Thread: Holy Ratio!

Deleted

Holy Ratio!

I have just bought an LG Ultrawide Monitor.
    2560 x 1080, Ratio 21:9.

Well.....World of Warcraft looks excellent, but slighty pissed in that the Login screen, Character Selection and in games map have massive black borders either side.

I understand from a MVP on EU forums, its just too bad, but anyone got one and see the same, if so, is their any fancy workaround?

I am probably being picky but it just takes the gloss off a awesome monitor if I am stuck with the borders of dooooom!

CM

Deleted
    can´t avoid that with such a non standard ratio.
    why did you actually get a 2560x1080 and not 2560x1440p?

Deleted
    I was lured in with the shiney ultrawide-ness. Video`s posted on the net of other games looked excellent but i failed at checking WoW supported that resolution. DOH!

I guess if enough people buy the ultrawide, blizz might support it in the future?

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW supports the resolution... But three screens you see for 2 seconds occasionally is hardly something to fuss over.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    On another note, I anticipate that monitor manufacturers will start making curved high resolution 21:9 screens after noticing the popularity of multi-screen setups. Just some software which would create three virtual monitors in desktop use for window management... *drools*

Looz, surround and eyefinity setups already virtualize monitors. They take three monitors and create a single virtual monitor that Windows sees. There would be no need to virtualize a single monitor if your hardware actually is a single monitor at that resolution.

Deleted
    Ultrawide is a niche, it's not going to get mainsteam and blizz won't support it.
    It's awesome for movies but not so much games, for gaming more vertical headroom is really nice like a 16:10

Quote Originally Posted by Anarky View Post
    Ultrawide is a niche, it's not going to get mainsteam and blizz won't support it.
    It's awesome for movies but not so much games, for gaming more vertical headroom is really nice like a 16:10
    WoW does support them like Chazus said and 16:10 or 16:9 is just a personal preference really.