Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I agree that it shouldn't be all armour, but I also think it could potentially be more than just challenge mode sets too. I imagine if the transmog store items do take off, we'll probably see some very detailed stuff coming from there. I'd like to say getting it for Tier sets would be good, but as has been said, that happens more often than may be practical for the amount of work put in.

Another idea, again it may not be practical, is to have tier sets made as seperate models for each race/gender combination, retaining the overall look of the set, but changing the minor details that can cause them to look off on certain races.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the main problem i see with chests is tabards.

right now tabards are just a flat texture like chests i imagine they would look weird as hell if chests had a model. but maybe im wrong idk.

would like to see it either way
    I can imagine that wearing a tabard over something so intricate would just overwrite the model whilst its being worn, defaulting to the standard flat chest, similar to how most helms hide hair

The difference is that NPCs don't "wear" armor. It's built onto the actual NPC model, whereas player armor is a modular object that's worn and has to fit a variety of skeletons. One of those cases where dated tech is what holds them back from doing more with the armor. In Wrath we got some modeling on pants, but not a lot, just some bulk that was easy to add. However, it was on the upper leg and almost all characters have very similar structure from the knee on up. Torsos are all very different however, even aside from just male/female. This is likely why you saw a lot of bulky belt art as most characters are similar in the waist area.

TL;DR - Unlikely unless they overhaul the engine significantly.
    We are currently recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    I would like to see something like that myself, instead of just 'omg look, we can now put leds on the belts, EVOLUTION!' I just want to see something not so predictable for once, but look how many sets they have to make every few months, do you think they can afford to start going crazy with them? I wish they could.

Also, art is a very subjective thing, but so far I haven't seen a single set that I like in T16, this has never happened before for me.
    Agreed, don't think they've "nailed it" with any model.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I don't think we'll see something like it anytime soon but I do hope eventually it'll be an option.
    subscribed
    Kibblet Infectionate Serenades Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Taxiporte Restofarian Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Shoctologist Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I think people think it's easier than it actually is... think of every race and piece of loot in the game. There already is a lot of clipping/weird scaling in a lot of races. Chests don't need to be bulky, that would make tabards a mess.

Though I definitely think boots/gloves and CAPES should have a higher level of detail/more models.

That would be a dream come true, but given the mechanical limitations I don't know how likely it would be. I'm so tired of the old silhouette, you have no idea.

To be honest, I kind of wish they'd overhaul some of the old vanilla gear. In some cases, the difference in quality compared with newer pieces is almost appalling. I know they'll never do it, but a girl can dream.
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    I wish they first released good looking armor, then shapely armor. It'd be useless to have defined armor pieces if they are too hideous to show, which has been the trend with MoP sets.