Page 1 of 10
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Popular arguments against the Demon Hunter for the next expansion, I strike back!

    I will prove by logic that there are no good arguments against the Demon Hunter as class, for a new expansion.

    Let's start with one very popular.
    "Demon Hunter and Warlock can't coexist because Warlock already have Metamorphosis."

    Tyrael strikes back!
    • Before the pinnacle of evolution, Demon Hunters could not unleash the demon in them and turn themselves (temporarily) into something more, called Metamorphosis.
    • Demon Hunters have been purged off their demonic being, they are now Demon Hunters without the demon in them.
    • Demon Hunter class is about the hunt for demons, not to become a demon. Diablo 3, Demon Hunter does not become a demon.
    These are all examples of why there is reasonable doubt that the class can't exist.

    What I am saying is not unreasonable, it is imagination, anything can happen with magical powers in a world as big as World of Warcraft.
    So feel free to give you're good arguments and if they are good, I'll strike back at you with mighty force of logic to prove you wrong.

    All that I am proving is that, as long as there is reasonable doubt that the class must have Metamorphosis to exist, it's fair to believe that the class can exist in World of Warcraft without a demon form, when game developers create lore for it.
    Last edited by Tyrael the Impatient; 2013-07-24 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Added: when game developers create lore for it. (at the end)

  2. #2
    Demon Hunter use to be a popular speculation...but id say tinker class is more plausible and speculated right now than demon hunters although i dont think there will be any new class next exp.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Demon Hunter use to be a popular speculation...but id say tinker class is more plausible and speculated right now than demon hunters although i dont think there will be any new class next exp.
    Burning Legion with Kil'jaeden, Illidan and Demon Hunter class, nothing will sell more expansions than that.
    Last edited by Tyrael the Impatient; 2013-07-24 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Added: with Kil'jaeden (in there), and Illidan

  4. #4
    Demon hunters in WoW have Always been about being demonic mofos. The whole concept about them was using demonic powers, and that's likely never going to change.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DG01 View Post
    Demon hunters in WoW have Always been about being demonic mofos. The whole concept about them was using demonic powers, and that's likely never going to change.
    We can't base that on you.
    You are not quoting Metzen or anyone else.

    So it's likely that anything is possible concern what may change or not.
    Even Illidan may become purged of his demonic self, right as we speak, now, without us knowing it.

    Lore is not written in stone, it's written in sand with the wind.

  6. #6
    You want an argument huh? My argument is: Burning Legion is not next expansion, so in next expansion, there'll be no Demon Hunter class.
    Ponies are for little girls, deal with it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    You want an argument huh? My argument is: Burning Legion is not next expansion, so in next expansion, there'll be no Demon Hunter class.
    I want a good argument.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    I will prove by logic that there are no good arguments against the Demon Hunter as class, for a new expansion.

    Let's start with one very popular.
    "Demon Hunter and Warlock can't coexist because Warlock already have Metamorphosis."

    Tyrael strikes back!
    • Before the pinnacle of evolution, Demon Hunters could not unleash the demon in them and turn themselves (temporarily) into something more, called Metamorphosis.
    • Demon Hunters have been purged off their demonic being, they are now Demon Hunters without the demon in them.
    • Demon Hunter class is about the hunt for demons, not to become a demon. Diablo 3, Demon Hunter does not become a demon.
    These are all examples of why there is reasonable doubt that the class can't exist.
    If you take away the iconic abilities of the class, is it really the actual class you're claiming it to be? I mean, if you call a class demon hunter, then take away what the demon hunters are known for, and, you know, a big part of the reason people WANT demon hunters, are they still considered demon hunters in anything but name? To show you another example of the logic you are arguing:I will now show that "Nudists" can in fact be the next class. You will say "There can't be Nudists as a class, because you can't have nudity in a T-rated game". I will counter your argument by saying "nudists wear clothes sometimes!", thus, Nudists can in fact, be a class. I mean, okay, by that logic, sure, they could...but it's certainly not going to be what everyone else would consider a nudist. Seriously, your argument there "X can be the next class, as long as you accept it just won't in fact be what that class is generally accepted to be"...the same argument could be made for basically ANY class.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    I want a good argument.
    It is a good argument, have you listened to the Wrathion's 5.4 audio?
    Ponies are for little girls, deal with it.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    We can't base that on you.
    You are not quoting Metzen or anyone else.

    So it's likely that anything is possible concern what may change or not.
    Even Illidan may become purged of his demonic self, right as we speak, now, without us knowing it.

    Lore is not written in stone, it's written in sand with the wind.
    As of now, it has always been the case that they wield the demon's own powers against them, nothing proves the opposite. If you strip them of their demonic powers nothing more than an agile fighter with fancy blades remains, we have rogues to fill that spot. So untill proven otherwise, no, demon hunters still use demon powers.

    Please realise you are talking about taking away their core traits, which means you are turning demon hunters into something that is not a demon hunter.

    Edit: Also, Diablo 3 demon hunters=/= WoW demon hunters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    It is a good argument, have you listened to the Wrathion's 5.4 audio?
    Most of Wrathion's audio indicate that the legion is coming, just because he's pissed off doesn't mean he's becomming a bad guy to focus on during the next expansion.
    Last edited by Ziktus; 2013-07-24 at 10:08 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    It is a good argument, have you listened to the Wrathion's 5.4 audio?
    I have not.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    Please realise you are talking about taking away their core traits, which means you are turning demon hunters into something that is not a demon hunter.
    Exactly. If you take a class called "Tinker", then make them underground dwellers specialized in earth and nature magic, it's not going to be a tinker no matter what name you give it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    I want a good argument.
    Wrathion, who has knowledge enough of the Burning Legion invasion to plan to unite Azeroth under a single banner, knew that had Varian Wrynn chosen to declare himself Warchief there would have been a minimum of a year of fighting left, and time to recoup massive casualties from taking Thunder Bluff. This predicts a MINIMUM 1 year gap in game time. Note in this that the events of Wrath of the Lich King took less than a year in game time by Wowpedia's estimation, and you can check their evidence on their Timeline page. Given this I would very much imagine that the next expansion is not the Burning Legion.

    Good enough?
    Mage T13 is alright, I guess. It's a bit bland and doesn't really say Mage but there is nothing that looks really bad about it...

    Except that it as a clockwork, orange set.

  14. #14
    What a sad attempt of mine.

    It's just a dream.

    Warlock has a Glyph called Glyph of Demon Hunting for Christmas. Bah







    Warlocks are the Demon Hunter-without-the-er.

  15. #15
    Doesn't true demon hunters use arcane magics to track and kill demons? I'm pretty sure they didn't use demonic energy before some were influenced by the legion.

  16. #16
    Demon Hunters are lame. 'Demon Hunter' is an occupation, not a class. Rather than introduce an entire class based off rogue and warlock abilities; why not just make a bunch of cool Demonhunteresque xmog sets and let anyone be a 'demon hunter'. Hell you could even lock them behind a Demon Hunter faction rep. Give some of the pieces 'use:' aesthetics which mimic metamorphosis and other cool demon huntery things.

    This is also my solution for all the cool races I'd like to have in the game, but recognise it'd be a pain to balance. A novelty item like the Vrykul Drinking Horn, which allowed me to look like an Ethereal, would actually be sufficient.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Doesn't true demon hunters use arcane magics to track and kill demons? I'm pretty sure they didn't use demonic energy before some were influenced by the legion.

    http://www.wowpedia.org/Demon_hunter
    Demon hunters are dark, shadowy warriors who are shunned by the greater night elf society. They made a pact, long ago, to fight against the forces of chaos using its own terrible powers against it
    This has always been the case.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    Demon Hunters are lame. 'Demon Hunter' is an occupation, not a class. Rather than introduce an entire class based off rogue and warlock abilities; why not just make a bunch of cool Demonhunteresque xmog sets and let anyone be a 'demon hunter'. Hell you could even lock them behind a Demon Hunter faction rep. Give some of the pieces 'use:' aesthetics which mimic metamorphosis and other cool demon huntery things.
    I could very much see this happening.

  19. #19
    Indeed, "Demon Hunting" is an occupation more than a class. Back in those times there were no Light users as far as I am aware of, and the Night elves dealt with the invasion as they could.

    Nowdays, classes like a Paladin or Priest are possibly even more effective at battling Demons than the hunters of the past, wielding one energy that is extremely effective against such creatures while being able to live in an organized society and having their support, without suffering all the drawbacks from Fel useage.

  20. #20
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    506
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Demon_hunter
    This has always been the case.
    And this quote is based on what, 10 years old Warcraft 3 unit description? May I remind you that Draenei at that time were miserable beings that we now call "Broken"

    Lore can be molded into something new. Broken are former draenei. Demon Hunters have an unusual branch that practices demon magic instead of arcane to fight demons. Simple as that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •