Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can you actually farm MP10 without using RMAH?

Reinstalling D3 but dont want to use RMAH this time around. Is it possible to get a character to be able to farm on MP10 without using the RMAH? Also I have seen those videos of Barbs doing MP10 with only like 1 mil gold and taking FOREVER to kill stuff. That is not farming. Farming is what people like KingKongor and Moldran do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't used the RMAH. Can farm MP10 easily on my barb with HotA Build. It takes some time, but it's far from taking ages.

The question is - why would you want to farm mp10?

Imagine that mp10 is not the last difficulty, but there are others, mp11-mp99.
    What difficulty would you play?

MP is not a target, it's a setting. You choose the one you are most comfortable/efficient to play on.

And yes, you can "play" on mp10 without using rmah. I can gear up a barbarian that can aoe down 5 elite packs and a warden in the same time for just 5-10 million gold.
    But it won't be the most efficient way to play.

I'm not sure if some classes can play on mp10 efficiently even if they got really expensive gear.

And no, you don't need to use rmah to play the game. Unless you want to prove someone something. Which might be a hard task because no one cares anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can however to do it efficiently? No not really and It's really not even suggested to farm MP 10 even with ''RMAH'' gear or w/e god type of gear or however you wanna put it you have.

Drop rate is shit as it is and I promise you farming at 10 isn't going to make it suddenly have it an increase of OMFG raining legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    You can however to do it efficiently? No not really and It's really not even suggested to farm MP 10 even with ''RMAH'' gear or w/e god type of gear or however you wanna put it you have.

Drop rate is shit as it is and I promise you farming at 10 isn't going to make it suddenly have it an increase of OMFG raining legendaries.

so people who claim they get 10+ leggys an hour are full of shit?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    If anything yeah even if it was correct, The chances of the legendaries even being remotely decent is zero to none as well. About a few months ago I did a 12 hour ''Old school'' run which was well me playing as a level 100 Paragon DH destroying everything in sigh mp 8-10 act 3 for the entire half of a day. I will tell all I got was 6-7 brimstones within that day and a bunch of frustration to say why the fuck did I do this. I'm not even lying it was just mind boggling, why I did that run was simple to see if I can get something decent and obvious that didn't happen.

Everyone has own luck personally but myself? Fuck no haha anyway yeah the whole 10+ legendary thing a fucking hour yeah I will say they are full of shit.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-07-24 at 05:44 PM.

In average? I doubt it. To have 10 average/hour they should get random spikes of 20-30 legendaries/hour which is ridiculously high.

5/hour is more realistic. But the only "legendary" about these items is their tooltip color.
    If you take 1m+ items in your drop, just 1 item out of 10 will be legendary. This number will be slightly higher if you'll take 10m+ and 100m+, but you'll get more good yellow items than legendary items for sure anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Didn't used the RMAH. Can farm MP10 easily on my barb with HotA Build. It takes some time, but it's far from taking ages.
    spent around 50m on my CMMW wiz, can farm MP10...pull 4 groups of mobs together, takes about 20-30 seconds to kill em...
    i have trouble with 2 elite packs pulled together depending on affixes, but i've been able to do 3 lol, 1 pack is easy...safepassage rune on tele means i can stand in shit, tele to other side of arcane beams when they cross so both don't hit me at the same time etc.
    and have no HP trouble dying myself,
    general crit mass build with safepassage teleport (teleporting around with tele cd' resetting because you frost nova'd a bunch of stuff in tornado's is awesome, for finding those rare packs..i actually have to slow down moving around the map if i want to pull groups together, generally just go for elites then Keywardens though.
    i still kill some trash

best part about cmmw, the more mobs the more effective you are,
    not to mention killing 4+ groups in the same amount of time as you'd normally kill one group...

i'm still a bit slow imho
    mp8 is much cleaner / quicker

mind you my wiz is only at 120k sheet dps, i don't use glass cannon either...i feel squishier with it, resists are between 700 and 800, and about 1200 loh...
    no lifesteal weapon either i could drop "some" loh, and some resists if i had a good lifesteal wep
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    In average? I doubt it. To have 10 average/hour they should get random spikes of 20-30 legendaries/hour which is ridiculously high.

5/hour is more realistic. But the only "legendary" about these items is their tooltip color.
    If you take 1m+ items in your drop, just 1 item out of 10 will be legendary. This number will be slightly higher if you'll take 10m+ and 100m+, but you'll get more good yellow items than legendary items for sure anyway.
    you find a LOT more legendaries in pub games because of the MF buff...i think more than the MF itself provides
    i can clear normal A3 and A2 spots and find one maybe an hour or two, but if im in a pub game i find 1-3 a game...
    if you get a good group going 4 people high dps...i can see 5 average...maybe..with 100 para also 10..
    still, most of those legendaries will be crap...

but the difference in how many i find pub vs private games...is so huge...blizz really trying to push pub games
    Last edited by Christan; 2013-07-24 at 06:42 PM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

I'm yet to use the RMAH to buy gear, currently using just to sell and even that has been slow in the past weeks. Still, i can farm mp10 without problems but not as fast as i wanted to be, working on that. :P

Use MP x whenever you are in the mood. That's the secret in D3.

Don't ever play because you have to, play because you want to.

You choose the difficulty, D3 answers your call whenever you want.

Then set up a goal OTHER than making money/gold and you'll have ... fun.

Yes you can - you just use the gold AH and buy all the stuff you need.

Anyway, MP10 is not more efficient than any other difficulty. It can be when you are really really good geared, but still it takes you ages while you could have done more runs through MP6 or something on the line.

MP10 is there for the challenge, and when you're decked in godly gear, its purpose fades away. Efficency is a completely different matter.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very comfortable with MP7. Mobs are going down easy and the legendary droprate is pretty decent. In 1 - 3 hours (depends on my motivation) i usually find 2 - 6 of them.

I "farm" on Mp4 and depending on the day i can get 2-10 ledys in 1-2 hours so its all about luck most days i dont get more then 1 if even that.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything can be done.

It will just take longer to get to that point without buying your way to it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Reinstalling D3 but dont want to use RMAH this time around. Is it possible to get a character to be able to farm on MP10 without using the RMAH? Also I have seen those videos of Barbs doing MP10 with only like 1 mil gold and taking FOREVER to kill stuff. That is not farming. Farming is what people like KingKongor and Moldran do.
    Sure, just remember that ex kingkongor has played 1000hours =D

Play the game, sell any decent items that drop, use your profits to buy better gear on the gold AH. Once you have excellent gear, farm on whichever difficulty is most efficient for you.

There you go, no RMAH.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Of course you can.

Simply kill a zombie on inferno mp 1, get a perfect EF roll, sell it for GOLD
    then buy the best gear you can off the GOLD auction house

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a DH for 7mill that is capable of farming A3 MP10... but I generally just do it at 7 since its more efficient.

Deleted
    Takes alot more time than gaining those crazy items instantly, but it is more than possible! Done it personally on several chars

There was never a reason to use RMAH to begin with.

You can farm mp10 anything on very little gold now.