Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Interesting statistic about winning lottery..

Did you know that you are more likely to be killed on your way to buying a lottery ticket than actually winning it?

just thought it was an interesting fact for lotto players out there

15+ Year Old Account
    This is widely known, though I'm sure not everyone knows it. Are you trying to having a conversation or just posting a random fact to stir up stuff about the lottery?

If you want a discussion, you are also more likely to be struck by lightning. twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I buy my ticket online so I'm safe from that statistic, though I'm probably more likely to have an aircraft crash in to my house than win the lottery too. The chances of winning the lottery are so stupidly low.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    I buy my ticket online so I'm safe from that statistic, though I'm probably more likely to have an aircraft crash in to my house than win the lottery too. The chances of winning the lottery are so stupidly low.
    What if you're buying a lottery ticket online during a lightning storm, and in some bizarre twist of fate the lightning finds a pathway to you through your appliances?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dying is guaranteed. Winning the lotto is not.

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    Did you know that you are more likely to be killed on your way to buying a lottery ticket than actually winning it?

Didn't the saying use to be you'd have a better chance at getting struck by lightning?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    What if you're buying a lottery ticket online during a lightning storm, and in some bizarre twist of fate the lightning finds a pathway to you through your appliances?
    With that kind of luck (un-luck?) you should buy more lottery tickets...

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Congrats, you won a different kind of lottery?

Yah but if I buy SEVERAL tickets, then its more likely I WIN than get killed. So the trick is to buy a LOT of them!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Yah but if I buy SEVERAL tickets, then its more likely I WIN than get killed. So the trick is to buy a LOT of them!!!!!!!!!
    HAHA this!!! The more you buy the better the chances.

Deleted
    http://www.iseg.utl.pt/departamentos...08desocius.pdf
    People are found to play lottery games in more
    than half of the world’s countries. In the United Kingdom, for example, more than half of the adult population plays the lottery
    every week.
    Page 3

The higher the level of education, the smaller will be the per-capita lottery sales.
    Page 5

The higher the percentage of Christians,the higher the per-capita lottery sales
    Page 6

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post

Is that a threat? Just try it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I'll just lose anyhow I've pretty much decided to leave it to found money... If I find a dollar then maybe I'll get a ticket with it. So far, not really found any money for a long time, people these days are too careful with their cash. lol But guess it's kept me alive.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

That's generally what I think of when someone tells me I have a better chance at being struck by lightning than winning the big payout.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    If you want a discussion, you are also more likely to be struck by lightning. twice.
    My high school chemistry teacher was struck twice while playing golf. On the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    My high school chemistry teacher was struck twice while playing golf. On the same day.
    To be fair, if you play golf in a lightning storm you kind of deserve to be struck by lightning.

OT:

Pretty well known statistic, but you can't win if you don't play, so it's still worth it. Granted, you won't lose any money if you don't play. Both sides have positives. *shrug*

Deleted
    I Heard farmers are strucked frequently because they have to get the Harvest in Dry

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know that their have been study's showing that most of the lottery winners are family friends or relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Houses crashed into by aircraft during peace time?

Approximately 0.

Lottery winners? At least 1.

Yeah, lottery statistics are abysmal, no one should ever seriously plan on becoming rich through the lottery system.

That being said, I see no issue with people buying a lottery ticket now and then...it gives people a little bit of hope, at least. And lottery tickets hardly break the bank unless you're buying them in multiples, on a regular basis. They should be a once in awhile thing.

Also, you can't win if you don't play