Poll: Your Choice for Horde Race

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[Great Sea Expansion] Horde Race Popular Opinion Poll

So before we start, please throw away any notions of Kil'jaedan, Sargeras, Argus, or Outland. This thread is going to focus on next expansion NOT being the Legion, and instead being a "filler" expansion with Azshara and the Great Sea.

So we got an Alliance Race thread bumping around that's full of talk of High Elves, Furbolgs, and Ethereal. But there's no Horde thread in sight.

I know if next expansion IS a Legion Expansion, it's inevitable that Horde will get Ogres. But what if it's not? What if Blizz decides to have Argus be their level 100 Expansion, and also decide not to break from their current 5-level expansion system? Well they'd probably put Azshara and the Great Sea in, due to her link to the Legion already.

But would Ogre be a good fit? Or would Blizz add something more related to the Great Sea?

Like a Murloc?

What about a Hozen? They come from Pandaria, and would go well with the (presumed) Alliance race, Jinyu?

Or the Naga? They could break away from Azshara and join their Highborne descendents, the Blood Elves.

Something else entirely? The choice is up to you, poll incoming.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure it will be the ogres.
    Two-headed or one headed i don't know, but Ogres will fit very well within the horde's theme.
    Murlocs are out of the question, since they are barely sentient. Hozen would be a Joke-race, and horde allready has goblins, and the Naga are as good as a guess for both factions, but i don't really think naga would ever be playable.

Deleted
    Horde should've got Ogres in TBC, instead of a race with two females. I mean, c'mon! Ogres were in the Horde since WCII! They are just as iconic as orcs and trolls! And Horde already has sexy female undead, so no need of Periods (first I wanted to write Blood Pussies, but then understood that it can be written in one word).

10+ Year Old Account
    As you yourself have said: "if next expansion IS a Legion Expansion, it's inevitable that Horde will get Ogres" which is completely true (in my opinion).

But since this thread is specifically about the unavoidable future Great Sea Expansion, from among the options presented and discarding Ogres (as it would be not a race that would fit into that aquatic thematic, better for an expansion oriented in Outland), I would opt for the Naga for the Horde ...
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-07-25 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ogre, i hate naga and hope they never become a race! hozen, maybe, murlocs??? hell no.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    One other concept that popped into my head after looking in another thread, Blizz could blow all our minds and NOT introduce faction-specific races, and instead introduce 2 neutral races.

Which would make Naga almost a shoo-in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I voted naga, as I want nagas. Though in my opinion ogres would be better.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-07-25 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    One other concept that popped into my head after looking in another thread, Blizz could blow all our minds and NOT introduce faction-specific races, and instead introduce 2 neutral races.

Which would make Naga almost a shoo-in.
    But the problem is ... aside from the Naga, what other race would make sense in an expansion centered on the Great Sea/South Seas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    But the problem is ... aside from the Naga, what other race would make sense in an expansion centered on the Great Sea/South Seas?
    That's the only other problem with it. There isn't really one.

Unless Blizz were to further blow our minds and introduce 2 classes in a row, but that's a sub-25% chance IMO.

Naga. None of the others appeal to me even slightly, and in particular for a water expansion.

Deleted
    Nagas can't become a race. Blizzard has said that many times, mostly because of the pants and boots not being able to be shown (This applies to all non two-legged creatures). I myself, would not like to see another faction-specific race, but a neutral race, Ethereals. Being neutral to both factions, having a good chunk of lore behind them, and no apparent problems with gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Lutece View Post
    Nagas can't become a race. Blizzard has said that many times, mostly because of the pants and boots not being able to be shown (This applies to all non two-legged creatures). I myself, would not like to see another faction-specific race, but a neutral race, Ethereals. Being neutral to both factions, having a good chunk of lore behind them, and no apparent problems with gear.
    How can you show armor on a race that is basically made of pink mists wrapped in toilet paper?

Deleted
    Oh god, all good options, all totally suitable for the Horde. But to answer the specific question, which race goes to the Horde for a great sea xpac...

On the one hand the ogres built these:

On the other ha- oh who are we kidding it's gotta be Naga.

If a Great sea expansion is bridging the gap before the inevitable return of illidan and Burning Legion xpac, then Naga make a fine link. Not only were many Belves recently allies of the Naga- but specifically those Naga aren't loyal to Azshara, aren't evil as sin, and are tied to Illidan (who I'm guessing will be a bit of a heelfaceturn Tirion Fordring for the Burning Legion xpac). Following the same logic, I guess you could have Akama and the Broken join the Alliance at last.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Lutece View Post
    Sidesaddle; look it up.

Pants and boots is easy- just do what they did with Draenei, Trolls, and Tauren ankles, but with the tail.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Something else entirely? The choice is up to you, poll incoming.
    The choice is up to me? Easy! Arakkoa. KRRAAAWWWWKKKKKKK-AAAKKK TRINKETSSSSSSS......

Giev to me Arakkoa.

Deleted

Do I need to say more?

Existing naga npcs show leg armor, and trolls don't show boots, so I see no obstacles in this regard.

Deleted
    Something for PALADINS to be... seriously, not a single ''acceptable'' PvE DPS/Healer Paladin race...

Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    If a Great sea expansion is bridging the gap before the inevitable return of illidan and Burning Legion xpac
    Illidan is dead though, we killed him in BT.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see naga..or you know probably a lesser race of naga that probably wernt idk,born with "beauty and blessing" of the see so they lake tails and have web feet and very shitty gils so they became labor to build the sea cities aswell as live in magical air bubble crap homes.....this was before a group joins the horde....
    And as someone else said akama might as well toss his deathsworn into the alliance, since one eventually maive will becom crazy and come looking for him and b the legion will also come...and I'm sure he has the same if not worse distrust to orcs soooo yeah, cooler and more realistic looking dreanie race(sorry but the broken will always be the original dreanie look to me from wc3)