Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

If Sunshine is unreachable, who do we contact for appeals?

I recently got an infraction for a post in the rogues forum where I made a comparison involving the USA, which a mod didn't approve of since he thought the only possible reason for such a comparison was to bash the USA. I contacted Sunshine through PM to ask for an appeal since it wasn't my intent to bash the USA at all, but Sunshine hasn't come online in ages, and I think I got a pretty decent chance of a successful appeal.

is there someone else who I can contact to appeal moderator decisions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Any mod actually. They should be able to put up an appeal for you.

Any moderator can and will lodge an appeal against the infraction for you.

Deleted
    Sunshine is responsible for issues with specific moderator behavior.
    Infraction appeals can be sent to any moderator, who will then create the appeal thread for you and inform you when a decision is reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Infraction appeals can be sent to any moderator, who will then create the appeal thread for you and inform you when a decision is reached.
    good to know. I sent you the same PM I sent Sunshine.

Any idea when she will be back? I PM-ed her yesterday, but have no response yet. I have some serious complaints about moderation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunshine is around all the time, she's just often busy so her replies may not be quick.

I know that while she definitely reads every PM and takes them seriously, it is possible that she might not send an individual response if it seems like you just want to voice concerns or ask her to look into an issue but are not actually asking a question or something.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I know that while she definitely reads every PM and takes them seriously, it is possible that she might not send an individual response if it seems like you just want to voice concerns or ask her to look into an issue but are not actually asking a question or something.
    Yesterday i just wanted to inform her, but today i have an actual issue that only she can help me with. Thanks for the information. I am not in a hurry, just hope the issue gets looked into.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother with appeals. They are useless. Same with sending sunshine a msg. Waste of everyones time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Don't bother with appeals. They are useless. Same with sending sunshine a msg. Waste of everyones time.
    What makes you say that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Sunshine is around all the time, she's just often busy so her replies may not be quick.
    Not out during the night. :O
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

What makes you say that?
    Well I made an appeal 3 days ago. My thread had 2 page views, both from me. Today around 1 pm my thread finally got visited by a Mod who copy pasted "we discussed bla bla your ban will not be appealed".

Usually ban appeal threads get 9-20 page views when they are actually discussed. I am 99% certain that no one bothered reading my appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Well I made an appeal 3 days ago. My thread had 2 page views, both from me. Today around 1 pm my thread finally got visited by a Mod who copy pasted "we discussed bla bla your ban will not be appealed".

Usually ban appeal threads get 9-20 page views when they are actually discussed. I am 99% certain that no one bothered reading my appeal.
    The ban appeal text is copied to an internal forum where a discussion thread is created. No one needs to view your thread unless they want to reply.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you say that?
    Experience. No replies from her. Infractions for little things while others can do as they please. Reported posts not getting anything done with them.

I've learned to just let things go here. Nothing will change so why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    No one needs to view your thread unless they want to reply.
    So why did they view these threads 5-6 months ago? Some appeals have 10+ views and only 1 reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    So why did they view these threads 5-6 months ago? Some appeals have 10+ views and only 1 reply.
    I'm honestly not sure. What chaud said is totally correct though; scrapbot reposts appeals in a special forum for mods where we can discuss.

I rarely even go into the actual user appeals forum.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-07-25 at 05:03 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted

The page views you're seeing are only page views on the public thread.

EDIT: The 1 reply posts are usually spam bot appeals (yes, some spam bots post their spam in the appeals board, amusingly).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had an infraction repealed, so it definitely does happen. You won't see the progress being made and only see the result, it will tell you in your infraction list if it was repealed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had my infractions appealed before. Some of the infractions I've gotten are silly but I've gotten at least one repealed. Just going *Nothing can be done, Woe is me* Will not help improve the system if you ask me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

What you guys don't know is that there's a special ritual you have to do to lure Sunshine out, you can't just PM it and expect it to show up.