Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Aww. I really liked using it. It looked cool to me. Throw down un-channeled Rain of Fire and spam it. Not only are you being burned but you're healing me! Muwahahaha.
    Oh well not really a deal breaker for me.
    It has been scientifically confirmed that if Eiffel was green; he would in fact die.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I never drain life in raids. Cant say i see the reason for the change.
    That whole tier of talents is geared towards self-survivability. This makes it a buff for your on demand heal at the cost of dps rather than transforming it into an AOE that you "have to" take for some specs or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    Well, also. Will this be time to consider using Harvest Life as a talent for soloing or even for raiding in general? Or will Soul Leech(Destro) and Dark Regen still be better?
    Soul leech will probably be better as you can maintain your normal rotation and it affects your pet as well if you're using one to tank (soul link is being revamped, remember). True, soul leech will ahve a smaller cap, but that won't matter in any situation where you'd find yourself spamming drain life anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    edit - nevermind i read that wrong.. its empowered DS not DL that does that.. that's really interesting...a little buff to the execute and it now returns health.. hmm.
    I wouldn't bet on this. I think it's a typo and meant to refer to drain life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well crap. HATE this change, like seriously. I loved Harvest Life in Affliction while soloing or doing old content. Seed of C is way too slow in set up, and Rain of Fire is much too localised and only does a crappy bit of damage in Affliction. But with Harvest Life I could run around, get several new mobs that I pulled tagged. It was perfect for old content to just do a quick Harvest Life on trash packs and pull/tag/kill them while not going down in health at the same time.

There are TONS of short lived AoE mobs in the game, especially while solo, that are damn near impossible with Affliction with the tools we have, but Harvest Life gave us at least something to use in those circumstances. I mean ugh, when I think of Sap FLies and tiny spiders, and Sprites, and those Training Monks and all the other stuff that I used Harvest Life for and will now have to use Seed of C for I'm ready to punch a wall.

Worst thing is I have no clue why this was overpowered in anyway that it needed to be nerfed from the glorious green draining web of doom to a single target spell that STILL heals for a shit ton.
    If I can make an unsolicited suggestion, why not use your other spec? Demo and destro both have fire and forget aoe (long mobile channel on hellfire, no channel on rain of fire). Rain of fire is particularly nice as it will generate embers consistently on a lot of targets even if it kills them in one hit. Great way to offset burning rush while running through lower level dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Did you complete the run? If so, it was fine. Quit telling others how you expect them to play and let them do what they want.
    I like people to point out (in nicely words) when I am playing my character wrong, or if there is little tips to perfom better. I, myself, used to Harvest Life AoE and I was thrilled when a nice dude told me to use FnB instead.

I don't tell them how to play, I tell them that they can increase their AoE DPS by VERY much by doing something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    When you think of the amount of interrupts in pvp its actually not that great.
    Considering afflictions filler is MG, DL won't be any more of a handicap than that, with KJC not providing a snare, it might be nice to try and eke out some healing if you can get some range on a melee or something.

That said, sucks to see AOE drain going, it was a cool ability when messing around, was much nicer AOE than SOC / hellfire when running old content etc.

With 17K+ haste in raids I'm thinking HL will be a compelling choice for self healing/survival. SoC with MF is now beast for burst aoe. Having MF redesigned pretty much takes out the utility of the non standard aoe's. IE immo aura + harvest life for more aoe burst on say durumu walls or bats. This will be a big buff for solo'ing but will be very iffy in pvp due to it being so absurdly easy to prevent. That said, MF needs to include F&B spells but I digress...

10+ Year Old Account
    This sucks.
    Get old version back, as long as Soul Leech is going to be hardly nerfed (20% of our max HP).

The funny thing is that if we were complaining that harvest life sucks, they would never scrap it like that!

I think all changes in this patch will be (or they think they will be) about PvP viability. If you see it one by one...
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Harvest Life was always a great supplementary AoE. No, you should never use it and nothing else, but who the hell did.
    I expect Hand of Gul'dan to apply Corruption or else DF generation and demo mass-target AoE took a gigantic nerfbat. Atleast when you can't go melee

When there isn't really time to go mass corruption, I just did HoGD, Immolation Aura, Harvest Life. Quick and easy. Void Ray feels like total shit anyway.
    But now I won't really have any constant reliable filler AoE in Meta =/
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-07-25 at 10:21 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

For consistency or balancing I can see them streamlining aoe then being able to tune MF talent around that. Clever locks, or non bad depends on perspective, would use HL stacked on top of a passive immo aura or for ranged aoe when we couldn't get close (and weren't destro or something). MF fixes aff's burst aoe which was the main reason it would use HL in pve. For progression or panic moments busting out a big HL in pve is going to be of huge help to your healers since you get uber haste rating, more HP, and no battle fatigue. In that respect its a more reasonable choice compared to soul leech or dark regen (+glyph'd HS).

I just don't see it being effective in pvp since being able to channel just doesn't happen. If they took the damage buff off it and made it uninterruptable (still can be stunned, silenced, etc) then it might be a viable option for pvp but its just too easy to stop a lock casting. Especially since aff has 100% of its dmg and CC in shadow.

It had its moments.

Heart of fear when you had 40 mobs .

Leveling from 85-90..pulling too much, using KJC to run in circles around the group lifedraining all of them while your RoF would whittle them down.

Nowadays the only time i really use drain life is on the dark animus fight cause i can tank my little guy pretty much forever between healthstones, defensive cooldowns and life drain.

I think this change is probably a good one. dunno if ill use it.

Its going to be good in solo'ing old or big stuff. With the soul leech nerf I notice a huge difference vs warbringers compared to live. Still not sure if soul leech isn't shielding the pet too and that's a hidden nerf of if its working as intended. Swapping to HL as a filler for things like warbringers or as raid spike dmg reaction will help locks make up the survival we are losing. Using it with say gosac + soul link is going to be powerful with high haste. Devs just need to realize that this isn't fixing pvp survival its just giving us a reactive pve only survival tool (which fits their mantra of less passive/more active defenses).

Obvious pvp change. Will be good to use against DoT and caster cleaves (DL talent + DL glyph + SL). DR will still be worlds better against mongoloid burst comps.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

In PvP, having all those green beams from Harvest Life was just another way of putting a big target over yourself with the words INTERRUPT ME right in the center.

Even with the change, I'm not sure it will be all that useful in PvE aside from soloing old instances w/o a healer (since Blizzard has determined we need to be squishy again).

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Well crap. HATE this change, like seriously. I loved Harvest Life in Affliction while soloing or doing old content. Seed of C is way too slow in set up, and Rain of Fire is much too localised and only does a crappy bit of damage in Affliction. But with Harvest Life I could run around, get several new mobs that I pulled tagged. It was perfect for old content to just do a quick Harvest Life on trash packs and pull/tag/kill them while not going down in health at the same time.

There are TONS of short lived AoE mobs in the game, especially while solo, that are damn near impossible with Affliction with the tools we have, but Harvest Life gave us at least something to use in those circumstances. I mean ugh, when I think of Sap FLies and tiny spiders, and Sprites, and those Training Monks and all the other stuff that I used Harvest Life for and will now have to use Seed of C for I'm ready to punch a wall.

Worst thing is I have no clue why this was overpowered in anyway that it needed to be nerfed from the glorious green draining web of doom to a single target spell that STILL heals for a shit ton.
    the only reason i could see it is with the demonic fury(dunno if it still gives a shit ton of fury)
    but it would be a better fix to lower that amount then this change:P

They're trying to bring SL/SL back? With the change to SL and this, it could be a new era.

But then again, with the persistence of FREE interrupts, this can only be good in BG's where you basically escaped someone and spam DL on someone not targeting you.

In the real word of arenas, DR is still the best choice.

This could be a build for SL/SL locks with new Harvest Life, Soul Link and the Glyph Unending Resolve. Let's face it, that glyph is only worth it when you spec Soul link because no one in their right mind would give up additional 20% mitigation for only that much of a cooldown reduction. 2 min UR with channeling could go well because of the other utility it brings (immunity to silence and interrupts).

And thank god for Harvenst of Life being gone. Warlocks doing AoE with that spell was just embarrassing and irritating. You have one of the best AoE burst in the game, USE IT.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 2013-07-26 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    And thank god for Harvenst of Life being gone. Warlocks doing AoE with that spell was just embarrassing and irritating. You have one of the best AoE burst in the game, USE IT.
    Demo had a legitimate reason to use the spell in certain situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Demo had a legitimate reason to use the spell in certain situations.
    When? Every burst aoe situation (Lei Shen and Twins mainly) would either die before CW x2 + CS + Felstorm + serv ended or would be alive for so little afterwards that a voidray or two finished them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    When? Every burst aoe situation (Lei Shen and Twins mainly) would either die before CW x2 + CS + Felstorm + serv ended or would be alive for so little afterwards that a voidray or two finished them off.
    I'm not talking in specifics, or about burst AoE in particular.

If there's ever a fight (and there has been in the past but not really this current tier) where you can't be in melee then Demo is screwed and can't do any real AoE damage beyond pets + HoG + Multidotting.

Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    the spell was useful for certain specs whether you believe it or not, to say it was completely useless is like saying demonic gateway is useless.