Poll: Rend or Colossus Smash?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Rend wasn't an "iconic ability". A warrior's iconic ability is obviously something like Mortal Strike, and Charge. That's what warriors do. They charge at you like juggernauts and blow your head off with a single devastating swing. In this sense, Colossus Smash is far more "iconic" than Rend.

Rend was just a bleed. You just put it up and well, there it is. Didn't care about it as dps, hated it as a tank. Yeah, adds complexity and an extra level of depth to your swishfaggle while you bubble-boo into the dumblefook. Bullshit. It just pisses you off always having to rend one mob before thunderclapping while the dps fire away like morons behind you. I'm always happy when little annoyances turn into passive abilities, always a good thing. Less poop, more wham.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Yeah, adds complexity and an extra level of depth to your swishfaggle while you bubble-boo into the dumblefook. Bullshit.
    Read as:

"I, personally, didn't like it".

So long as you voted, your work here is done. Thanks.

Yeah, pretty sure he didn't know what Rend did for TFB.

Pretty sure he also didn't know that Rend is known as Deep Wounds now and that the original Deep Wounds no longer exists.

Useless vote.

Rend wasn't an "iconic ability". A warrior's iconic ability is obviously something like Mortal Strike, and Charge. That's what warriors do. They charge at you like juggernauts and blow your head off with a single devastating swing. In this sense, Colossus Smash is far more "iconic" than Rend.
    Maybe in a realistic sense, but Rend came packaged with the warrior. So, for those of us that have been playing since the start, it is more iconic in the sense that it's an ability that we had for years.

I would like to see a happy balance made between the abilities. I was a small fan of ArPen back in the day, so having it as an attack with a cooldown feels a little more boring to me. There was talks in here regarding giving CS to Fury only, and reworking some form of Rend for Arms, and I approve of that. I do feel like we don't want Arms to lose too much randomness though. So maybe shifting the abilities around and bringing back the chance to trigger executes even above 20%? I think many people truly hated that, but I feel it was just random enough to help break up the monotony that the Arms rotation tends to bring. And since execute has been reworked so much, maybe it could work even better now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Maybe in a realistic sense, but Rend came packaged with the warrior. So, for those of us that have been playing since the start, it is more iconic in the sense that it's an ability that we had for years.

I would like to see a happy balance made between the abilities. I was a small fan of ArPen back in the day, so having it as an attack with a cooldown feels a little more boring to me. There was talks in here regarding giving CS to Fury only, and reworking some form of Rend for Arms, and I approve of that. I do feel like we don't want Arms to lose too much randomness though. So maybe shifting the abilities around and bringing back the chance to trigger executes even above 20%? I think many people truly hated that, but I feel it was just random enough to help break up the monotony that the Arms rotation tends to bring. And since execute has been reworked so much, maybe it could work even better now.
    Putting a pin in what Kaljurei's been saying for a second (which I like), there seems to be a similar number of people who would support the return of Rend for Arms as there are people who want to stick with what we've got. Let's leave Fury alone, then, and see what we think of this:

1) The Arms kit loses Colossus Smash, but regains Rend.
    2) Mortal Strike gets a cooldown of 4.5 seconds, applies Deep Wounds and generates 30 rage.
    3) Rend lasts for 15-seconds and applies a 50% snare, ticking every 3 seconds. It costs 10 rage and replaces Hamstring.
    4) Rend and Deep Wounds are affected by haste.
    5) Taste for Blood (New): Every time Rend ticks you have a 20% chance to use Execute, regardless of target health.
    6) Unrelenting Assault (New): Your melee attacks and Opportunity Strikes have a chance to activate your Overpower ability, regardless of whether the target dodged or parried.
    7) Deadly Calm (New): Your Mortal Strike and Slam have a 20% chance to activate Deadly Calm, causing your next two special attacks to be critical strikes.
    8) Slam now costs 15 rage and does an additional 10% damage when Rend is on the target.
    9) Overpower now costs 10 rage and is a guaranteed critical strike.
    10) Enrage, Sudden Death and Recklessness are removed from Arms.

Now, all of that does a number of things (and is admittedly similar to the WotLK model). First, it replaces Colossus Smash with Rend in the rotation and replaces Sudden Death with a Taste for Blood that makes a bit more sense. It also brings back Deadly Calm in place of Enrage which, to me, feels more in line with the Arms warrior who names his weapons. After that, it works to make Slam a more intricate attack rather than the blunt, generic attack that it is these days by doing more damage to targets with Rend but also proccing Deadly Calm.

Lastly and probably most significantly, it breaks the dominance that critical strike gearing has had on warriors over the last umpteen years and aims to make haste the preferred secondary. The reason I've suggested taking out Recklessness is because it'd be a weak cooldown for a spec that doesn't value critical strike so highly and would need replaced with something better; Bloodbath as baseline would be the type of thing I'd support.

Clearly some retuning would have to be done, but this would hopefully increase sustained damage while lowering burst and giving warriors the "passive" snare they've needed for years now. These are obviously PvP considerations. In PvE, Arms now has a very different kit from Fury and could be balanced far more independently after getting free of the Colossus Smash PvP shackles that have dogged it since Wrath.

Thoughts?

Colossus Smash is pretty much my personal favorite thing that has been given to Warriors since I started mine in late BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Colossus Smash is pretty much my personal favorite thing that has been given to Warriors since I started mine in late BC.
    Why? What, specifically, do you like about it?

Deleted
    Personally I rolled War in MoP to get away from dot management so its CS for me. Was a feral and lock for years, so its sick of dots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't like Colossus Smash at all. It should go away. I didn't really care for rend, either. Just another global you had to waste before you could do any dmg.

I'd like to see CS reworked to function like Tiger Palm. Warriors are too dependent on Colossus Smash and do not do damage without it.