15+ Year Old Account

Desire a Pandaran Dragon mount, but don't know where to start..

So I know that pretty much (like everything in MoP, for some reason) getting a dragon is a rep grind. I just don't know where to start. I recently came back to the game for the first time in MoP and I'm befuddled as to where to start rep farming and what zone in order to get a slithering dragon flying mount.

I don't care which one, or what color, what is the EASIEST and fastest slithering dragon mount to get, and where do I start? What rep, and what zone do I start in?

I'm really fond of the azure cloud serpent.
    Last edited by Master Guns; 2013-07-24 at 07:19 PM.

Go to the Arboretum in the Jade Forest. You need to gain exalted to learn cloud serpent riding- and that's to ride any cloud serpent so it's pretty much required. Once you hit exalted you get a free serpent based on the one you raised (Jade, Gold, Azure).

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    So I know that pretty much (like everything in MoP, for some reason) getting a dragon is a rep grind. I just don't know where to start. I recently came back to the game for the first time in MoP and I'm befuddled as to where to start rep farming and what zone in order to get a slithering dragon flying mount.

I don't care which one, or what color, what is the EASIEST and fastest slithering dragon mount to get, and where do I start? What rep, and what zone do I start in?
    Go to the Arboretum in the Jade Forest, the quest line for the Cloud Serpent dailies starts there. Otherwise you're farming Elegon in the MSV raid or killing quest mobs for 15 years to get Skyshards - and still have to do the dailies anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if you get a cloud serpent from another source (guild achievement, Alani, Shado-Pan or August Celestials exalted, etc.), you still have to be exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent to ride any of them, so get to those dailies! Luckily, Order of the Cloud Serpent is really quick, even without the double rep token.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    There are also:
    Thundering August Cloud Serpent, from August Celestials
    Crimson Cloud Serpent, from Glory of the Pandaria Hero
    Onyx Cloud Serpent, from the final chain of Shado-pan
    Thundering Jade Cloud Serpent, from guild achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Even if you get a cloud serpent from another source (guild achievement, Alani, Shado-Pan or August Celestials exalted, etc.), you still have to be exalted with the Order of the Cloud Serpent to ride any of them, so get to those dailies! Luckily, Order of the Cloud Serpent is really quick, even without the double rep token.
    Exactly. You HAVE to do Order of the Cloud Serpent first, don't skip it! It'll also give you 3 of the Pandaren dragon mounts when you complete the rep, in addition to allowing you to ride all of the other ones.

(One of the ones awarded by the Order of the Cloud Serpent is the Azure one that you mention being very fond of!)

Edit: Here's a guide to the rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might also suggest getting a mod called "Cloud Serpent"

This mod will place markers on your map of all spawn locations of serpent eggs. (This is a repeatable pick up.)

Doing all the dailies and then farming eggs, you can EASILY hit exalted and gain Cloud Serpent Flying in a single sitting around 4-5 hours.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    I might also suggest getting a mod called "Cloud Serpent"

This mod will place markers on your map of all spawn locations of serpent eggs. (This is a repeatable pick up.)

Doing all the dailies and then farming eggs, you can EASILY hit exalted and gain Cloud Serpent Flying in a single sitting around 4-5 hours.
    This, Tom Tom + Cloud Serpent makes getting rep easy as hell.
    At Revered you can pick up the Rep boost item at the Quartermaster and it's almost like cheating at that point.

Deleted
    do the cloud serpent dailys in jade forest and look out for eggs while your there (they reward rep). Another good tip is to champion the order of the cloud serpents for your daily heroic dungeon, which rewards 600 rep. Make sure when you hit revered to buy the double rep token! Just doing dailys, without the daily dungeon and eggs will take around 2 weeks, the quests are not long or difficult, some of the quest are fun, such as the races.

Make sure you have cooking fishing and archy up to spec they can help with dailiy quests that reward rep

Deleted
    I've switched main recently and had to go repgrind again to be able to use the mounts. At first I was like "just...fuck this shit, it'll take me forever"

Then i went to farm the eggs, i'm on a relatively low pop realm, and got 15 of them. Then I asked on RealID if anyone on a dead realm could invite me so i could farm a couple more. I got like 25 of them and voila, I got exhalted in 1hour. (counting the 5 quests you need to do before)

1. I had double rep thanks to the recomendation.
    2. I'm lucky to have a really doomed realm.
    3. I know all the spawn points etc etc so I was really fast.

Granted you don't know much and have to grind the whole rep, I'd say 4hours would to the trick. Might wanna come check like 3-4 times a day to get the eggs that respawned. Or get yourself invited on a dead realm ! It goes REALLY fast now that there's no competition. (at 5.0 i would get only like 1-2 eggs per hour)

You NEED this rep to even get to ride any of the pandaren dragon mounts. So I'd start here and then see what other mounts I could get. (other rep, easily farmable via the Zandalari scouts and the others I can't remember their names)