Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    It doesn't let me take that test. But all I see on that page is: rainbow flag, black people, Star of David.
    I would assume that this site is about discrimination against gays, racism against black people and jews. Isn't it?
    Lol wow... do you like to twist everything thing so that it seems racist against the most unoppressed group?

Gays - oppressed group
    Jews - Oppressed group
    Blacks - Oppressed group

The site is about racism and those three groups get their fair share of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Sadly, that's how the world sees it though. God forbid you even hint at being proud of being white.
    The problem with "white pride" is that the term has been the motto of blatantly racist and intolerant groups such as the KKK for some time. No one will take issue if you express ETHNIC pride though. Like French, Italian, Irish, British, German etc etc. No one is railing against St. Patrick's day for example, which is basically Irish Pride Day.

The terms "white" and "black" are pretty silly anyway. "Black" people are really Nigerian, Malian, Congolese etc etc. We just settle for "black" because we don't know where we're really from due to the whole slavery thing. I don't see why Americans of European descent settle for "white" when they can actually represent where their ancestors are actually from, but I guess no one wants to be a hyphenated American if they can help it.

I don't quite understand this test. I made maybe 3 mistakes, all on words. "Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for European American compared to African American." I'll admit I'm probably as good as anyone can be at sorting the faces, but I've spend a lot of time dealing with art and various visual mediums, not to mention they only had about 10 faces total and none of them were questionable as far as racial appearance goes.

Id just as soon chalk up my 3 mistakes to random incorrect twitch reactions more then anything racial. If it was like a thumbs up symbol for good and Thumbs down symbol for bad, I probably wouldn't have missed anything.

Mostly I think I just wasted my time.

Also I didn't really appreciate the questions in the beginning. They basically only gave you 2 choices.

1. You try not to be racist, because you don't want to be.
    2. You act like you aren't racist because you don't want to be called out.

I'd have preferred a 3rd option of "You aren't racist without really even trying." Not sure if that makes any sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Lol wow... do you like to twist everything thing so that it seems racist against the most unoppressed group?

Gays - oppressed group
    Jews - Oppressed group
    Blacks - Oppressed group

The site is about racism and those three groups get their fair share of hate.
    Who the fuck cares about who is oppressed? Racism against black people isn't the only type of racism. And I don't take biased sites seriously.

Deleted
    Am I a racist? I can answer that with a simple sentence not a test, because the test is biased. Although they are not a race, I despise gypsies and the gypsy culture with every fiber of my being.

Are you fine with it? - Good
    You hate me for it? - Good
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-07-24 at 11:18 PM.

I'm talking about jews as an ethnic group, not a religious group. Where did I say that whites can't be gay?

Rainbow flag, black people, Star of David..
    Oh shit, you can't be racist against white people?
    One page ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Big shocker. We tend to identify more with our own race than others.

I don't need to take a test to tell you I'm biased against black people. I don't think they're inherently less intelligent or anything. I do find their hip hop culture absolutely repugnant, however.
    Lol? Hip-hop is not an exclusively black thing. Like half of all hip-hop listeners in America are white or something like that. White, hispanic, and Asian people are involved in hip-hop at all levels from actually rapping (Eminem anyone?) to dancing, producing, etc etc. In fact, hip-hop has an international following of millions in many countries with little to no black people.

Certainly, you are free to hate everything hip-hop is and what it stands for, and many black people do as well. But it's not just a black thing lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post

One page ago.
    I didn't want to say heterosexuals because they usually aren't oppressed/discriminated against.

Apparently I'm strongly racist. Not sure how the fuck the test can tell that based on me getting a lot of word and picture sorting wrong. :P

Who the fuck cares about who is oppressed? Racism against black people isn't the only type of racism. And I don't take biased sites seriously.
    I can tell you'd be a shit marketer.

I didn't want to say heterosexuals because they usually aren't oppressed/discriminated against.
    Then why imply an overemphasis on homosexuality that would in some way invalidate the test?

Then why imply an overemphasis on homosexuality that would in some way invalidate the test?
    Lol he actually says he didn't bring up heteo's because they usually aren't oppressed, well of the major oppressed groups gays blacks and jews are quite up there and muslims (in europe)

Quote Originally Posted by dantian View Post
    Apparently I'm strongly racist. Not sure how the fuck the test can tell that based on me getting a lot of word and picture sorting wrong. :P
    This, actually...
    I've never been particularly great at this sort of stuff, even in psych evaluations. I remember the time where I clicked a horse to be 3; when posed with a question under duress (answer as quickly as possible) I just tend to fumble and do something stupid.

Anyway, I'm racist against blacks. The second time I took the test, I was racist against whites. The third time I take the test, I expect to be racist against smurfs.

Deleted
    And you can read my answer. Usually. I just don't take it as something important if heterosexuals are discriminated against. But it does exist.

Apparently I have a strong preference for European American. Whelp it looks like I should go join the klan and be with my racist brethren.

Deleted
    Why is racism always depicted as something bad ?

Of course, giving less credit to someone simply because he's hispanic, white or black, muslim or catholic is idiot but prejudices are both normal and useful. We forge our opinions out of experience and prejudices are the result of such experiences : when 80% of the black people you see just can't speak properly your language, when all spanish you hear absolutely never mind the others and as long as the blond girl you meet keep saying stupid things, the prejudices you develop are in fact a tool saying "OK, this person fit this category which usually means that she is more likely to act this way". It's like an alarm.
    Now this experiences might prevent you from considering that what looks like an exception actually is the most common and this is why we have to question our prejudices every single time we find ourselves warned by them. But considering that one is unlikely to have the same strange behaviour as most people with a similar physical "difference" is just being blind. Regarding the eyes, lips or more precised details and concluding that a person might be more generous or more expressive is absolutely fine for the same reason and we actually do it without even thinking about it nor understanding the process.
    And judging people over details, whatever they can be, is thus very important since you're aware of possible reaction he can have. Moreover, it's much better to have an opinion, even if it is wrong, rather than being lost and being unable to know who we are facing. As far as I'm concerned, never have I heard an asian speaking french to ask for something, even if they were studying it - they'd rather get lost in a city or bear with something that appearently annoy them. It doesn't mean I won't help them but looking at them will make me understand the situation thanks to my prejudices.

What I mean is that we can sometimes find someone more accurate for certain jobs (for instance) if he's black or white according to the experience we've had. If I were lost, I'd prefer asking my way to a white person because I assume his explanations would be clearer. If poor children are shown at the TV, I'd be more sympathetic with white ones because I've seen too many black families having many children despite having no money to raise them. But if I were to choose between a white and black person in a team sport, I'd give more credit to a black one even if I'd thoroughly analyse each one's qualities.
    This is the reason why I don't really like this test on top of feeling it's way too approximative. Some also talked about "mistakes" when they weren't feeling as impartial as they should be which is nonsense, just as if you'd be wrong to consider "bad" feeling closer to some girls simply because they have curly hairs. Even if this topic was not intended to do so, please stop trying to make people feel guilty about having prejudices.

So, why is racism - and not the stupid one - always depicted as something bad ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Lol he actually says he didn't bring up heteo's because they usually aren't oppressed, well of the major oppressed groups gays blacks and jews are quite up there and muslims (in europe)
    I dont think you know what oppresion is.

Not so sure why white europeans would be happy to be racist against their own kind. Seems like a case of lack of self-worth/shame. We shouldnt strive for either extreme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I think this thread has gone as far as it is safely going to go now. I tried to let it go since the topic is okay but now we're just bickering.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |