Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Thunderstorm PTR

Elemental
    Thunderstorm You call down a bolt of lightning, energizing you and damaging nearby enemies within 10 yards. Restores 15% 60% mana to you and deals [ 1,816 + 57.1% of Spell Power ] Nature damage to all nearby enemies, reducing their movement speed by 40% for 5 sec and knocking them back 20 yards. This spell is usable while stunned. Shaman - Elemental Spec. Instant. 45 sec cooldown.

60%!! Wahoo!

10+ Year Old Account
    they could just remove mana since its pointless nowdays , its just decorative blue bar...

If this goes through it will be so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    they could just remove mana since its pointless nowdays , its just decorative blue bar...
    its a pvp change that was desperately needed. running oom when your casting 20k healing surges gets really old really fast

Very nice pvp change. Allows for a lot more offhealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    100% a pvp change, one that was needed, so I've heard.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    great more hybrid healing, whats the point of going resto?

such a bad change, now ELE will heal even more in arena, whats the point to play healer dps anymore when every dps can heal?

Quote Originally Posted by Dra View Post
    such a bad change, now ELE will heal even more in arena, whats the point to play healer dps anymore when every dps can heal?
    And what? Not being able to heal in such a world without compensation is a very noticeable crutch. I don't like the direction there are taking either but any buff to hybrid healing I can stand behind.
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Greelix View Post
    And what? Not being able to heal in such a world without compensation is a very noticeable crutch. I don't like the direction there are taking either but any buff to hybrid healing I can stand behind.
    i just don't think that double dps should be so strong vs a healer dps, they should run in, pop all CD's CC one and kill the other
    if they failed i don't think they should so easily regroup heal themselves to full and try again (repeat every 30sec)
    yesterday I played vs boomy & ele and they just regrouped every 30sec till they had double procs (2 starsurges and 2 lava bursts instant) and just one shoted my dps partner and I couldn't do shit about it, we were booth full HP and full mana with full def cd's

i just don't think that double dps should be so strong vs a healer dps, they should run in, pop all CD's CC one and kill the other
    if they failed i don't think they should so easily regroup heal themselves to full and try again (repeat every 30sec)
    yesterday I played vs boomy & ele and they just regrouped every 30sec till they had double procs (2 starsurges and 2 lava bursts instant) and just one shoted my dps partner and I couldn't do shit about it, we were booth full HP and full mana with full def cd's
    2's are dumb and your partner didn't use any def cds.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    2's are dumb and your partner didn't use any def cds.
    ofc he didn't, he was full hp to 0 hp in 1.5sec...
    and 2s are dumb exactly because of this reason, dps can survive for so long without a healer

Certainly a big advantage when swapping from Resto to Ele.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    Not entirely, it's a limiter on self-healing. But for the DPS rotation's purposes, yeah. They could find other ways to limit self-heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Alulian View Post
    great more hybrid healing, whats the point of going resto?
    TS has a CD. And I can easily kill an Ele shaman who's spamming heals, but there isn't shit I can do to a Resto.

- - - Updated - - -

Burst is a separate issue, but if anything healers are too strong in 2v2.

If you're on a double DPS team and you're up against a heal/DPS, unless you manage to get a kill on one of them super fast, you lose. Because you can't heal up the damage you take, the other team can. They will just keep chipping away until you die.

This is because arena is balanced around 3v3, which makes 2v2 stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

sorry but be able to heal is a defense toolkit of an elemental shaman. that's why we are hybrids. we still have to cast the heal and risk to get interrupted and locked from nature spells.
    I can also flame why melees got so strong selfheals that can't be interrupted?
    I have to cast my heal which can be interrupted while a melee can do constant damage to me while he "passively" heals.
    pvp isn't in a good spot. played arena last week. got a retri paladin and a rogue and you know what I was permanent in cc while they killed my partner. that wasn't fun either. and yet again if you got trained as ele from melees you can do exactly nothing except instants. there are a lot of burst combos out there which can kill you very fast.

Hybrids holding hands <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    sorry but be able to heal is a defense toolkit of an elemental shaman. that's why we are hybrids. we still have to cast the heal and risk to get interrupted and locked from nature spells.
    I can also flame why melees got so strong selfheals that can't be interrupted?
    I have to cast my heal which can be interrupted while a melee can do constant damage to me while he "passively" heals.
    pvp isn't in a good spot. played arena last week. got a retri paladin and a rogue and you know what I was permanent in cc while they killed my partner. that wasn't fun either. and yet again if you got trained as ele from melees you can do exactly nothing except instants. there are a lot of burst combos out there which can kill you very fast.
    you are right, its very bad that some games are won by pure rng and 0 skill, it shouldent be like this, it sounds like a PVE mechanic that get abused in PVP (its not but you get my point)

I very much like this change :P

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    100% a pvp change, one that was needed, so I've heard.
    what the hell, no it was not needed in the slightest...
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    what the hell, no it was not needed in the slightest...
    im sry but dps are by no means suppose to go OOM even if they have to heal they're partners. in an arena setting healing surge heals for 20-25k, and costs about 40k mana to cast. Im sorry but if you allow and elemental shaman to free cast dmg or heals its a l2p issue nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    im sry but dps are by no means suppose to go OOM even if they have to heal they're partners. in an arena setting healing surge heals for 20-25k, and costs about 40k mana to cast. Im sorry but if you allow and elemental shaman to free cast dmg or heals its a l2p issue nothing more
    questionmark
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex