WoW Down to 8.3 Million Subscribers
Activision Blizzard's press release states that World of Warcraft is down to 8.3 million subscribers. This is a loss of 1.3 million, down from 9.6 million last quarter. Most of the loss came from the East once again.
- Blizzard expects to have less subscribers at the end of the year than they do today.
- Most of the decline in subscribers came from China.
- There has been less engagement by casual players.
- Blizzard is going to work on improving the experience for returning players.
- Blizzard All Stars and Titan will not be released in 2013 according to the slide below.
- Heart of the Swarm was the #1 PC game of the quarter, selling 1.1 million copies in two days.
- There has been increased competition with F2P games in Asia.
- Players consume content faster and subscribe and unsubscribe as new content is added.