10+ Year Old Account
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning

Playing Catch-up

So I haven't played since MSV was current (and the only one out yet). I've played before, and I get the drift of the game. I

My questions are these:

1) Apparently there is some sort of catch-up mechanism that lets you sort of gear up quicker. What/where is this?

2) What, if any, classes are strong at the moment? I dabble in PvP, but this is mostly a PvE oriented question. I have every class, but my druid and paladin are far and away my best. I can play any spec on those, but prefer healing. Are they viable for raiding?

Has anything else majorly changed since then? Do I still need to do 1000958387298345 dailies?

Thanks in advance guys!

Deleted
    As far as pve is concerned fire /arcane mages along with demo/affliction warlock and probly rogue if you're going for top melee are up the top, dabling along with moonkin and such, and if you're talking about catch up it's probly to do with the bonus rolls (collect elder charms, hand in for bonus rolls, get to roll for a chance for extra loot) it could possible meant he catch up to pvp too, blizzard allows you to catch up to a certain amount of conquest (I think like 13k?) or something like that, up to a certain point then back to normal, also you have a legendary quest line to start for your legendary meta gem/cloak

Quote Originally Posted by DestroDoc View Post
    1) Apparently there is some sort of catch-up mechanism that lets you sort of gear up quicker. What/where is this?
    As of Patch 5.2, you can run through a Solo Scenario that will give a you a chance of getting lots of Golden Charms of Fortune.
    Head to Isle of Thunder, look for a Chest around the Island or, Chests can only be looted once per week, on each toon.
    What usually is inside is a Key to Lei Shen's Palace. (This key is also possible to obtain through killing the Rares throughout the Island)
    This is a way to get into the Solo Scenario (speak to the female Pandaren in the cave with the ShadowPan Assault)
    Then inside the Solo Scenario, you must track down and open as many Treasure Chests as you possibly can, some of these will contain the Golden Charms of Furtune that you can use for LFR's normal Raids and the Galleon and Sha World Bosses. Get as many of the charms as you can, and use these for extra chances to roll on loot in LFR and Raids. These Charms apply to MSV, HoF and ToES and also Sha and Galleon world bosses. The awesome thing about this is that you can re-run these LFR Raids as much as you want, and use the coins on the bosses again and again for loot.

Then, as of this current patch, speak to Law walker Cho to start your quest chain to the Troll Escalation Weekly quest.
    You will need to run through two specific Scenarios as Cho suggests, then you will be sent to Barrens zone.
    Follow through that, and start on the Battlefield: Barrens weekly quest, to obtain ilvl489 gear every week.
    (As the reward, you will be given a Radical Mojo that you can combine with the Latent Gear pieces you can either get from the Troll Quartermaster, or buy it cheaply at the AH. This will transform the piece of gear into the 489 gear)
    Also, you can do a quest from Chen (you will find him next to Vol'jin) that will give you 502 Boots when completed.
    Also this Guide should tell you all about it: http://www.wowhead.com/news=212842/p...and-noxy-comic

Also, there is now Heroic Scenarios. You must have at least an ilvl of 480 to enter them, and you must form a group in order to enter. At the end of your Scenario, you will be awarded Heroic Cache of Treasures (only able to get once per day) that has the chance to award you with a random ilvl516 gear that will suit the spec you have selected (able to change what spec your loot will give you within your portrait options)
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2013-07-25 at 02:29 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How to catch up in MoP:

Farm like it's Everquest 1.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    How to catch up in MoP:

Farm like it's Everquest 1.
    Real how to catch up in MoP:

Run LFR. When you have run LFR, then run LFR some more. And when you get tired of running LFRs for an entire month because you still aren't caught up, then unsub and wait for the new expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempeste View Post
    Real how to catch up in MoP:

Run LFR. When you have run LFR, then run LFR some more. And when you get tired of running LFRs for an entire month because you still aren't caught up, then unsub and wait for the new expansion.
    I got my alt monk to 90, took me a week to get ivl480 and then another week to ilvl495. All from LFR and the gear catching-up methods.
    Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    I got my alt monk to 90, took me a week to get ivl480 and then another week to ilvl495. All from LFR and the gear catching-up methods.
    Easy.
    495 is not enough to get into most PUGs at the end of a tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not getting gear in your mail. Play the game and you'll be up to the date in a week at most if you play regulary. Specially when the next Tier epics from 5.0 and 5.1/5.2 can be bought we JP. Play the game, you're not getting geared by nothing doing shit.

My point is that two weeks got my alt's ilvl up to 495, meaning it doesn't take long to gear up.

I agree.

Gear inflation is really bad.
    This tier is 522.
    495 is 2 tier behind.

Deleted
    You can also use Valor-gear and upgrade them to increase your ilvl, its really not that hard to catch up in this expansion at all.