Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    At least we can have a conversation about Sylvanas and what she may be up to based around the events of Cataclysm and her being involved in SoO.

    Whens the last time anybody cared to ask what High Tinker Mekkatorque was up to? Did I even spell his name correctly? Is that even his title? I don't know and I can't be bothered to look it up because he hasn't once mattered.

    3DS Friendcode: 0705 - 3279 - 0173
    Add me for Pokemon / Bravely Default
    Trainer Name: Bazlyn

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sometimes less is more. The part of your post I quoted is telling. If you're wondering where she is and what might be going on with her, I'd say that's decent story-telling. It has nothing to do with work ethic. It would make me happier if people stopped throwing around the word 'lazy' for everything they don't care for. Whatever you think of this expansion, lazy it isn't.
    She had no major reason to be in Pandaria. However, it would have been nice if Blizzard had actually shown the Wordl War and included some storyline development that took place elsewhere.

    EJL

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Irrelevant. Sylvanas doesn't need development in this expansion as the story does not involve her. What stake in Pandaria does she have?
    You say which expansion we're in is irrelevant, then say why it's relevant...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    It's also no fanboy crush on Sylvanas either. It's just how they played it up to this point I felt like we should almost be holding Sylvanas back from Garrosh. It's been obvious that she's detested him. To have her not here up to this point is weird.
    Now now, no reason to hide your feelings for her. Remember, you can detest someone but not be on the constant warpath to kill them.

    Also to keep in mind is that the forsaken are in a bit of a pickle when it comes to death. The only way to replenish their numbers is to use val'kyr to raise them up. This presents a problem with the siege in the sense that she cannot raise horde (even kor'kron) lest she makes an enemy out of her allies. She cannot raise alliance members either or she would ruin the fairy weak truce between the two factions. Really her best bet is to let everyone else have at it, provide resources (non-troops) and let the others have the glory in killing Garrosh.

  5. #45
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,221
    To everyone saying Sylvanas had no reason to be in Pandaria - what reason did Lor'themar have? And do you know how that reason came to be? Blizzard invented something for him to do.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post

    Whens the last time anybody cared to ask what High Tinker Mekkatorque was up to? Did I even spell his name correctly? Is that even his title? I don't know and I can't be bothered to look it up because he hasn't once mattered.
    That thing is a gnome, less talk about them, the better.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    To everyone saying Sylvanas had no reason to be in Pandaria - what reason did Lor'themar have? And do you know how that reason came to be? Blizzard invented something for him to do.
    Pandaria was covered in strange ruins and magic artifacts. Blood Elves are highly skilled at magic and archeology, and Garrosh requested/demanded their services. I think Lor'themar came because he was personally curious about this new continent.

  8. #48
    Immortal Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    7,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Pandaria was covered in strange ruins and magic artifacts. Blood Elves are highly skilled at magic and archeology, and Garrosh requested/demanded their services. I think Lor'themar came because he was personally curious about this new continent.
    That was a rhetorical question. Pandaria was covered in strange ruins and magic artifacts because Blizzard wrote it that way. I'm also sure Pandaria was covered with corpses. And if that wasn't reason enough, Blizzard can make up something to give Sylvanas a reason to do something. The more likely explanation I think is, that there were so many actors on Pandaria already.

  9. #49
    for being a rebellion agianst Garrosh in which every other Horde faction leader atleast had a story when they didnt get ingame time (i mean gallywix here).
    sylvanas has been strangely quite, except for 1 undead rogue that was part of the orginal team that went too pandaria, we havent encountered any forsaken that was part of this expansion (well i admit there was the rare priest in krasang wilds, but no lore on her).

  10. #50
    Pandaren Monk Xiphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,807
    Sylvanas appears in SoO.

    After Silverpine/ Gilneas the Forsaken and Sylvanas already have reason to hate Garrosh; it would've been poor use of resources to spend time giving the Forsaken further motives to rebel when some races like the Blood Elves needed to be fleshed out and given a reason to oppose Garrosh.

    I would've liked to see the Forsaken take an interest in the Mogu technique of living through stone bodies, flesh-shaping and the Thunder Forge though. It could've been an opportunity for them to pursue a less controversial means of self-preservation/ reproduction/ cure for undeath than the Val'kyrs.

    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Whens the last time anybody cared to ask what High Tinker Mekkatorque was up to? Did I even spell his name correctly? Is that even his title? I don't know and I can't be bothered to look it up because he hasn't once mattered.
    Mekkatorque'll appear in SoO, actually inside Orgrimmar with some Gnomish forces by the sound of it.
    I get what you mean though, the last real update he got was the reclaiming of Gnomeregan, which ended up unresolved and having no impact at all outside of western Dun Morogh.

  11. #51
    I bet most players don't even know the name of the Draenei leader (or his signifigance, especially in relation to a few high profile baddies)
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  12. #52
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I bet most players don't even know the name of the Draenei leader (or his signifigance, especially in relation to a few high profile baddies)
    He is the new "Who?" leader.

  13. #53
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,549
    I can't stand her. I hope we won't see her for three expansions at least.

  14. #54
    You can pick any character and call it lazy because they get no additional story.
    Does not make it true.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    I bet most players don't even know the name of the Draenei leader (or his signifigance, especially in relation to a few high profile baddies)
    Which is sad honestly. He is only leader that can be considered purely good. Although he was mentioned during the Operation Shieldwall lore quest chain when Anduin got roflstomped by Garrosh.

  16. #56
    Bahahaha, Sylvanas needs more screentime.

    Baha..hahahahhaahhaahah!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    It feels disjointed, if anything. She has a fairly developed story on her own but her relationship (or lack thereof) with Garrosh even since Silverpine Forest never really played out in to anything. If Garrosh was pissed at her then, I find myself scratching my head as to why it just ends there and we go to kill Garrosh without any aid from the Forsaken or her personally. He pretty much threatened her 'life' when he wasn't twisted by the Sha and would likely now see her abilities, courtesy of the Val'kyr, as a potential weapon used against him or even have for himself for his True Horde.

    What could have turned in to a terrific event which builds up alongside the Troll revolution was simply used as a way to call Sylvanas a bitch.

    Unless they addressed this in a book, then ignore this.
    Listen to lorthemar's 5.4 audio files. She's accompanying the blood elves by sea. Her and him even get into a bit of an arguement over what to do with the bodies. She's there, just haven't been released yet.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Which is sad honestly. He is only leader that can be considered purely good. Although he was mentioned during the Operation Shieldwall lore quest chain when Anduin got roflstomped by Garrosh.
    Velen being a pure good character when they are trying to (and failing, really) to write a grey story means that he's probably going to get left on the bench.

    Sylvanas is an opposite character, at this point, to Velen. And that probably makes her an equally bad tool.

    The problem is that they've built up Varian so much Alliance side, and how he does no wrong, that he's turned into a super-white character, and that they've made Garrosh (and the Orcs, since all of them seem to follow him) as super-evil characters.

    But seriously, has anyone noticed that ever single Orc introduced since WOTLK is going to die in Orgrimmar or already has? Agmar is MIA (presumed dead since Wyrmbane appears on the Pincer during Forsaken questing), Zaela is dying in SoO, Nazgrim is dying in SoO, Eitrigg is apparently dying in SoO (though he wasn't introduced in WOTLK). I wouldn't be surprised if Saurfang bites it at some point or another during the Garrosh fight.

  19. #59
    Immortal Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    7,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    There were some high tensions in Cataclysm between everyone's favorite Banshee Queen and Hellscream. However, his recent shift in what he deems 'honorable' might have grown to include the Valkyrie and plagues.

    I kept waiting and waiting for her to be tossed in the mix and see which way she sides. Honestly I don't think the writers knew what to do with her. With all that at's stake and Sylvanas' personality I doubt she would just sit it out. I thought we would here from her around the time the escalation with the Blood Elves occurred.

    So do you think that her absence is just lazy writing? It's been my major lore qualm this expansion.
    She'll get her time in the spotlight again. She just had two major roles in the last expansions.

  20. #60
    Lor'Themar is clearly with her on the beach in SoO

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZwThu8aVLQ

    Her soundfiles

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHO4O_YP9Kc
    Last edited by Icarris; 2013-07-25 at 07:48 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •