Deleted

Youtube video player glitch?

Hey guys,

Over the last few days I've been noticing a weird thing happening with my Youtube video player. It seems that the video has shifted itself down creating a black bar at the top of the player and going under the time line.

It's not a big issue and when going full screen it doesn't seem to be there. I've tried googling it but all I seem to find is how to edit out black bars when making the video and this is certainly not a video editing problem.

Any help would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    I was having similar sizing issues when I was running Windows 7 and Chrome. Switched to Windows 8/Chrome (fresh install) and haven't noticed the issue anymore. Not really certain what caused the problem to be honest. Maybe a Chrome/browser plugin, maybe a non-release version issue, Flash maybe?

Deleted
    Maybe a Chrome/browser plugin, maybe a non-release version issue, Flash maybe?
    I don't think it's a problem with my Chrome plugins since I'm only using Adblock and Wolfram which I've had for over a year now. It might be an issue with either the Chrome version or Flash yeah. I have re-installed the latest Flash but that didn't seem to do anything. The Chrome version is just the latest release I think ( I really have no clue as to what and when it updates since it does it automatically) never used any beta versions.

Also changing from W7 to W8 is a big investment IMO just to fix this :P

Deleted
    haha yeah, I didn't mean to suggest a change of OS. Try checking same video(s) in a different browser and see if you have same issue.

Deleted
    Checked IE and FF and they didn't have this issue which is annoying since I prefer Chrome.

Deleted
    At least you know it's related to the browser somehow then.

Deleted
    Yep, guess I'll just wait and see if a new release fixes it.

Deleted
    Its happening to me too but I also dont know why..

No problems here, firefox.

Btw, slowest loading picture ever? damn imageshack, step it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Firefox > Greasemonkey > ViewTube.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Hmm weird seems to have fixed it self now. Haven't done anything other than send Google a feedback.

Somethings are being tweaked due to HTML 5 and the upcoming x265 video compression, prolly due to that.
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.