should be hardest son of the b**ch in this tier, the biggest challange, pain in the ass for raiders. But it's faceroll, we killed it in 15th attemp (before, we had a few attempts ended on 5-8%). In compare to 140 wipes on Lei Shen it's at least strange. There are a lot more difficult bosses in this tier...
    Algalon or Sinestra were a very challanging bosses. Killing them gave a lot of satisfaction. In compare to them Ra-Den is big dissapoitment. I know that WoW is more and more casual but optional hc only boss should be big challange for groups like ours. Ok, all in my group (excpet me) are 540+ but after all, it still should be a challenge due to the mechanics.

You shan't say anything, for thy lied.
    1. yeh,,Bonus boss being easy..yay..
    2. no not everyone and there mother will see Ra'den, I know full well i won't be seeing it untill I immensly over-gear it..
    3. no Ra'den was never supposedly to be really hard.. it's a bonus boss.

this was taken at 2013-07-24 13:46 GTM +1
    Last edited by Kharli; 2013-07-24 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    1. Encore is NOT a 25man guild or if so why are you hiding 25man kills from wowprogress?
    But he didn't say it was a 25man guild, did he?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    But he didn't say it was a 25man guild, did he?
    Judging by his spelling, he doesn't speak english as his first language.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Scrubbusters had #8 world kill on Lei Shen, so they're basically a top 10 guild. They raid 19.00-23.00 or something like that. I would call that semi-hardcore. Granted, they're among the best players in the game, but I see a hardcore group as people who dedicated whole days to the raids until they've downed the bosses. Just because they're more skilled doesn't mean they are hardcore.
    Oh, GEEZ, THAT'S the definition of hardcore?

95% of the hardcores out there feel like slackers now thanks to you.

- - - Updated - - -

4. no Ra'den was never supposedly to be really hard.. it's a bonus boss.
    Yeah, Raden was supposed to be very hard. He just wasn't due to implementation problems that Blizzard decided to let lie.

Deleted
    First of at all I'm not a hardcore gamer. I play in top25 world guild but in 2nd group. I think that we are textbook example of semi-hardcore group. Yesterday we cleared 13/13H and my thoughs are that Ra-Den it's a joke. C'mon it should be hardest son of the b**ch in this tier, the biggest challange, pain in the ass for raiders. But it's faceroll, we killed it in 15th attemp (before, we had a few attempts ended on 5-8%). In compare to 140 wipes on Lei Shen it's at least strange. There are a lot more difficult bosses in this tier...
    Algalon or Sinestra were a very challanging bosses. Killing them gave a lot of satisfaction. In compare to them Ra-Den is big dissapoitment. I know that WoW is more and more casual but optional hc only boss should be big challange for groups like ours. Ok, all in my group (excpet me) are 540+ but after all, it still should be a challenge due to the mechanics.

*sigh* Ra-Den was never meant to be hard... Do you even read mmo champion bro?

1. Encore is NOT a 25man guild or if so why are you hiding 25man kills from wowprogress?
    this was taken at 2013-07-24 13:46 GTM +1
    You scared me. Because Im in a 25man called Encore in the US and I was like "Like fuck we aren't. Im gonna fight this guy." :P

Scrubbusters had #8 world kill on Lei Shen, so they're basically a top 10 guild. They raid 19.00-23.00 or something like that. I would call that semi-hardcore. Granted, they're among the best players in the game, but I see a hardcore group as people who dedicated whole days to the raids until they've downed the bosses. Just because they're more skilled doesn't mean they are hardcore.
    If you think they only raid those times then you're terribly wrong haha.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Deleted
    I think xanzul nailed it in his post, looking forward to see OP's response.

I think xanzul doesn't know what he is talking about.

Deleted
    The fight is supposed to be easier, and it also ended up being easier than what blizzard probably had intended with all guilds only sitting in Vita-phase the entire fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    The fight is a joke compared to lei shen, but of course it should be super easy when your killing it in probably 545 avg ilvl.

Deleted
    Yet another pointless thread about how easy ra-den is, maybe try to read smth b4 u create another pointless thread next time.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

He said top 25 guild. Not top 25m guild.