Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    Progressives have a lot less influence in the Democratic Party than the Tea Party has in the GOP. You're essentially trading powerless radicals for more powerful radicals.

The tea party isn't a radical group. Unless you are a nut job that thinks anything is radical if you dont agree with it. Liberals are well known to use any means neccessary to advance their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    Progressives have a lot less influence in the Democratic Party than the Tea Party has in the GOP. You're essentially trading powerless radicals for more powerful radicals.
    Can you give a few reasons why the Tea Party is radical? I always hear lefties refer to them as such, but they have never given a straight answer as to why they are so radical. I'd really like to hate em like all yall do, but I don't have any good reason to at this point. Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    The tea party isn't a radical group. Unless you are a nut job that thinks anything is radical if you dont agree with it. Liberals are well known to use any means neccessary to advance their cause.

He wasn't obviously implying *ANYTHING I DISAGREE WITH* is Radical.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    There aren't any libertarians left sorry. Not to mention that all of the republican party in congress is the religious right. Especially when they vote on abortion bills like the ones being struck down as unconstitutional all over the country.
    Speak for yourself. Libertarian for 17 years now. I do NOT vote for R or D any more. They are corrupt and the same people with different masks on controlled by big business and big banks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Saint 504 View Post
    Can you give a few reasons why the Tea Party is radical? I always hear lefties refer to them as such, but they have never given a straight answer as to why they are so radical. I'd really like to hate em like all yall do, but I don't have any good reason to at this point. Thanks in advance!
    They are considered radical because they want to eliminate large swaths of government agencies; agencies that have a proven track record of success, and they all contribute to the greatness and productivity of our country. If you eliminated government agencies, lowered tax rates, repealed environmental regulations that have been in place for 40 years, let economic sector "self regulate", you would see GDP losses in the hundreds of billions of dollars and watch capital leaves our shores due to the ideological right overruns good governance with daily purity tests and redundant/dangerous social issue laws restricting individual freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    They are considered radical because they want to eliminate large swaths of government agencies; agencies that have a proven track record of success, and they all contribute to the greatness and productivity of our country. If you eliminated government agencies, lowered tax rates, repealed environmental regulations that have been in place for 40 years, let economic sector "self regulate", you would see GDP losses in the hundreds of billions of dollars and watch capital leaves our shores due to the ideological right overruns good governance with daily purity tests and redundant/dangerous social issue laws restricting individual freedom.
    What are these successful Gov't agencies you speak of?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ectothrix View Post
    Speak for yourself. Libertarian for 17 years now. I do NOT vote for R or D any more. They are corrupt and the same people with different masks on controlled by big business and big banks.
    Eh, the libertarian party, or at least a lot of people who identify as libertarian, come off as republican-lite. I don't think that the current libertarian party does quite as good a job at representing libertarian ideals as they could. Not saying anything about you, to be clear. Just that the most libertarians - the ones that rally behind Ron Paul, for example - don't match up with actual libertarian ideals to an acceptable degree.

Why are there pro-Zimmerman rallies being held in other states? And I don't say that to take sides, although I support one side in this pretty strongly. I mean, the trial is over, the verdict is in, why are people still dragging this out? Especially people from the winning side, I just don't see what they're trying to accomplish. They're not going to vindicate him, that isn't possible since it's a he said/she said where one is a corpse and no one else is there. It's possible he's telling the truth and it's possible he's not but I just don't see the purpose of a rally like this, not that I'm supporting someone showing up with that kind of sign.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    it's all for teh democrat votes!!!11
    There aren't any people who receive public assistance that vote republican..fact!
    Exactly, binary thinking, black and white, good and bad, moral absolutism is the cornerstone for the modern conservative movement whose leadership is comprised of tv, book, and radio personalities; all in the entertainment business.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter which party you support, there will be radicals in all of them. It's best to just look into yourself and list your own personal beliefs and vote based on who best fits the bill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Saint 504 View Post
    What are these successful Gov't agencies you speak of?
    Executive Departments
    Department of Agriculture (USDA)
    Department of Commerce (DOC)
    Department of Defense (DOD)
    Department of Education (ED)
    Department of Energy (DOE)
    Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
    Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
    Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
    Department of Justice (DOJ)
    Department of Labor (DOL)
    Department of State (DOS)
    Department of the Interior (DOI)
    Department of the Treasury
    Department of Transportation (DOT)
    Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

Agencies that Support Congress
    Architect of the Capitol
    Capitol Police
    Congressional Budget Office (CBO)
    Congressional Research Service
    Copyright Office
    Government Accountability Office (GAO)
    Government Printing Office (GPO)
    Library of Congress
    Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission
    Medicare Payment Advisory Commission
    Open World Leadership Center
    Stennis Center for Public Service
    U.S. Botanic Garden

http://www2.epa.gov/aboutepa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    . . . . Its the identical policy of dependence, it was never there to help, it was there to grab votes and keep minorities "in their place". Just because youre favorite news station doesnt say it, doesnt mean its not true. So if its never changed, its somehow a conspiracy?!!??!?! Chill out Alex Jones, the alien reptoids are not coming today.

And if you believe that someone as racist as LBJ was doing things to HELP minorities, then I think you might be the one experiencing some delusions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlsHNzp5SoM

As someone of color who's lived in black, white, and mixed communities of all classes I think he's right.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Actually, I was trying to give you more credit and have you link the quotes there are actually substantiated. Instead you have a quote from a "biographer" that was written like a tabloid and a completely unsourced "uppity" quote. Maybe if you could actually show when these were supposedly said you'd have something, instead searching the quote leads to a right-wing blog spam circle jerk. Everyone linking to each other and no one with a source.
    /facepalm. . . There has never been a dispute if the quote was real . . . its in his recorded phone transcripts from inside the white house. . . . . . . .

Deleted
    Both Conservatives and Liberals are usually over the top, and will do anything to make their party look better. They don't care about being honest or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    /facepalm. . . There has never been a dispute if the quote was real . . . its in his recorded phone transcripts from inside the white house. . . . . . . .
    Then link the transcript. When was it made? Because there are also claims it was in person to two governors, or that it was overheard on Air Force One. You may believe everything you read on a blog but I require more than someone's word. The only reason you think there has never been a dispute is because this quote is ONLY repeated ad nauseum on right wing sites and they all WANT it to be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Eh, the libertarian party, or at least a lot of people who identify as libertarian, come off as republican-lite. I don't think that the current libertarian party does quite as good a job at representing libertarian ideals as they could. Not saying anything about you, to be clear. Just that the most libertarians - the ones that rally behind Ron Paul, for example - don't match up with actual libertarian ideals to an acceptable degree.
    Yeah and it's gotten to the point where people accuse you of being a republican in disguise rather than an actual libertarian most of the time without even saying anything.

Embarrassed Republicans pls go
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Source for these claims?

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Source for these claims?
    Are you claiming the tea party doesn't support these things? I thought that was pretty well established. Not sure of Daelak's source but this took two seconds to find. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/28/ma...pagewanted=all

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know so many Tea Partiers play MMOs, that probably helps explain why the online gaming community sucks so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're no longer a Democrat because some environmental activist is racist? That is definitely a "lolwut" comment.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.