Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Auryn88 View Post
    There's a big difference between loading screens at every continent vs every zone; the latter is much more apparent and not particularly well loved.
    And you know how often loading screens between maps are encountered? About once per map...after that you'll be waypointing your way around (with the possible exception of zoning into the map first to save a few coppers). People just like to bitch about it because "OMG IT'S NOT WOW THEREFORE IT'S BAD!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    D3 doesn't have a cash shop, it has a real money auction house that allows to trade items with other players. Blizzard doesn't sell any items on the RMAH, players do. Hence why they use the same value currency in D3 (Blizzard Balance = 1 Euro/USD/GBP etc).

WoW cash shop only has items Blizzard sells, so it's a completely other things.
    Stop calling it a WoW cash shop, because it is called a Blizzard shop, so not unique to WoW.

and this exactly makes it interesting.

The Coins payment in the Blizzard shop is multi game.

That's new and interesting since there is a common new currency to use on the BLIZZARD store.

Starting from that point, it becomes interesting as Blizzard can motivate players from these games to ultimately use this common coin system.

say: take a WoW subscription and get X coins or win 100 matches of HS and gain y coins.

.... that's up to Blizzard to decide and they can still respect the seperate paying systems of both games: WoW sub based and Hearthstone as F2P.

But the tools will be in place to have this new kind of combo play and rewards and Blizzard store currency.

that's plain logic.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Stop calling it a WoW cash shop, because it is called a Blizzard shop, so not unique to WoW.
    It is unique to WoW. The Blizzard store has no in game items for D3 or SC2, only WoW. What they will do, is make those in game items available in the WoW cash shop. You won't be able to buy books or mouse pads in the WoW cash shop.

The Coins payment in the Blizzard shop is multi game.
    Where do you get that info? The Battle Coins have been only data mined for WoW, not Hearthstone, D3 or SC2.

That's new and interesting since there is a common new currency to use on the BLIZZARD store.
    Again, where do you get the info that the currency will be used outside of WoW?

You are only assuming things, you got no actual evidence for any of it.
    Last edited by Noctifer616; 2013-07-25 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    It is unique to WoW. The Blizzard store has no in game items for D3 or SC2, only WoW. What they will do, is make those in game items available in the WoW cash shop. You won't be able to buy books or mouse pads in the WoW cash shop.

Where do you get that info? The Battle Coins have been only data mined for WoW, not Hearthstone, D3 or SC2.

Again, where do you get the info that the currency will be used outside of WoW?

You are only assuming things, you got no actual evidence for any of it.
    Now I know you are trolling.

Look at the CURRENT Blizzard store:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/shop/ Oh God, the website Blizzard store contains every game Blizzard ever made ...

It clearly states the Blizzard store will use COINS.

Why do you think it is called a Blizzard store instead of a WOW store in the first place ?

So you LIKE calling it a WOW store , but it clearly states BLIZZARD store.

Capice ?

Hearthstone is the FIRST free to play game coming from Blizzard, so they already said you can buy packs.

So you think they create a SEPERATE "Blizzard store" just for Hearthstone ???

LOL. Of course not.

The Blizzard store - that will use coins in the future - is there for the F2P game mechanics in such new games like HS and BAS and at the same time it will sell of course the usual fluff items from WOW.

Just like the current website Blizzard store version does. You buy your fluff stuff in the same place as other stuff from Blizzard games.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 09:54 PM.

Now I know you are trolling.

Look at the CURRENT Blizzard store:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/shop/ Oh God, the website Blizzard store contains every game Blizzard ever made ...

It clearly states the Blizzard store will use COINS.

Why do you think it is called a Blizzard store instead of a WOW store in the first place ?
    Are you referring to the actual webpage or the datamined strings?

Hearthstone is the FIRST free to play game comcing from Blizzard, so they already said you can buy packs.

Who says you will be able to purchase packs in the store? What if you just by the gold with real money?

Hearthstone is the FIRST free to play game coming from Blizzard, so they already said you can buy packs.

LOL
    I don't know if they will or not but why wouldn't they. They have separate web sites for everything else. Why wouldn't an in-game store take you to the stuff you're interested in based on the game you're playing at the time. This is not to say they won't connect them up in some way but having Hearthstone stuff on one site, StarCraft on another, Diablo on yet another, etc. isn't exactly unimaginable.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't know if they will or not but why wouldn't they. They have separate web sites for everything else. Why wouldn't an in-game store take you to the stuff you're interested in based on the game you're playing at the time. This is not to say they won't connect them up in some way but having Hearthstone stuff on one site, StarCraft on another, Diablo on yet another, etc. isn't exactly unimaginable.
    So why do they call it a BLIZZARD store then ?

Why not call it a WOW store ?

And WHY would they create a new common currency to use on that Blizzard store ?

and btw : You ALREADY have MASSES of cross game fluff stuff (by CE editions etc), so it is not even now seperated in virtual items in today's standards... I have my WOW virtual items in SC2, I have my D3 virtual items in WOW.

So it is even now crossed with virtual items in all games.

it is quite Obvious the FIRST F2P Blizzard game needs an extensive cash shop and that's what the Blizzard store will be used for.

As I said: "Hearthstone : the game that will change the World (of Warcraft)".

Pretty good first hint in that slogan.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-07-25 at 10:04 PM.

Because it was always the Blizzard store. Why would they change it.

Why does that matter?

Who says it's common? We only know it's going to be used in WoW so far. And as pointed out before, every other game uses in game cash shop currencies (LoL, GW2 etc.).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/shop/

I don't even discuss things with Obvious trolls. I am going to bookmark this and I will let you eat your pants.

Infracted: Please post constructively. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-25 at 10:14 PM.

If I have 2 stores, and call one the Rhandric Store, does that preclude naming the other one the Rhandric Store as well? That's the logic you're using here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/shop/

I don't even discuss things with Obvious trolls.
    I am searching the site, there is no "Battle Coin" on it for me. Make a screenshot then. It's not on my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    We should probably thank all the people that did proper effort to complain about the Item shop, for Blizzard to consider implementing this.

I'd like a source though.
    Yes, clearly this wasn't the plan all along, and Blizzard did this due to all of the hard work, time and effort that people placed into round-the-clock complaining about it.

Annnnnyways...

I was fine with the idea of just a cash shop for cosmetic items, but this seems like it will make it an easier pill to swallow for the cash shop dissenters.

Well this has been a jolly ride. Has anyone extracted any information out of a blue yet, preferably under torture? I'd love to see more information, like a PLEX dealio or a coin<->gold transfer system or something.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Where are people getting that you'll be able to earn coins inside the game from?

What it sounds like to me is they're going to try switching to a "universal" currency that you pay for and store in your account to use in all Blizzard games.

Cash-shop "currency" like this is actually a negative thing for the consumer but it's fairly common practice so it's not a Blizzard specific fail.

Usually how it works is like this:

1000 coins costs $9.99

Item costs 900 coins.

100 coins left over.

The idea is that you wont be able to spend the exact amount you want; if you're even 10 coins short you'd have to fork out for another 1000, and all those "left-overs" from purchases are just your money being tied up until you add enough back into your coin-purse for a new purchase.

Essentially, a "900 coin" item WOULD be $9.00, but by using a coin system that requires a minimum purchase of 1000 for $9.99, they can squeeze an extra .99 out of you. Those 100 left-overs are essentially worthless until you buy more coins again.

Really don't like it and wish companies would just let us buy everything with actual money at the exact amounts.

But maybe I'm wrong and they'll do something different here. As I said it's not really a Blizzard fail, and tons of games/services with currency based cash shops have this same problem.
    Last edited by Valarius; 2013-07-25 at 11:41 PM.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

If there is a way to earn these coins in Wow without having to pay for them, then this is a very good move. Though, I doubt it.

I mean, is there any source that says you can earn these coins in Wow?
    Last edited by TS26; 2013-07-26 at 01:07 AM.

According to EA, SWTOR over doubled it's revenue when it transitioned to f2p.
    Wouldn't be a bad idea for Blizzard imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    According to EA, SWTOR over doubled it's revenue when it transitioned to f2p.
    Wouldn't be a bad idea for Blizzard imho.
    That really depends on how many people aren't playing WoW because it has a subscription fee. I imagine the main reason people went to SWTOR when it dropped the sub fee was because while it's a fun game, they can't really justify dropping $15 a month on it. How many people are in that boat for WoW?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

If this is true, my rage against the blizz store will subside, because I plan on playing HS a lot.

This would be great, all WoW needs now is to cut down the cost of the membership. I would be happy if Blizzard did that.

I'm still waiting for Hearthstone to be released I wish they would release it already. I love the game play for Hearthstone.