Ya know, there is one small beef I have with Warcraft right now

Color schemes. Why can't we change the color schemes on our Transmog gear?

Seriously. I wouldn't mind the color of my weapons to be different just for the heck of it. It would help me free up some bag space in my Void Storage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll probably come in the future, in the Pet Shop, just like how Guild Wars has their dyes.

But I'm not even sure if the armors have been designed to accustom to dying them different colors, and if that's the case, then wouldn't they have to recode some of it to allow for it, which is effort. (Completely inexperienced in this sort of stuff, just figuring it to be the case)
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I think the problem is, right now, will all of the difficulty modes providing multiple recolors of the same armor sets, there isn't as much need or demand for armor dyes as in other games.

However, I agree that customization is always good. I just think other priorities should come first.

Other games sculpt armor and have color zones that the dies just alter. Wow has individually painted textures on the armor. Each of them would need to be hand painted for a dye to set in. Unless they find some way to just shift pallettes without a huge headache i don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    It'll probably come in the future, in the Pet Shop, just like how Guild Wars has their dyes.

But I'm not even sure if the armors have been designed to accustom to dying them different colors, and if that's the case, then wouldn't they have to recode some of it to allow for it, which is effort. (Completely inexperienced in this sort of stuff, just figuring it to be the case)
    What happens with LFR, Normal, Heroic (Flexi Raid?) recolors?

Think cause they'd have to go back and add multiple colors for every armor piece a very daunting task.

Yeah I don't think WoW's gear is as simple as texture + dye. They make each piece of gear individually. You could alter the colour balance on the whole skin but it might come out looking really messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

WoW's engine is far too old to implement dyes at this point. The texture system would have to be completely rebuilt to support that. There are some things that will simply never happen and dyes in WoW are one of them (unless Blizzard really does implement a cash shop where they could probably get a decent ROI from a dye system).

I thought I remember seeing a blue post about this when Transmog came out where they simply said something like they disliked the idea of 'completely free color dye' system or something because some people would purposefully go as 'clowns' so to speak, or go all pink.

I do remember something along that lines, but also see the silliness of it when if you REALLY want to, you can get a goofy looking transmog set currently... I guess T5 warlocks in pink or baby blue would look odd though...

Edit: I definitely wouldn't be against a 'limited color pallette', like maybe the 6 primary colors as a 'theme' for your set(with different parts either retaining their old color or having separate slots.

15+ Year Old Account
    They want you to go out and farm transmog gear...if you want a recolor you have to go out and get it. As far as being able to change any old gear to any color I highly doubt that will ever be an option. Too much clownsuit potential.