Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Will America experience a Revolution soon. I believe it will

Watch. Its coming. Too many people on both the left and right and in the middle are really pissed off at this point. Washington is a den of corruption. Its time to restore the power to the people, to restore the Constitution. To tear out the corrupt and corporate lobbyists controlling Wall Street and our government.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government"- Thomas Jefferson

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends , life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government…” --Thomas Jefferson US Declaration of Independence

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt it with the lack of protests compare to a couple years ago.

i'm waiting for it to happen in the UK too, too much of the government is corrupt and only interested in filling their bank accounts.

it wont be long before the straw that breaks the camels back lands on the camel, it all depends on what happens at the next election.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i'm waiting for it to happen in the UK too, too much of the government is corrupt and only interested in filling their bank accounts.

it wont be long before the straw that breaks the camels back lands on the camel, it all depends on what happens at the next election.
    I admit I do not know a ton about England as I should, but Ive gotten the sense that its coming there as well. I do know that they are REALLY abusing your rights there. No way In hell we should take this crap any longer.

- - - Updated - - -

The French will be the funniest one. Because they French people mean business when they revolt. They will cut the fuckers heads off

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post

Government or parliament? If you actually mean government, vote them out. Good luck with that though considering the recent union scandal involving the Labour Party.

I take you're a republican with several weapons, dreaming to use it.
    Several things though:
    People are too lazy to revolt.
    If they do, any sane person know the would be blown out the water no matter their pathetic assault weapons, compared to real military, so they won't.
    It was democrats that was unsatisfied a few years back, and no revolution happened then.

Nothing will happen. If you wanted to revolt you would at least have a higher votepercent, since that's the first, simple step to express your oppinion.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Brazil and Turkey are in Revolutions now. The US media refuses to air anything about it.

Deleted
    No and the fact someone in this thread said 'I'm waiting' shows the point.

I'm all for direct action but the status quo will be kept for long after I'm dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    I take you're a republican with several weapons, dreaming to use it.
    Several things though:
    People are too lazy to revolt.
    If they do, any sane person know the would be blown out the water no matter their pathetic assault weapons, compared to real military, so they won't.
    It was democrats that was unsatisfied a few years back, and no revolution happened then.

Nothing will happen. If you wanted to revolt you would at least have a higher votepercent, since that's the first, simple step to express your oppinion.
    BZZZT wrong!
    I am a Liberal !
    I m not the only left wing person ready to unite with the right wing to restore the Constitution

Btw you are very very wrong about the militarys ability to quash a Revolt in the US with arms. They really do not want to take it down that road. The govt would be fleeing for their lives quickly.

The older the custom (corporatism dating back to the end of the Civil War in the USA), the harder it is to change that custom, in practice. The problem you present may not even be solved by a modern revolution, considering that the record of such debacles are... well debacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    BZZZT wrong!
    I am a Liberal !
    I m not the only left wing person ready to unite with the right wing to restore the Constitution
    You have used the phrase 'restore the Constitution' several times, what specifically do you want 'restored'?

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    You have used the phrase 'restore the Constitution' several times, what specifically do you want 'restored'?
    The Bill of Rights. The things written by James Madison based off of the works of George Mason. You should check them out sometime. They are pretty neat. Considering they are the only reason this country lasted as long as it has

- - - Updated - - -

"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."- James Madison

'A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence against foreign danger have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people."- James Madison

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."- Patrick Henry

BZZZT wrong!
    I am a Liberal !

Btw you are very very wrong about the militarys ability to quash a Revolt in the US with arms. They really do not want to take it down that road. The govt would be fleeing for their lives quickly.
    You're being outmost unrealistic about what they would do if you had cause to make a revolution. If they just fleed there's no need to revolt :P
    I agree that they don't want to squash you, but i highly disagree with your way to word it, as you word it like they don't have the ability to do so.
    Bringing us back to there's no damn reason in the world to revolt in USA.

Your idea of making a revolution against a government that overall abides to democracy isn't proving in your favour

Edit:
    Scrath hed the liberalist part, since they're called the same for another point of view in my country, basically being replublicans :P
    Last edited by Terridon; 2013-07-25 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Durh. Liberetarian vs liberalist. My bad :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

15+ Year Old Account
    I really hope so. At least it make you care about your own country instead of messing up with others.

Edit: and I really think there is LOTS of things you really should care about right now there... (with or without revolution)
    Last edited by imabanana; 2013-07-25 at 10:07 AM.

If the US goes into open revolt, revolution will see the world over. I'm shocked that none of the EU nations haven't revolted yet. I just hope that if and when this happens, the military laughs at the government and joins the people. Our government needs a good old hang and re-election.

Deleted
    Well there probably will be some sort of mayor violence in the US within the upcoming years. Its not obvious, but the government seems to be arming itself quietly for something, with all the recent mayor purchases of ammunition and undermining all the civil rights recently.

This is pure speculation on my part and it is based on no solid evidence, but my guess is that they are planning on passing some kind of a law that would generate massive upheaval. And they are giving themselves the tools to counter that upheaval.

I am not even from the US, but I am generally interested in all politics and keep an eye out for whats going on in the world. Thankfully none of this effects me... yet.

Deleted
    Yes, the DoD will develop nano-machines designed to sap the electricity from target facilities during operations, but they will stumble onto the fact that these machines have the ability to do so much worse. One thing leads to another and the entire world goes dark. The US government crumbles, militia's spring up and all hell breaks loose. Wait...

The Bill of Rights. The things written by James Madison based off of the works of George Mason. You should check them out sometime. They are pretty neat. Considering they are the only reason this country lasted as long as it has.
    Firstly, there is no need to be snarky. All I wanted to do was to define exactly what you wanted in an attempt to stay away from redundant political phrasing like 'restore the constitution' and 'make America great' and the usual cliché tripe.

Secondly. Would you then revoke all previous Supreme Court interpretations of these documents to get them back to default settings?

Thirdly. Why do you feel the need to insert random quotes in all your posts?

To be frank, I think people here are too lazy to revolt. Especially since our current government promotes passive laziness. I would be fine with it happening though, honestly. There needs to be a way to let conservatives have their way, and liberals have their way. More state power and less federal might be the only realistic way to do that, letting states be as different as they want to be to satisfy its general demographic. Obviously some things should remain federal, such as military. I doubt this happens, though, and even if it did, nobody knows how it would turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    You're being outmost unrealistic about what they would do if you had cause to make a revolution. If they just fleed there's no need to revolt :P
    I agree that they don't want to squash you, but i highly disagree with your way to word it, as you word it like they don't have the ability to do so.
    Bringing us back to there's no damn reason in the world to revolt in USA.

Being liberal is still not very sane, since there's no recorded country in the world were it has worked, with that point of view, and your idea of making a revolution against a government that overall abides to democracy isn't proving in your favour

1. Our government is completely corrupt. Both parties have been taken over by Wall Street and Corporations

2. There are only 1.5 million active duty military people

3. American citizens are the best armed 'people' on the planet. Compared to the goat farmers with no shoes who have beaten back the Soviets and have had us fighting for a decade now.

4. Americans are the MOST armed people as well. There are 150,000,000 homes with guns. You really would not want to see how ugly it would get for the govt if it came to open war. There is no way ANY military or LE could safely go anywhere without losing half their men to snipers instantly.

5. Most Military are actually anti-govt pro Constitution

6. America is not a democracy. We are a Republic.

7. So as long as we are fat we should not revolt and instead let them enslave us? Fuck that.

Liberal isnt sane? What are you then? Fascist of what kind?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    If the US goes into open revolt, revolution will see the world over. I'm shocked that none of the EU nations haven't revolted yet. I just hope that if and when this happens, the military laughs at the government and joins the people. Our government needs a good old hang and re-election.
    Greece is about to