Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Not really needed, ele is already the best caster in arena.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Not really needed, ele is already the best caster in arena.
    I want some of what you're smoking.
    do what you feel.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    I want some of what you're smoking.
    I dnt think u do e has to be on Acid or Heroin or sumthing lol

  4. #24
    Still a 20% mana gain on PTR.

  5. #25
    It's been changed back to 15% on the ptr now. check the latest ptr notes :/

    Elemental
    Thunderstorm once again restores 15% mana, down from 60%.

  6. #26
    Yea, the 15% sucks

    I hope they give us another way to regain mana.

  7. #27
    A nerf to the 60% I could understand, but complete revert I don't. They obviously had some intent with the original change, why not just drop it to 30% before scrapping the idea?

  8. #28
    It was only a tooltip error, if you looked at the effect values (wowdb ptr tooltips showed them) they didn't change at all

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    It was only a tooltip error, if you looked at the effect values (wowdb ptr tooltips showed them) they didn't change at all
    I think you are right, since i recall the effect values on the tooltip being at 15% instead of the tooltip text's 60%.

    I hope blizzard fixes Earthquake and elem's mana issues in pvp.

  10. #30
    Dreadlord zenga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    I want some of what you're smoking.
    You have to either ...
    - not play arena at all this season
    - play and have little understanding of how it's supposed to be played

    ... to not see that ele has the king caster seat in arena this season.

  11. #31
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Macomb, MI
    Posts
    4
    i dont play elemental but i will agree they could use a little mana regain buff, but 60% is way to much.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    I want some of what you're smoking.
    Ele is the caster overlord this season, if you can't see that you're obviously not doing relevant PVP.

    They are the equivalent of what ferals are for melee right now.

    Well worse even, since ferals don't randomly one shot people with lucky procs.

  13. #33
    The damage power of Elem is not really tied to their mana capabilities, having Elem's mana issues fixed should be done separately from balancing Elem's burst output.

  14. #34
    can someone honestly explain to me where ele is having mana issues in PVP? I don't see it at all unless i'm using these 3 abilities like a douchebag: healing surge, purge, chain lightning

    seriously, easiest mana management ever.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    I want some of what you're smoking.
    I dont get it how can you suck at ele, not funny if you never know if the next Lavaburst is gna be the one to end the game no matter how well you're doing

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    can someone honestly explain to me where ele is having mana issues in PVP? I don't see it at all unless i'm using these 3 abilities like a douchebag: healing surge, purge, chain lightning
    seriously, easiest mana management ever.
    Only way Elem can regain lots of mana is through spamming Lightning Bolt for a prolonged time, and even that is based on a % chance to proc.
    Spamming Healing Surge leads to mana depletion VERY quickly, and Elem is forced to either not heal - or heal a bit more and then have no mana for meaningful dps.

    Unlike most other DPS casters who can on-demand gain huge amounts of mana very quickly (mage-evocate, moonkin-entering eclipse with astral communion, warlock-life tap, shadow priest-shadow fiend/hymn and some passives) - Elemental only has the defensive spell Thunderstorm to gain a measly amount of mana.

    Either Thundestorm needs to grant a huge % of mana, or Elem needs to have a much better way to regain mana (either through a cooldown or passively).

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Either Thundestorm needs to grant a huge % of mana, or Elem needs to have a much better way to regain mana (either through a cooldown or passively).
    How about neither, because ele is already completely stupid.

    Every caster hybrid goes oom if they keep off healing/dispelling, ele doesn't need to be the sole exception.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Only way Elem can regain lots of mana is through spamming Lightning Bolt for a prolonged time, and even that is based on a % chance to proc.
    Spamming Healing Surge leads to mana depletion VERY quickly, and Elem is forced to either not heal - or heal a bit more and then have no mana for meaningful dps.

    Unlike most other DPS casters who can on-demand gain huge amounts of mana very quickly (mage-evocate, moonkin-entering eclipse with astral communion, warlock-life tap, shadow priest-shadow fiend/hymn and some passives) - Elemental only has the defensive spell Thunderstorm to gain a measly amount of mana.

    Either Thundestorm needs to grant a huge % of mana, or Elem needs to have a much better way to regain mana (either through a cooldown or passively).
    what game are you playing?
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    what game are you playing?
    First you "honestly" ask for an explanation about this issue, then you troll and post nonsense when that explanation is provided to you?

    Why did you even bother posting or reading this thread?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    First you "honestly" ask for an explanation about this issue, then you troll and post nonsense when that explanation is provided to you?

    Why did you even bother posting or reading this thread?
    because your complaint was relevant in cataclysm.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •