Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    New Kid Zaelsino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    12,378
    There's this guy on my server who must spend every waking hour of his life talking shit on trade. A friend of mine makes it his first priority upon creating a new character to put this guy on ignore; it's that obnoxious, but moreover... it's just weird.

  2. #42
    A longgggg time ago I was on a night elf hunter, afk at the arrows vendor in the starting area, and I came back to my character to see 3 naked female night elves dancing in my body. I can't think of anything else for some reason but I know there's been way more.


    I also knew a guy back in TBC who played a level 64 draenei paladin. He killed someones alt in Hellfire Peninsula who happened to be in the best horde raid guild on our server. It took him 3 weeks to get to level 66 because the guy got on his main warlock and followed him everywhere he went every time he got on and just camped him, for three weeks.
    Last edited by Aven Blackery; 2013-07-25 at 01:28 AM.

  3. #43
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Was on my way to the cathedral in Stormwind to respec my priest, I paid for my respec and started to fill in the points when I suddenly see an emote text in the chat saying something along the lines of *<Name> eye's are watering up as she realizes he had forgotten*. I was intrigued so I started looking for the person who emoted. After searching through the entire cathedral I finally found her sitting alone, crying in a corner in the lower catacombs.

    She quickly noticed I was present and ask me "You haven't seen David, have you?*. Before I reach to reply she emotes another cry and then logs out. As I'm running up out from the catacomb I notice a well-dressed chap walking down the stairs, literally walking and emoting whistles. Lo and fucking behold his name was David.... (His name was something else, just can't remember.)

    I didn't have the heart to tell him she probably just broke up with him so I just went on with my day. These are the kind of people that kill themselves over these sort of things and I don't want to be involved with that. Was funny as shit though.
    You don't think at all that you might have been the victim of someone's attempt to give someone else such as yourself a weird, slightly haunting experience? I wouldn't suggest it, if not for the fact that the player logged out and immediately after, you saw the other character she was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Stop trying to make Siege happen, Siege is never going to happen.

  4. #44
    I play Horde most and had a friend have some crap going down with the Alliance being douche bags. Obviously the only mature response we could do was to grab who we could and massacre Goldshire.

    Here's where it started getting weird. One guy I had never met before. We were hovering up high on mounts waiting for the second half of the raid to get there (no locks) when one guy starts pointing out there is an empty hut nearby that we could all go and role play a family. I thought he was just a guy with a weird sense of humor. We all start joking with things like 'I'm the cat!' and 'I'm the son dabbling into drugs'. Then he starts to play off it. Then he got really push and insisted we go into the house to roleplay. It sunk in rather quickly that he wasn't kidding. He also wanted to be the Mom (confirmed with their guildy that it was a 'he').

    Everyone got weirded out and the Goldshire raid broke down as everyone just dropped group.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, me and some friends are probably the weirdest bunch a few people have met. In what we've dubbed 'The Dickhead Runs' we take 3 or 4 people looking to valor cap. We started running random heroics. We start off with the no chest/no pants rule. Every successful clear we take off another piece of armor. We also have a drinking game going. Every boss is a shot, every death is a shot, killing the non-dickhead is 2 shots.

    After about an hour things start to get weird...

  5. #45
    On my old server, I ran a random Blackrock Depths with a couple people. One claimed to be a hermaphrodite, constantly going on about his/her erect female genitalia. I wasn't so much weirded out as much as annoyed, finally telling them "nobody cares about your nether regions, get over yourself."

    I had someone try to hit on my Nelf Rogue, named for my cat Bunny. After I told them the character was named for my cat, they got all offended and accused me of perversion.

    Some of the subjects people try to troll others with often comes off as odd. I recently ran into a weird troll. Someone criticized women using their sexual assets to garner views on YouTube. The troll then insisted going on about how that person loved to masturbate to reply girls.

    I remember another troll back on my old server that pretended to be Osama Bin Laden. Needless to say he wasn't pleased when Bin Laden got killed.

  6. #46
    The Patient Thornvale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    267
    I remember being in a dungeon group and some undead guy starts talking, his English wasn't very good but decent enough to hold a conversation. Next thing I know, he's asking me to visit him in Sweden and live with him in his flat because I was nice to him. He wouldn't let it drop through the whole dungeon. He was the weirdest guy I've met in WoW, I guess.

    On my Goblin I was flying around near Goldshire for some reason. I landed on the inn roof and found some Tauren shaman there. We began talking for a while, then out of nowhere he suddenly requested a duel and thunderstormed me off the roof and into a pile of Alliance players and guards before flying off on his drake. More funny than weird, in hindsight.

  7. #47
    The Patient Cyonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    My own little dreamworld :)
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Zambooka View Post
    I remember being in a dungeon group and some undead guy starts talking, his English wasn't very good but decent enough to hold a conversation. Next thing I know, he's asking me to visit him in Sweden and live with him in his flat because I was nice to him. He wouldn't let it drop through the whole dungeon. He was the weirdest guy I've met in WoW, I guess.
    Why did you say no to me? I'm very sad now!

    On topic: I've been in this raiding guild on my resto/enhancement shaman. Because we had too many healers, I couldn't come to raids anymore after a while. Not even as enhancement. Although, when they had 9 people online, I was allowed to come. And I would top dps. I should create an alt instead because they didn't want to gear my enhancement gear up because "we already geared up your resto gear". Best logic ever.

  8. #48
    Pandaren Monk docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    1,833
    I met a guy while leveling that told me he moved to india (or something) just to get away from the piracy laws in the US. Can you say, crazy?

    Words to live by.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    I've played the game since vanilla, and I can't think of anything more strange that I've encountered. This must have been a serious event, if they wanted it private. Raises many questions...
    Agreed.

    @ the OP: All I can say is Moon Guard has some... special snowflakes.

  10. #50
    Scarab Lord Jevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where the Monocles live.
    Posts
    4,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    You don't think at all that you might have been the victim of someone's attempt to give someone else such as yourself a weird, slightly haunting experience? I wouldn't suggest it, if not for the fact that the player logged out and immediately after, you saw the other character she was talking about.
    Perhaps. Was nicely done in that case. But I doubt it as it only went about 10-20 seconds between her logging out and me meeting the dude. But it's absolutely a possibility ^^
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  11. #51
    A guy who pretended to be a woman and even had a fake boyfriend who had no idea his fake girlfriend was actually a man. This did not happen in a RP realm and he was not roleplaying. This is not all but I'm afraid I can't say anything else here.
    Last edited by El_Diabl0; 2013-07-25 at 04:25 AM.

  12. #52
    Some guy on my server wanted me to pretend to eat him, and to describe each moment in great detail. He offered me 2k to do it.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Not if I held it in the middle of a well traveled public forest.
    "...one of the most desolate little shrines located in the Eversong Woods" is hardly in the "middle of a well-traveled public forest."

    Some MMOs even have in-game marriage mechanics, it's hardly weird, and it's certainly not weird to ask for some privacy if they wanted it.

  14. #54
    Am I the only one who doesn't think Moon Guard Goldshire is all that strange / disturbing? I mean, yeah, I know what goes on there, but it's just a bunch of sweaty, angsty guys who are bored. Ah well, to each his own.

    Anyway, back before Ogrimmar got updated in Cata, it was possible through wall jumping to get beneath Org (nothing special, was just flat land). I went there once and found two level 1's who were roleplaying (at least I assume they were) a break-up. Weird location, weird concept, just overall not what I was expecting.

  15. #55
    Some female draenei came over to me and asked "Are my boobs to big?". Happened ages ago but I still remember it vaguely.

  16. #56
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    1
    I did have a guy offer to give me a TCG loot card code if I sexed him in whispers. I turned it down. Card wasn't good enough.

  17. #57
    The Patient Relis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oh so sunny Highlands of Scotland!
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Diabl0 View Post
    A guy who pretended to be a woman
    Cut the quote dead short as it reminded me of an old old old guild leader, from years ago (it's funny what you remember at this time of night).

    The person played a Shaman, the guild was well known on the server it cleared content relevantly, this "girl" lead the guild but never ever spoke, "she" was shy apparently.. There were some random pics of "her" on the Guild website, and many of the long term members even made reference to this person being female.
    Long story short, after years of getting away with it, the person got infatuated with one of the new female members and a massive shit-storm of holy hell ensued when "she" made a move on her and it came out he was actually male!
    He was fairly old and had fooled several handfuls of people over the years into believing he was female.
    I think, if I am not mistaken, the pictures turned out to be of his sister or someone in the close related family.

    I wasn't in this guild, I knew a lot of the members though and used to coordinate Alt runs with them, it split the guild and it was forced into 10man raiding due to several of the loyal long-term members leaving in disgust at years of deceit.
    It's just funny to look back on it and think "Wow.. how weird can someone be".
    Last edited by Relis; 2013-07-26 at 12:20 AM.

  18. #58
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,228
    We had a guy in our old guild pretend to be a girl for nearly a year and even lied about being on periods etc... Wonder what goes on in their heads.

    I remember a guy creeping on a girl in our 5 man once asking if he could be her foot stool for her sweaty feet

  19. #59
    Dreadlord teebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Towson, MD
    Posts
    910


    Relevant
    Last edited by teebo; 2013-07-26 at 12:36 AM.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

    Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

  20. #60
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,034
    What happens in Goldshire stays in Goldshire.

    Yeah, the weirdest people I had ever met were in Goldshire on Moonguard.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •