Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plumwd View Post
    The house is clean, dinner it made, laundry is done, etc.
    Off topic, but could I marry you?

I generally think that gamers are bad parents. I am a gamer and I know that I would be a bad parent because I am a gamer. Which is why I do not want to have children. Basically I have overcome my own ego and seen the truth. Many people here just don't want their ego damaged.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I generally think that gamers are bad parents. I am a gamer and I know that I would be a bad parent which is why I do not want to have children. Basically I have overcome my own ego and seen the truth. Many people here just don't want their ego damaged.
    I'm a gamer, yet I put my family first. It is not right to define (most) groups by any stereotype, especially when it comes to parenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    I'm a gamer, yet I put my family first. It is not right to define (most) groups by any stereotype, especially when it comes to parenting.
    Either you are a good parent or you are delusional. Finally, stereotypes exist for a reason because you can use them to judge groups are they are correct more than they are wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnC View Post
    Yeah and hurt the news industry as a whole? I don't think so tim.
    * tin foil hat

The information media has a monopoly over information! Who would had thought?
    Somebody who isnt posting on a Board on the Internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Either you are a good parent or you are delusional. Finally, stereotypes exist for a reason because you can use them to judge groups are they are correct more than they are wrong.
    I'm sure you love to be stereotyped against. I'm sure they're all 100% correct too. /sarcasm off

Seriously though, you know nothing about me, so don't begin to question if I am "delusional" or anything else. Sure, when I was 16-19 I gamed all I wanted whenever I wanted.

Now I simply enjoy gaming as a break from the rest of the world. I have one dedicated night a week where I get my "nerd time" (see: guy time for non-nerds). The rest of the week I am a father/boyfriend first and foremost.

lame. this isn't about warcraft its about abusive parents. why did warcraft even have to be in the title. could have said drug addicted parents abuse children. typical fucking media christ

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    I'm sure you love to be stereotyped against. I'm sure they're all 100% correct too. /sarcasm off

Seriously though, you know nothing about me, so don't begin to question if I am "delusional" or anything else. Sure, when I was 16-19 I gamed all I wanted whenever I wanted.

Now I simply enjoy gaming as a break from the rest of the world. I have one dedicated night a week where I get my "nerd time" (see: guy time for non-nerds). The rest of the week I am a father/boyfriend first and foremost.
    Yes, you're right I don't know anything about you. Which is exactly why I will question whatever I want. I don't care if people stereotype me.

Damn they should be punished :/

That woman looks like I do after trying to do all the LFRs in one sitting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    media likes to play on anything they can! However Gammers =/= bad parrents... bad parrents = bad parrents plain and simple!
    While I agree with you, this definitely isn't a thing all 'gamers' do, but a lot of people do take games that can be addictive such as WoW (and yes there are other games that can be addictive, hell any game can be addictive, but MMO's in particular are more addictive than other genres) to a whole different level and they get so addicted that everything else in life is seen as an obstacle to them playing the game, in extremely rare cases like this it could even be your own children.

Back when me and my brother used to play WoW a few years ago we were told of a couple that had two children locked up in their rooms all day while they played WoW, we never witnessed it ourselves, but its what the neighbors of them who were our friends told us about it. They had pictures of their apartment and it was covered in junk and cat shit. It really is sad things like this happen, and I can't definitively say that the cause of this is video game addiction, but I can say it is the cause of addiction in general; whether the addiction is drugs, games, etc. it doesn't matter, but thats where it seems to stem from.

I think they are both in jail now, thank goodness. No child should ever be treated in such a way.
    Call me House.

Deleted
    You rarely see articles about the gamers who are doing good for society.
    Like what?

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes me so angry that the media gloms onto this kind of stuff. You rarely see articles about the gamers who are doing good for society.
    Yeah, because of the drama, it's more interesting and gets ratings. Happens with other stuff too of course. People who are leading normal lives and keeping it sane - be it games, alcohol, or whatever else - aren't seen as interesting to talk about. Naturally then the bad side is all that people hear about and assume that's all there is.

I know the media will try to play this off as something that is the effect of video games but in all honesty it's probably more along the lines of an addictive personality. If it wasn't this I have an inkling to believe it would be gambling/alcohol/drugs.

In my younger and much less mature years, I used to play such computer games for entertainment, yet now, I find them of very little purpose and interest. There is so much more to this world, after all.
    Last edited by Mathranos; 2013-07-25 at 05:31 AM.
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope. - William Churchill
    Genius does what it must, talent does what it can. Only by knowledge of that which is not thyself, shall thyself be learned. - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
    Hypocrisy is the compliment that vice pays to virtue. - François duc de la Rochefoucauld
    If history were a chain of stories, America's tale might well be its greatest tragedy.

Sick people are sick. If it wasn't wow it would be drugs, or alcohol, or any other diversion. The media wants to sensationalize everything for the sake of ad revenue. This sort of thing is happening constantly, this story just had something popular to blame it on, so it reached the news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Games,gamers,addiction,bad parents,media. They are all media hot views. They only focus on the bad to get good ratings and views.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    That woman looks like I do after trying to do all the LFRs in one sitting.
    IKR? Good thing I don't have kids.

Though my cat sure does get pissed off if I do that instead of play with her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    This makes me so angry that the media gloms onto this kind of stuff. You rarely see articles about the gamers who are doing good for society. It's apparent that these two have much larger problems than WoW and either have mental issues or maybe drug issues. It's very sad that the two little girls had to live through this and I hope they can grow up to live normal lives with a caring family.

I am a mom and my children always have come first when it comes to anything I do. The house is clean, dinner it made, laundry is done, etc. It just flabbergasts me that people could be so without empathy that they would allow their children to suffer

Original article here: http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...tm_campaign=ob

So taking the same course of your logic, drugs aren't to blame for kids becoming addicts, or drug dealer / entourage for pushing it to them, but parents are for not 24/7 keeping an eye on their offsrpings?
    While not all the families are the same, I personally know cases where the parents gave their child a bit of liberty, and they've become addicted to either a game like in this case, or even worse, drugs. Now you tell me if 2 parents working their ass off 10 hours a day can do anything about it besides sending their kid to a special center.
    Ofc it's easy for you to talk from up there, since you are a house wife doing nothing all day. That's your business, cleaning shit so it's easier to keep an eye on your kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    So taking the same course of your logic, drugs aren't to blame for kids becoming addicts, or drug dealer / entourage for pushing it to them, but parents are for not 24/7 keeping an eye on their offsrpings?
    While not all the families are the same, I personally know cases where the parents gave their child a bit of liberty, and they've become addicted to either a game like in this case, or even worse, drugs. Now you tell me if 2 parents working their ass off 10 hours a day can do anything about it besides sending their kid to a special center.
    Ofc it's easy for you to talk from up there, since you are a house wife doing nothing all day. That's your business, cleaning shit so it's easier to keep an eye on your kids.
    I have no idea how you took that from her post...I really, really don't.