Poll: Your Choice for Horde Race

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    if we get to play two-headed ogres, then okay, Ogres.

But otherwise, Naga beat all other options by a mile.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locklight View Post
    Something for PALADINS to be... seriously, not a single ''acceptable'' PvE DPS/Healer Paladin race...
    Difficult because of the requirement the race be Lawful Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    Illidan is dead though, we killed him in BT.
    Demon's don't often stay dead, sadly. And he's a Demon Hunter, and Demon Hunter is a probable future class...
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Something for PALADINS to be... seriously, not a single ''acceptable'' PvE DPS/Healer Paladin race...
    Arcane torrent is at least as good to Holy Paladins as Human Spirit is.

They could also just fix Tauren Racials and make them not suck like they fixed Undead Racials.

They could also let the Undead be paladins. because seriously, the Silver Hand has been accepting Foresaken for four expansions now and is a foresaken can be a holy priest surely it can be redeemed enough to be a paladin.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-25 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair they could always do like they did in vanilla and give shaman race to horde and come up with race for ally to be palidans...hell the ones in the horde at the moment aren't really paladins their just paladinish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    Illidan is dead though, we killed him in BT.
    Plot armour reaches beyond the veil of death (Metzen indicated a return of Illidan in some Q&A panel).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So before we start, please throw away any notions of Kil'jaedan, Sargeras, Argus, or Outland. This thread is going to focus on next expansion NOT being the Legion, and instead being a "filler" expansion with Azshara and the Great Sea.
    None of that! It's going to be about Xoroth and the Dreadlords (Nathrezim)!

And I think we have enough races. I'd much rather see a Dark ranger Class and updated models.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    And I think we have enough races. I'd much rather see a Dark ranger Class
    Lol unlikely. What, they'll add an entire class with no undead elves to play it? Or they'll add an undead elf skin option and an entire class for a single Horde subfaction. Yeah no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    Lol unlikely. What, they'll add an entire class with no undead elves to play it? Or they'll add an undead elf skin option and an entire class for a single Horde subfaction. Yeah no.
    Plus it wouldn't really fit on either of the two most likely expansion themes (Legion and Azshara).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    Pretty sure that's the same argument people make to try and kill the Demon Hunter.

But that's getting off topic for a thread about races.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Pretty sure that's the same argument people make to try and kill the Demon Hunter.
    You mean that class that wasn't added to the game in almost 10 years and 4 xpacs?

10+ Year Old Account
    I find strange that for an expansion oriented in the South Seas / The Great Sea the people prefer the Ogres as a new race for the Horde ... personally, I see little sense on it...
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-07-25 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I find strange that for an expansion oriented in the South Seas / The Great Sea the people prefer the Ogres as a new race for the Horde ... personally, I see little sense on it...
    I'd rather have a race that fits the Horde than one crammed in to fit the theme of an expansion.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I think a lot of people just think Ogres belong in the horde regardless of the theme of the expansion
    which is basically a true statement. Ogres have always been core members of the horde; like trolls and goblins. It was weird that we didn't have Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Goblins and Ogres from day one. and weirder still that we ended up with undead humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise the horde has like what..3 orre clans that serve them?
    Rexxar clan he won . That blade masters clan and finally the one sylvannas took mind control of...I'm sure by now tho their abominations sadly..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Rexxar clan he won . That blade masters clan and finally the one sylvannas took mind control of...I'm sure by now tho their abominations sadly..
    Mug'thol and his clan (the one that Sylvanas enslaved) got freed and we're killed off in Alterac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I'd rather have a race that fits the Horde than one crammed in to fit the theme of an expansion.
    A cursed and corrupted race that served powerful evil masters that need to redeem themselves (perhaps in the embrace of a new more wholesome form of magic) doesn't fit the Horde?

I agree that Ogres are overdue, but also consider Naga more than suitable, thematically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Stonemaul, Dunemaul, and Dreadmaul clans have all been recruited. The Mok'Nathal are also Horde.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I think a lot of people just think Ogres belong in the horde regardless of the theme of the expansion
    which is basically a true statement. Ogres have always been core members of the horde; like trolls and goblins. It was weird that we didn't have Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Goblins and Ogres from day one. and weirder still that we ended up with undead humans.
    Yeah yeah, do not get me wrong, I support the Ogres to become a race for the Horde once and for all, I just saying they would fit better in an expansion involving the return to Outland in one way or another (at the end of the day, the Ogres are native of Outland and they should have their capital and their starting zones around there).

I picked Naga, simply because they have already put armor on them in game, which means they are mapped for it.

HOWEVER, i really think that next expansion we won't get any new races or classes (got both with MoP) instead we will get the new models for all of the older races and free race change. Maybe even new, meaningful, race abilities. Along with those models i really hope they redo some o fthe other older models, sich as the ones listed... Ogres, Naga, Merlocs, etc... to not only match the updated character models, but also to set them all up for possible playable races in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogre's - Although they would have to scale them down a bit.

Suppose they could give us a Half Orc, Half Ogre race and make Rexxar the leader for them.