Thread: Ice Floes 5.4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If it was passive, I'd use it a lot more than now.

This change is much better, but it's still too weak because it's active, IMO.

It should be a toggleable like Fire and Brimstone's new change
    Agree that it would be better as a passive, completely disagree about toggles. Toggles SUCK. Blizz realized that years ago when they took off the toggles on heroic strike, rune strike, and maul (I think it was maul, the bear druid heroic strike thing). Having played rift which was toggle-toggle-toggle-toggle for the mage class... no thanks.

I'm only semi-okay with toggles on FnB and blade flurry, but that's because FnB will auto end it's toggle when used up, and when you use blade flurry, you have more time to do actions since it depletes energy so fast. Toggles for things like casting on the move are horrible, and even pressing a button for casting on the move sucks. I macro Spiritwalker's Grace into my ascendence macro on my shaman simply because shaman are super bursty, and I'd rather make sure I lose 0 dps during ascendence versus timing SpiritGrace on some movement heavy part of a fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    If you press it while casting (standing, then you move), you waste about half a charge. If you're moving, it's as annoying as it was spamming Fire and Brimstone as Destruction when you wanted to AoE (but worse).

I'll definitely say it's better than before, but I'll still stick with BS or PoM.
    If you press it while casting, you wont use a charge... because... your CASTING... so you wont get the buff applied before after the cast(assuming your still spaming it). And why would you use it when standing still any way?.. Yes you will loose a cast if you stop your current cast while standing still cause you have to move from shit, but you would loose that cast in any case.

And it does not matter if it is active or not just freaking macro it. i tested it on some fights when they changed it in 5.1 and i made a macro with frostbolt/fireball/AB. you wont loose any gcd/charge doing this... Use the macro like you use scorch.

but then again you can whine about everything. And btw how do you loose half a charge?.. rofl.
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2013-07-24 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    If you press it while casting, you wont use a charge... because... your CASTING... so you wont get the buff applied before after the cast(assuming your still spaming it).
    I actually haven't tried it in a long time, cause lets face it.. it's shit, but I was under the impression that when you activate it midcast, you can move straight away.. Oh well if not then it's even more shittier..

Still back on topic.. 20 second recharge, no thanks.. if you need to move rather use BS and for DPS PoM.. Given it could help with RoP positioning, so as arcane I could see use for this.

Does this change make Arcane more viable or is DPS still too dependent on Rune. I can't see this spell ever being useful for fire with PoM and scorch, but it seems pretty good for arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Species View Post
    Does this change make Arcane more viable or is DPS still too dependent on Rune. I can't see this spell ever being useful for fire with PoM and scorch, but it seems pretty good for arcane.
    Help yes, is it enough on most fights that RoP was meh, nope.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Ice flows, frostbolt, ice flows, frostbolt, ice flows, frostbolt... (at this point you likely have around 12-15 sec for the first charge to come back off CD)
    Actually, it has the brilliant ability to hit the ice floes button multiple times and have charges stack up. If you KNOW this movement set requires 2 frostbolts, you can hit it twice while your first frostbolt is being cast, and not have to hit it between casts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I actually haven't tried it in a long time, cause lets face it.. it's shit, but I was under the impression that when you activate it midcast, you can move straight away.. Oh well if not then it's even more shittier..

Still back on topic.. 20 second recharge, no thanks.. if you need to move rather use BS and for DPS PoM.. Given it could help with RoP positioning, so as arcane I could see use for this.
    Ye i havent used it it ages as well, but pretty sure you could not activate it mid cast in 5.1 And why would you want to do that any way. 99% of the stuff you move from, you have time to finish your current cast, or you know when its coming so you should be prepared for it any way.
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2013-07-24 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll change the title when I'm less drunk and more at my pc

But yeah, it might push the talent to a usable point for encounters with unpredictable movement. Blazing speed seems like it will be a good choice still for occasional predictable movement.
    My magic will tear you apart.

If Invo-haste becomes viable, this will be the go-to talent. If not, then this talent is completely worthless for arcane. As it stands now, I believe RoP-mastery is substantially better than invo-haste build, so I'd say this change doesn't really make arcane any more viable (as it stands right now).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    Ye i havent used it it ages as well, but pretty sure you could not activate it mid cast in 5.1 And why would you want to do that any way. 99% of the stuff you move from, you have time to finish your current cast, or you know when its coming so you should be prepared for it any way.
    You always could, but it's obviously subject to client-server lag, so you'd often end up with it a bit late. In fact, there's currently a protection that if you're in the last 0.5s and it activates, it won't eat that charge. Good luck actually getting it to activate in time, but it's there.

No, this isn't any better for arcane than it was before, casting out of rune is a double dip dps loss, 15% less damage and the loss of regen is too much. this will be decent for frost...which hardly anyone will play

Talent is buggy. When u activate it, you able to activate and stact it twice and more, but when u begin cast AB or AM all stacks of icy foes are gone by one cast. It's must be fixed asap. Somebody on US report this bug, cause im not able Love u guys. Love this talent. I switched from rogue to mage as main, and I only getting buffs, over and over again. Whole MoP. (offtopic)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icyfresh View Post
    Talent is buggy. When u activate it, you able to activate and stact it twice and more, but when u begin cast AB or AM all stacks of icy foes are gone by one cast. It's must be fixed asap.
    Interesting. I'll look into that and report it. Frost works fine with only consuming 1 stack per spell.

I was testing it yerstaday, may be it is already fixed. I will now test it. And reply. Oh I cant. Cause servers is down

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I cant. Cause servers is down
    Yeah, just noticed. I'll get around to it tomorrow. I doubt there's any change if there hasn't been a patch. They might have it fixed on their end though, seems this push was full of bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Actually, it has the brilliant ability to hit the ice floes button multiple times and have charges stack up. If you KNOW this movement set requires 2 frostbolts, you can hit it twice while your first frostbolt is being cast, and not have to hit it between casts.
    Sweet even better than I thought.

Talent is buggy. When u activate it, you able to activate and stact it twice and more, but when u begin cast AB or AM all stacks of icy foes are gone by one cast. It's must be fixed asap. Somebody on US report this bug, cause im not able Love u guys. Love this talent. I switched from rogue to mage as main, and I only getting buffs, over and over again. Whole MoP. (offtopic)
    Both rogues and mages have received buffs in the recent past, and rogue dps has been stellar since 5.2. Really enjoying my rogue alt, their priority rotation is just so smooth like butter, reminds me of the cataclysm fire mage. If I wasn't a caster loving magician archetype in my gameplay, I'd probably have switched mains for MoP, but I just love maging too much despite the current flaws.

Am I the only one who really dislikes spells like this? I like the fire mage style - trade some damage for movement by using scorch. Most casters have this type of style, with varying penalties - moonkin, spriests, ele shaman (talking about LightningB not SWG), warlocks in 5.4 using that one instant spammable spell.

Would love spiritwalkers grace and ice floes out of the game, just very clunky/awkward to use unless you macro them into your big dps boosting macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Actually, it has the brilliant ability to hit the ice floes button multiple times and have charges stack up.
    Actually that's terrible, it means you can't make an Ice Floes + Frostbolt macro and mash it while moving since it will waste charges. Have to hit the macro exactly once per cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've merged the two threads in which we are discussing this. Sorry if this causes any confusion, but I couldn't decide which thread to lock so this was a better option.
    My magic will tear you apart.