Poll: Which race should lead their factions?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The king is dead! Long live the king!

Let's assume tomorrow the main Alliance and Horde leaders would die. Instantly. I don't know how and I don't care, maybe they were all at some peace meeting and they ate spoiled food or something.
    So the following: Varian, Jaina, the 3 dwarves of the council (Muradin is still a diamond, so while not dead, he won't be a contestant), Gelbin, Tyrande Whisperwind, Malfurion Stormrage, Genn Greymane, Velen, Aysa Cloudsinger, Thrall, Garrosh, Vol'jin, Sylvannas Windrunner, Baine Bloodhoof, Lor'themar Theron, the goblin leader whose name I forget, the pandaren leader whose name I also forget are all dead.

Who would you want to be the leader of each race from the remaining characters of importance of each race? And which of them should lead their respective factions?

Some ideas for each race of respectable people left:
    Humans: Anduin, Danath Trollbane.
    Dwarves: Kudran Wildhammer, Brann Bronzebeard
    Gnomes: Toshley, Fizzcrank Fullthrottle
    Night elves: Shandris Feathermoon, Jarod Shadowsong
    Worgen: Tess Greymane, Darius Crowley
    Draenei: Farseer Nobundo, High Priestess Ishanah

Orcs: Nazgrel, Gorgonna (Saurfang and Eltrigg are too old relating to orc culture of leadership, they can remain advisors)
    Trolls: Rok'han, Master Gadrin
    Tauren: Hamuul Runetotem, Sunwalker Dezco
    Undead: Master Apothecary Faranell, Galen Trollbane
    Blood elves: Halduron Brightwing, Rommath
    Goblins: Boss Mida, Gazlowe

For pandaren there are not enough faction alligned important characters left to think of 4, 2 for each faction...

Deleted
    Nathanos should lead the Forsaken should Sylvanas kick the bucket. He's a dark ranger too and her champion (off with ye, Trollbane).

Not voting for alliance because there should be no one ruling race. That's what annoys me about the alliance now. Each race should be a separate nation with their own agendas and goals, but they work together. That's the definition of an ALLIANCE. This bullshit with Tyrande bending over for a human king and calling him High King, is stupidity incarnate. Alliance story would be much more interesting if they treated each race as a separate nation and actually took time to develop each nations story, instead of trying to make them all one big happy family.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Nathanos should lead the Forsaken should Sylvanas kick the bucket. He's a dark ranger too and her champion (off with ye, Trollbane).
    I agree, Nathanos will be a great leader of the Forsaken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakmax View Post
    Not voting for alliance because there should be no one ruling race. That's what annoys me about the alliance now. Each race should be a separate nation with their own agendas and goals, but they work together. That's the definition of an ALLIANCE. This bullshit with Tyrande bending over for a human king and calling him High King, is stupidity incarnate. Alliance story would be much more interesting if they treated each race as a separate nation and actually took time to develop each nations story, instead of trying to make them all one big happy family.

Maybe you should read this. Might help you understand why they are an Alliance not divided.

Deleted
    Muradin is not in diamond form, Magni is.
    Anyway, in the Alliance it's not about a race leading the other, it's about a Leader leading all Alliance people. Problems are :
    - gnomes don't have a definite successor to their "king". They would have to elect a new one (yes kings are elected in gnomeland), and knowing gnomes, it would take forever.
    - dwarves without their actual leadership would devolve into infighting again.
    - night elves have mostly cared only about their own affairs, and less about the other members.
    - draenei, I don't know, they weren't really developped, so years after their arrival they are still outsiders. Nobundo may be a good candidate for replacement of the prophet, but the fact that he's severed from the light might cause trouble.
    - worgens, the crown would be taken by the descendant of the Greymane family, but I don't see one of them at the head of the Alliance, too much instables.
    - pandarens, haha, they are in the Alliance ? Apart from the introducing quests of the Pandaren, they never did anything, so I don't see them as valuable members of the Alliance for now.
    - humans would be ruled by Anduin, definitively. He was our "king" when Varian was missing, and he's amongst the better Alliance characters, born-leader.

So yes I would place Anduin at the head of the Alliance. But the Alliance would not be really something, since almost all their people would plunge in infighting and succession wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs for horde. Its not really debatable, the orcs are horde. They embody the horde overall, from when the story began to all they've been though. From the first horde to now, other races have come and gone, but the orcs remain, and in any other version of the horde, its always orcs who lead it.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Turalyon is strangely missing.

Nightelves under the command of Shandris feathermoon
    why do i want this so bad?...

Horde under Sassy Hardwrench
    YESYESYES
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Orcs for horde. Its not really debatable, the orcs are horde. They embody the horde overall, from when the story began to all they've been though. From the first horde to now, other races have come and gone, but the orcs remain, and in any other version of the horde, its always orcs who lead it.
    One could almost say XX race shouldn't lead the USA because they wasn't there when it started. (Would be cool to see a Native american as the next pressi)

On topic, I agree that horde should rule horde but the way things are going, Sadly it won't happen.

Deleted
    All hail the child-emperor Thaurissan II!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance - Other
    I do not want a "leader" for the Alliance. The High King idea was an ok one but I'm not sure if I'd want to see it after Varian's death, Blizzard seem to tell us that he's purely there for military reasons yet seems to very much be the de facto leader of the Alliance. It's an alliance of independent states, there shouldn't be a single leader.

Humans - Anduin (I believe it or not like him) as putting somebody in a real position of authority where he has to deal with war directly would be interesting.
    Night Elves - Shandris as she might be able to do what Tyrande has failed as a character to do and that's make the Sentinels the focus of the Night Elves and for them to be a respectable force for a change.
    Dwarves - Brann as he could put some focus back on the Dwarves love for Archaeology which is what sets them apart from the other races. A strained relationship with his great nephew would be interesting as teaching him the history of both their people would lead to some intersting questions of loyalty from him when he learsn about the Dark Irons and Bronzebeard wars.
    Gnomes - Tinkmaster Overspark nothing really of note except he's a high profile Gnome.
    Worgen - Darius Crowley hopefully he would push for more actions from the Worgen in Gilneas. Would be interesting if this left Ivar in control of most of the Worgen military.
    Draenei - Vindicator Maraad somebody who would push for greater actions to ensure the future of the Draenei and the defeat of the Legion rather than simply meditating on the problems.

Horde - Orcs.
    They are the linchpin of the Horde and without them the Horde would be weak and unable to defend itself against much of the threats that are always on it's doorstep.

I'll think of what to say for the Horde leaders later cause I'm off to see Pacific Rim .

Deleted
    For the Humans: Anduin of course, its his throne after all

Dwarves: A bronzebeard has to hold the lineage of the royal family until this bastard son Fenran Thaurissan can take his "rightful" place... sorry I have to vomit and spit now after I said that. The Vote nontheless goes to Brann Bronzebeard.

Gnomes: This is possibly the easiert of them all, because they take the most genius for their leader and start a democratic vote. Its probably going to be Toshley, her inventions, while not as good and brilliant as gelbins, she's still a master engineer.

Night Elves: I don't really bother for the likes of elves but well, its going to be Shandris Feathermoon, simply because she's a strong female.

Worgen: Its kinda the same with Anduin and his rightful throne, Tess Greymane gets it, probably with Crowley as an advisor.

Draenei: Farseer Nobundo no doubt, he's extremely wise and thoughtful and is actually present in the Exodar instead of Ishanah.

Thats it for the Alliance, now lets get to business.

Orcs: Thats a tougher one, but I have to hand it to Gorgonna for appearing in Nortrend and in short stories, because Nazgrel hasn't seen light since BC, which is a shame, sorry bud, Gorgonna wins.

Trolls: No Competition, Master Gadrin is the most powerful witchdoctor of the tribe and a smart troll, the tribe will listen to him.

Tauren: Dezco is in Pandaria, busy and all that stuff, Hamuul is way more levelheaded then he is, besides that Hamuul already led the druids of the Tauren, I dont see why he wouldn't be made chieftain.

Undead: Master Apothecary Faranell is always present in Undercity and leads the apothecary faction and probably is the banshee queens mastermind, he's suited for the job.

Blood Elves: Well well, the elves again... Halduron Brightwing for not comitting scumbaggery behind lor'themars back like some Aethas, Rommas reminds me too much of him, never trust an elvish mage, never. Halduron is besides that a cunning strategist and marksman.

Goblins: Boss Mida, the only Horde goblin that could lead the remaining Kezan Goblins, she may even be trade princess after Gallywix is dead.

Thats my speculations atleast

Edit: lol I forgot my final answer on who should lead, for alliance its Anduin, atleast he is capable of doing so.

For the Horde its probably Gorgonna.
    Last edited by mmoc574ef4f005; 2013-07-25 at 11:08 AM.

Honestly, while it is a nice question, I think the Tauren should get a pass on it. Cairnes death was already far too recent, trying to pick yet another faction leader so soon seems a bit harsh. I dont think either Hamuul or Dezco would make good faction leaders, because they are already more of a "class" representative. If you notice, by and large, the "faction" leaders stand alone, without having conflicting interests on their attentions. Hamuul would always be a Druid first, Faction leader second. Same with Dezco and his relationship with the sunwalkers.

This is kind of the same reason Thrall stepped down as warchief: he was forced to make the choice between being warchief, or fulfilling his responsabilities as god-shaman (that was somewhat sarcastic btw).

If you were going to replace a Faction leader, you would have to look for someone who did not already have "party affiliations" that would possibly divide their ability to commit to faction leadership.

Nathanos, because he is going to always remind you that you are useless imbecile.

I love that swell guy.

Alliance: No one race should lead them.

Horde: Don't care.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    But! Sylvanas still has like 4 Val'kyrs :3
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    if Varian would die Anduin should take over, I think he can be the best king we ever had so far, He has potential to defeat the horde =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see dwarves lead the alliance, they bring so much more to the table than the humans.

I like to think of them as the orcs of the alliance in terms of strength and battle strategy.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Voted other. The horde should agree on one leader and so do the alliance rather than confusion etc...