Thread: Choosing guild

Deleted

Question Choosing guild

Hi there!

I decided to create this post to ask you MMO guys about choosing my guild to get another opinion and fresh view on this matter.

I am healer in realm first 10 man guild so you can tell that I am one of the better players on my realm (not saying that I am the best or anything like that). My guild mates are really good at their class and WoW generally - they are able to learn quickly, pull out high dps/heal properly/tank properly and with them, I can expect to get realm first Garrosh. But I quite don't enjoy playing with them. Their behavior, opinions, attitude, etc are quite different then mine and since i joined thid guild, I don't enjoy playing WoW anymore. I log in on our 1 mandatory raiding day, farm whole 13/13 hc, log out and that's it. I came in this guild from another one, which was worse in progression (top 10 realm, usually rank 5-8) but I really enjoyed playing with them, we played many more games outside raiding days (LoL, Diablo 3, ...).

So here is the question - should I stay in this guild because of top raiding enviroment and realm first FoS or should I find another "worse" guild with much better social interactions and more friendly attitude?

Thanks for every comment!

PS: Sorry for my English. :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion go to the guild you think you have the most fun in, it's after all your time you are using on these raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really your choice. I value having fun with my team over server-firsts myself

Deleted
    Ok, thanks! I will probably find another friendlier guild.

Thing I hate the most in my current guild is arrogance. They think that if they are realm first, then are the best and everyone else is just scrub and they behave like that. There is one more raid group in our guild which is kinda bad in terms of progression (11/12 normal). And instead of helping them or letting them play as they want to, they just insult them and make fun of them and I hate it, I really do...

Deleted
    As others have said: wow is about having fun, and how you wanna get the things you want/

If you value server firsts and the progression race over having a laugh with nice people, then stick to the server firsts.
    If you don't find a nicer athmosphere. Go for that. Noone can help you with that choise.

Deleted
    Realm First means fuck all to me since there are low and high pop realms. I am aware of realms where guilds have killed only a few bosses on heroic. There is even at least one realm where nobody has even killed Lei Shen on normal. While you can say you are one of the better players on the realm because of Realm First it doesn't tell us much if anything about your quality as a player.

Now it appears to me the more hardcore playstyle where people are more direct to each other concerning failures etc isn't for you. If you don't act, you will likely burn out, since you're already getting sick of it on the 1 farm night. However if you join a guild where people are more lax you'll complain about progress (since why else did you join this guild you're in now). There are however guilds with mature and friendly attitude who still achieve full HC clear on content.

Go get server first Garrosh and then you can leave. Or just make an alt in a friendlier guild that you can log in on besides the server first guild's raid days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Realm First means fuck all to me since there are low and high pop realms. I am aware of realms where guilds have killed only a few bosses on heroic. There is even at least one realm where nobody has even killed Lei Shen on normal. While you can say you are one of the better players on the realm because of Realm First it doesn't tell us much if anything about your quality as a player.

Now it appears to me the more hardcore playstyle where people are more direct to each other concerning failures etc isn't for you. If you don't act, you will likely burn out, since you're already getting sick of it on the 1 farm night. However if you join a guild where people are more lax you'll complain about progress (since why else did you join this guild you're in now). There are however guilds with mature and friendly attitude who still achieve full HC clear on content.
    Well I am not saying that I am best healer on the realm/world, I just wanted to say that I am capable of playing as healer in realm first guild on our realm. And I have no problem with pointing out my own fails and deal with any criticism. It's not about failures, it's about different sense of humor, about their attitude to other "not-that-good" players, behavior like "I am the best paladin in the world, I am always right" etc.

I think that you are probably right about that guild with solid progress with mature player would suit me well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varegar View Post
    Well I am not saying that I am best healer on the realm/world, I just wanted to say that I am capable of playing as healer in realm first guild on our realm. And I have no problem with pointing out my own fails and deal with any criticism. It's not about failures, it's about different sense of humor, about their attitude to other "not-that-good" players, behavior like "I am the best paladin in the world, I am always right" etc.

I think that you are probably right about that guild with solid progress with mature player would suit me well.
    Yeah I get that. Problem is though will you find such a guild on your realm or is it time to move on to a different realm. Which has its own costs, risks, change of friends (will happen), etc.

Deleted
    Yeah maybe I know one promising guild which will probably never be realm first but can be pretty good (top 3) and that is enough for me. But otherwise I couldn't trasnfer to another realm cause I am not very good in English (my realm is EUEN but 99% of the population speaks my native language) so I couldn't play elsewhere.

Deleted
    I was realm first on everyboss in TBC and Wotlk (Bar ICC cos i stopped raiding with them) the reason i stopped raiding were because most of friend in the guild left / stopped playing over time so i moved to a different and more casual guild with nicer people, but i do still hardcore raiding.