Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17227

    Disengage You attempt to leap backwards. Can only be used while in combat. Unlimited range. Instant. 20 sec cooldown.

    Is this what I think it is ? Disengage out of combat ?

    Major Glyphs

    Enduring Deceit (New) Major Glyph. Instant.
    Glyph of Enduring Deceit (New) Camouflage also reduces spell damage taken by 10%. Major Glyph.

    I don't understand how this can be used in any way...
    Last edited by Shuken; 2013-07-24 at 05:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Interesting changes, Disengage without being in combat (if I read this correctly) is awesome. The Focus Fire glyph might be really cool as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    I don't understand how this can be used in any way...
    10% less damage on a big AoE attack, I'm not complaining.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise (Eternity), Bolt, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Frostfang, full ascended medium armor, versatile mighty infusions.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    Is this what I think it is ? Disengage out of combat ?




    I don't understand how this can be used in any way...
    Glyph is literally shit as far as pvp goes. It could be 50% less damage and no one would use it. Most of the time people just use a weak aoe to get the hunter out of camo, the hunter is the one to open, or a rogue opens on you. It could force a rogue to use cheap shot to open instead of garrote or ambush, but tbh they probably already plan on doing that to you.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    10% less damage on a big AoE attack, I'm not complaining.
    For a one time use, you're using a 60 sec CD and a GCD just for 10%... feels like it should be more rewarding than that ESPECIALLY if it's gonna take a major glyph slot.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    For a one time use, you're using a 60 sec CD and a GCD just for 10%... feels like it should be more rewarding than that ESPECIALLY if it's gonna take a major glyph slot.
    I agree, but the option to take this is there. If this glyph was in the game right now I would use it for Dark Animus, Ra-Den, Tortos and Twin Consorts.

    Like you said it's very minor but I still remember taking a glyph so I could walk into Nefarion's melee range so I could Raptor Strike for 20$ damage reduction. Which in the end, saved me a couple of times. I can see uses for this.

    EDIT:
    Whoops scratch Tortos. Rockfall is physical isn't it?
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise (Eternity), Bolt, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Frostfang, full ascended medium armor, versatile mighty infusions.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Glyph is literally shit as far as pvp goes. It could be 50% less damage and no one would use it. Most of the time people just use a weak aoe to get the hunter out of camo, the hunter is the one to open, or a rogue opens on you. It could force a rogue to use cheap shot to open instead of garrote or ambush, but tbh they probably already plan on doing that to you.
    In PvP there's no way this gets taken over any of the 4-5 people currently use.

    In PvE, I don't see how it's better than deterrence, spirit bond and liberation.

    I just find it weird to come up with an entirely new glyph that seems so pointless and that you can pretty much guarantee from the get go will never be used. What's the point of adding this new glyph in ? Not a big deal, but it's just bizarre.

  7. #7
    It's a cool glyph idea. 10% may be a little low atm but things can change lads.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I agree, but the option to take this is there. If this glyph was in the game right now I would use it for Dark Animus, Ra-Den, Tortos and Twin Consorts.

    Like you said it's very minor but I still remember taking a glyph so I could walk into Nefarion's melee range so I could Raptor Strike for 20$ damage reduction. Which in the end, saved me a couple of times. I can see uses for this.

    EDIT:
    Whoops scratch Tortos. Rockfall is physical isn't it?
    If there's a pulsing AOE from the boss, I don't think you can really use that glyph. It has to be a predictable source that comes at a specific point and can't be eaten by something else and has to be magic.

    Which glyph would you drop for it ? Liberation ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    It's a cool glyph idea. 10% may be a little low atm but things can change lads.
    Even cooler idea would be for camouflage to work like cloak and remove dots with a major glyph.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    If there's a pulsing AOE from the boss, I don't think you can really use that glyph.
    For the first tick of that pulse, after that camo is canceled, right?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    For the first tick of that pulse, after that camo is canceled, right?
    Any damage done to you or your pet cancels the effect.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuken View Post
    Even cooler idea would be for camouflage to work like cloak and remove dots with a major glyph.
    ^ This just made me wet..

  12. #12
    Another defensive CD with self-disarm... Oh the joy!!!!!!!

    And, if I'm not mistaken, only boss in ToT where it wouldn't be used is Ji-Kun. Kinda mandatory glyph if you ask me... :/ Yeah it is kinda crappy, but still, as another def 1 min CD... Well, I wouldn't ignore it.

  13. #13
    Rockfall is nature damage, but even so, the amount of damage this glyph would protect you from would be negligible in that situation. Unless you're getting hit directly, in which case you have bigger problems (and relatively it would still be pretty negligible).

    Glyph is way too weak to be useful except in a few rare edge cases...

    OOC disengage is nice I guess.

    Honestly all the items this build has introduced are a lot more interesting than anything in the hunter section (not to pull this off topic...).

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102467-ce...-eternal-agony

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/104328-cauterizing-core

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/104299-falling-flame

    - - - Updated - - -

    I mean... what the hell is this?

    Glyph of the Lean Pack (New) Reduces the radius of Aspect of the Pack by 7. Major Glyph.
    Why on earth would anyone want that ever?
    Main - Spirál - Hunter - 11/14 10H SoO - 13/13 10H ToT (Retired)
    Alt - Rerolling - BrM Monk

    Ex-GM of <Convicted>/<Ginyu Force> on US-Stormreaver
    http://www.sr-ginyuforce.com/home - Kill Videos
    Hunter Simcraft Profile Generator web tool

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Rockfall is nature damage, but even so, the amount of damage this glyph would protect you from would be negligible in that situation. Unless you're getting hit directly, in which case you have bigger problems (and relatively it would still be pretty negligible).

    Glyph is way too weak to be useful except in a few rare edge cases...

    OOC disengage is nice I guess.

    Honestly all the items this build has introduced are a lot more interesting than anything in the hunter section (not to pull this off topic...).

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102467-ce...-eternal-agony

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/104328-cauterizing-core

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/104299-falling-flame
    The censer of Eternal Agony is too funny.

  15. #15
    The Camo glyph seems a bit odd, even if the amount was buffed significantly, it would still fit the same niche as Deterrence (Read: good at negating 1 large hit). Where we could actually use another CD is for longer periods of high raid damage, and preferably something that doesn't pacify us. Maybe the intention is to change Camo into that with the glyph?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Rockfall is nature damage, but even so, the amount of damage this glyph would protect you from would be negligible in that situation. Unless you're getting hit directly, in which case you have bigger problems (and relatively it would still be pretty negligible).

    Glyph is way too weak to be useful except in a few rare edge cases...

    OOC disengage is nice I guess.

    Honestly all the items this build has introduced are a lot more interesting than anything in the hunter section (not to pull this off topic...).

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102467-ce...-eternal-agony

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/104328-cauterizing-core

    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/104299-falling-flame

    - - - Updated - - -

    I mean... what the hell is this?



    Why on earth would anyone want that ever?
    "Ugh fail huntard turn off aspect of idiot!" With a smaller range, some people can run out of it faster (dash, sprint, blink) and give is 2 or 3 extra seconds before we get yelled at. I don't know, I'm reaching.

    In other news, monks got a change and a revert. We got... glyphs. Some don't even make sense.
    Glyph of Chameleon (NYI) (New) Focus Fire charges apply a visual to you for each charge active. Minor Glyph.
    What do any properties of chameleons have to do with a spell visual? Unless the visual periodically changes colour...?

  17. #17
    A Murder of Crows now deals 40% more damage.

    Taken from the official patch notes.

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...notes-july-24/

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I agree, but the option to take this is there. If this glyph was in the game right now I would use it for Dark Animus, Ra-Den, Tortos and Twin Consorts.

    Like you said it's very minor but I still remember taking a glyph so I could walk into Nefarion's melee range so I could Raptor Strike for 20$ damage reduction. Which in the end, saved me a couple of times. I can see uses for this.

    EDIT:
    Whoops scratch Tortos. Rockfall is physical isn't it?
    quake stomp is physical, rockfall is magical, so you could negate one hit of rockfall before camo wore off.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    Glyph of Chameleon (NYI) (New) Focus Fire charges apply a visual to you for each charge active. Minor Glyph.
    What do any properties of chameleons have to do with a spell visual? Unless the visual periodically changes colour...?
    That one, while still silly, is understandable when looking at the glyph directly below it. They added one for focus fire, then copy/pasted it, changed the name, but didn't decide on what the effect would be yet so it's the same as the original.

    But someone consciously came up with the idea of reducing the radius of aspect of the pack as a major glyph. When there's also a minor glyph that increases the range by 15 yards. Mind = blown. Just shattered. I mean, I guess they could have copied the minor, but then they changed it to major and made the value negative. Like, there was some thought process behind that that is incomprehensible to me.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter - 11/14 10H SoO - 13/13 10H ToT (Retired)
    Alt - Rerolling - BrM Monk

    Ex-GM of <Convicted>/<Ginyu Force> on US-Stormreaver
    http://www.sr-ginyuforce.com/home - Kill Videos
    Hunter Simcraft Profile Generator web tool

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    A Murder of Crows now deals 40% more damage.

    Taken from the official patch notes.

    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...notes-july-24/
    At first I thought this was great til I realized this is because of the removal of readiness. Still won't dethrone BS probably
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-07-24 at 06:22 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •