Class check/People check Weak auras

I'm trying to make a raid cd tracker for my raid, I'm the raid leader and healer so it falls to me to call the raid cd's. I've already set up the auras to trigger on their cast and display their cd, but I'd like the icons to show up showing me whats available before they go on cd. Right now I have it set up in a very inefficient and ghetto way. it works but it requires a whisper message to show up. I was wondering if there was a custom trigger i can use/modify to check for a specific class/spec or just check for a person in my raid, so I don't have to use a macro and whisper system.

here's a pic of what it looks like, basically just want the icons there as normal, than they switch to have their cd displayed

http://i.imgur.com/B1a66gL.jpg

I thought there was an addon for this, a bit of googling suggests it's called Hermes:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/hermes

There may be others. Don't know if this is what you're after, haven't used it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'll look into that, but I'd really not like to add another addon, as I already use weakauras to track many other things.

There is most definitely a way for you to do this without it requiring them to whisper you or check for any type of word in a chat channel.

Code:
    daJ)baWAQOAFskZKkWCPsmBb3Kkv3wvTtKAVKDdz)Q0pPI4Vs43OmuQqnyvz4uvhts1crWIvblhvpuf1tvEmsEoutKkLPsvMSuMUOlsfYvfsUm46uSrHuBwi2Ue9zjzEQihwQMMk0OrOXtfPtkuddrDnQGopICAk9DQKEgvuw1LN2xRP1KNwYTvvaxEAjjFqdkbuQHzgofODkgHbEEFoo0jb87JU)HAAyZbOeq5mrIyDQwXIYD3DcTwZW7PLH0ofJWapVVZUDFndVNwg6(icCOMgucOu7m7FON3NdyvAgmuG9HqGU)brqZGGsaLAP9dnndgkWmdNcmiBQdAgmuyq2ue0myOaZmCkqe0W(qiq3)G2Pyeg459nFieUp6(hQPrzWj7xq02aT0(HMsTimuQ5OqzuX3x0muQreSvetrFKSwG1BYtJZcG80(MqALNsLAgmuGGsGlck1AwSFOtAzNY5yT7tJdvwgYJKpOzPyinBtB(qiCFNDtZvBljk6JK1qMVh3wvbCSORR1Sy)qNumfdPfJsGhPtbUetXqyx0OySqJ5kseuQH14oJSd1kfD9JKjRuca

There are a few things you will need to change depending on the type of spell cast - the aura linked was modified a bit from one of my Skull Banner CD trackers so it would work for a Demo Banner.

In order to change it you just need to change the Message Suffix to whatever corresponds to the spell (most are Cast Success but some things are a bit different - like Smoke Bomb would be Aura Applied, etc...so you'll have to play with it some but should get you started).

Edit:

If I get some time I will go through the spells you have on your screenshot and I can add them into a group for you if you'd like if you don't do it before me .
    Last edited by Woz; 2013-07-25 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    There is most definitely a way for you to do this without it requiring them to whisper you or check for any type of word in a chat channel
    There are a few things you will need to change depending on the type of spell cast - the aura linked was modified a bit from one of my Skull Banner CD trackers so it would work for a Demo Banner.
    In order to change it you just need to change the Message Suffix to whatever corresponds to the spell (most are Cast Success but some things are a bit different - like Smoke Bomb would be Aura Applied, etc...so you'll have to play with it some but should get you started).
    If I get some time I will go through the spells you have on your screenshot and I can add them into a group for you if you'd like if you don't do it before me .
    That's the part I already have, the part I couldn't figure out was to show the icon when they are available, before they are used.

Quote Originally Posted by caesia View Post
    That's the part I already have, the part I couldn't figure out was to show the icon when they are available, before they are used.
    Hmm...you'll definitely need to find yourself a WA genie or go steal the LUA from Hermes (or related addons) to see how they are scanning people's specs, etc to find out if an ability is available to use and incorporate it into WA.

well after some digging around i found a trigger/untrigger that works

Code:
    function() -- Trigger
        return UnitInRaid("Bob")
    end

function() -- untrigger
        return not UnitInRaid("Bob")
    end

would like the untrigger to determine if someone is out of the instance/out of range, aka on the bench, but this works for now

- - - Updated - - -

here's with the help of a buddy this is the final trigger and untrigger that we came up with:

Code:
    function() -- Trigger
        if (UnitInRaid("Bob") and UnitIsVisible("Bob") ==1) then
            return true
        else
            return false
        end
    end

function() -- untrigger
        if (UnitIsVisible("Bob")==1) then
            return False
        else
            return true
        end
    end
    Last edited by caesia; 2013-07-25 at 06:31 AM.