Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    there are a few ways how they can fit naga in looks wise.
    a: look at druids. cat and tank druids do not have the option to see theyr gear in combat. aslong as the upper half would be visable it already would beat those.
    b; restrict naga to caster classes. priests mages warlocks shamans all use dresses pretty much exclusive. for the odd piece that is not a dress they could easy make a retexture like they have done before. (many pieces these days have a pants and a dress version) or the lower half could simply be inviseble if its not a kilt / dress.
    c:sudden cure has been found to cure the naga curse! /waggles hands magickle) you now can transform like a worgen from high elf to naga form. there profit

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah i used my terrible paint skills to come up with something that could be cool imo for en expansion like that.

3 underwater zone in the middle. 1 pvp zone island off to the side, and a few zones around the middle. The middle is the ocean but would look like one huge lake.

- - - Updated - - -

They never said that at all. Its even stated that the dream is once again defenseless after the aspects lost their powers.
    Personally I'd spread it out across the whole of the space between the 4 continents.

Kul'tiras, Kezan (Undermine), Tel'abim....
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    An Azshara expansion. If this happens, I see them Raising the island, while keeping underwater intact.

I liked the underwater zone. absolutely loved it, in fact, but I know alot did not. Yet, can I see them blending it together with a zone? Yes. Just like part of the Dread Wastes. I think this would the best for both people. Limited amount of time there the people that really did not like it, and for the people that did, they can go back. While blending it into more zones, you eventually get an entire zone underwater, but for the people that hated it, it is not all in one go.

I would also hope for islands. Large, and essentially a Continent of islands.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-07-26 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Personally I'd spread it out across the whole of the space between the 4 continents.

Kul'tiras, Kezan (Undermine), Tel'abim....
    Because fragmented zones worked so well in cata, right?

Deleted
    I don't get this "will return to Azeroth". Pandaria is on Azeroth. Cataclysm took place on Azeroth. Northrend is on Azeroth. We've been on Azeroth since the end of TBC.

Also reading that article now, was it changed? There's not much in there, and nothing new and exciting, really.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-07-26 at 05:46 AM.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Lol. Mistranslation announces Emerald Dream expansion with playable naga. Sorry guys.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...84368739196928

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Catas issues had nothing to do with fragmented zones.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Lol. Mistranslation announces Emerald Dream expansion with playable naga. Sorry guys.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...84368739196928

We know. He posted that last night and we have already posted the quote on page 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It didn't help. They already acknowledged they didn't like how that felt.

Deleted
    so it wasnt fake, it just...wasnt right.
    take THAT naysayers

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one failing to see anything of what the OP assumes from the interview summary?

new expansions will return to Azeroth
    The storyline within the current expansion will already return to Azeroth.. Or the main continents if you will, since Pandaria is part of Azeroth anyway.. Old news..

Naga were considered as a race but due to the problem with foot armor there would be design problems, however it goes on to say "theyre working on those problems" so that could be a potential race in the future?
    Failed to read where Naga have been considered a race. All I've read that they are a popular race amongst many players and how players created events because of them.... No indication to me whatsoever..... Murloc are popular too, and are probably the most popular/hated race at least amongst long time WoW players... For all what GC did, was pointing out the difficulties involved with the Naga physical attributes. How to gear them. How the hell would they fit on mounts too? That's my thought on that...

Future content will include the Burning Legion, the Trolls and the Emerald Dream
    Didn't read a single word about that in particular.

Conflict amongst the Old God, Mogu's and Titans in 5.4, Garrosh will play an important role in this conflict
    Who would have thought about that?
    After all SoO is the next raid with Garrosh being the final boss...

All in all, unless I've overlooked some link that gave a lot more away, I envy you for your fantasy
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Naga race would be a dream come true. I would instantly switch to a Naga character... but wait, I'm a druid, how would that work? A fish transforming into a bear/cat/tree/stag/sea lion? But then again we have Worgen druids

I'll wait until i see blizz get something trademarked first . Demon hunters and the legion is most likely next. We'll see soon enough.

Deleted
    Before I read anything, I have to say this thread has such a great opening. Well done OP. Right, now lets read

'Future content will include the Burning Legion, the Trolls and the Emerald Dream'

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The issue was the zones felt fragmented in story, not geographically. If the expansion were done with one over-arching story (the invasion of the Naga) it could be done well even with island hopping.

And of course there's still the underwater portion for those that would prefer one single continent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    Before I read anything, I have to say this thread has such a great opening. Well done OP. Right, now lets read

'Future content will include the Burning Legion, the Trolls and the Emerald Dream'

Such an accurate depiction of what we all did upon seeeing that (mostly mistranslated) information.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Such an accurate depiction of what we all did upon seeeing that (mostly mistranslated) information.
    I can dream can't I?

Deleted
    What classes would you say naga'd get?

Druid:Not out of the question, but no.
    Hunter:Sure.
    Mage:Definitely, this is a core class.
    Monk: lol, I kinda want to see a female naga fistfighter, but all the flying kicks and shit would probably be derpy as fuck.
    Paladin: yeahno.
    Priest: Definitely, another core naga class.
    Rogue: Sure.
    Shaman: Maybe, are these in game? I can see it.
    Warlock: Sure.
    Warrior: Sure.
    Death Knight: Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Skals View Post
    A fish transforming into a bear/cat/tree/stag/sea lion? But then again we have Worgen druids

Serpents aren't fish

Quote Originally Posted by Noqr View Post
    I hope Ghostcarb is right!
    Are those like, when they round down on the nutritional information and put 0 carbs when there's like.. 0.9 ? Ghost carbs. The bane of the Atkins dieter.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I still have high hopes for playable naga. They have the potential to be an amazing playable race.

Not so much for the Emerald Dream. Doubt we'll ever see that in anything more than a quest or two a la the Wrath one. I mean, really -- it's Azeroth with a green tint.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I don't get this. I seem to remember no boots showing at all on my worgen.
    There aren't separate words for "foot" and "leg" in Mandarin. It's leg armor that causes the problems. This has been stated in English interviews.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"