Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

ToT 10 Man, resto shaman

Hi all, just after a bit of advice. Just started 2 healing fights on a resto shaman with a holy paladin. I keep getting told not to keep looking at the healing meters as shamans bring more utility etc, but the paladin does nearly double the healing I do, and I'm not far above our prot pala's healing lol

We're wanting to start heroic modes asap and I'm wondering if it's going to be a problem and if I should switch to my slightly lesser geared disc priest for 2 healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vemel View Post
    Hi all, just after a bit of advice. Just started 2 healing fights on a resto shaman with a holy paladin. I keep getting told not to keep looking at the healing meters as shamans bring more utility etc, but the paladin does nearly double the healing I do, and I'm not far above our prot pala's healing lol

We're wanting to start heroic modes asap and I'm wondering if it's going to be a problem and if I should switch to my slightly lesser geared disc priest for 2 healing.
    Since you dont overheal as much in 10's you should be able to do well against a holy pally, go with a crit/haste build if you have the meta, you can use more smaller/efficient heals and be potent while regenerating a whole lot of mana with resurgence

Deleted
    When you 2heal its fine healing with a pally. Its when you 3 heal fights and you have a disc priest and a holly pally when we suck

well.. some logs would be good ... but in general you should perform pretty well if 2heal... on most fight i "bash" our holy pally ^^ and hes only 2 ilvl below me

Good news is that the majority of fights on heroic are 2 healable as well. I would a recommend the 7613 haste/mastery build for 10H.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not very experienced (only really raided ToT 3 times 11/12 so far). But what I found out, when we 3 healed it (Monk, Disc and me Resto Shaman) I really, really fell behind the other 2. I never had a chance to compete on the HPS meter. Never did mind either. Now on our second Iron Qon kill last week the monk died pretty fast into the fight so we had to 2 heal it. And then my little shammy started to shine... We had no problem 2 healing it and I did about 30% more HPS then our awesome priest. Made me feel happy inside because she is really, really good at healing. Shaman only really shine on fights where healing gets intense and that's when you ussually need the heals the most anyways

Too bad we stopped raiding after 3 weeks Now I have to start pugging again or find a raiding guild that only raids once a week :P

resto shaman is very underwhelming in 10man

minus the fights where there's a lot of stacked healing, any other healer is going to beat you for throughput.

a priest is going to be better, even with less gear. but for normal modes/early heroics, any class or comp works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    resto shaman is very underwhelming in 10man

minus the fights where there's a lot of stacked healing, any other healer is going to beat you for throughput.

a priest is going to be better, even with less gear. but for normal modes/early heroics, any class or comp works just fine.
    i agree that resto shaman are not in the best plase (well they are the worst healing class atm imho) BUT... u can heal every heroic in 10 man with a resto... plus i solo healed some bosses on normal

Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post
    BUT... u can heal every heroic in 10 man with a resto...l
    ofc you can, but it isnt the smart/best way to do it. (infact, more like the worse way to do it )

You can also do the raids with only melee / or all >insert random, not very good class< , buts its not gonna be easier by doing it that way.

Some logs or your characters name and realm would help

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavemoss View Post
    Some logs or your characters name and realm would help
    Didn't plan on doing this in case people gave me nasty replies lol. Yunera at Draenor EU, and the logs well it won't let me post them as I'm still classed a new member. You can find them though, our guild is Dystopia.

Didn't plan on doing this in case people gave me nasty replies lol. Yunera at Draenor EU, and the logs well it won't let me post them as I'm still classed a new member. You can find them though, our guild is Dystopia.
    Just report nasty comments, it's either constructive or go back under your rock

Deleted
    I usually heal about the same as our disc and hpally, and end up having atleast twice the mana they have when the fight ends. Im running with Crit > Haste 3040 > Mastery 5200 and I'm talented in Elemental Mastery. Always popping EM with Healing Tide or Ascendance and watch the meters go up. Glyphs I'm using are Totemic Recall for cost free Healing Stream Totems / Elementals and Telluric Currents for more mana.

How close are you to getting your legendary meta gem?

Don't use glyph of riptide
    I would put the haste enchant on your gloves as your mastery wont be as good due to a Holy Pali's absorbs.
    At your ilvl you could trying going for the 5676 hbp for the extra tick of Riptide or even the 7613 hbp for the extra tick of Healing Rain.
    If you are going to try one of these then I would gem + haste + spirit in your yellow sockets or even straight haste.

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t130574-...g_heals_5_3_a/ - good for reading about hbp

I'm pretty pap when it come to reading logs indepth, but make sure you are using unleashed life with every healing rain. Also your healing stream totem should be your top healing spell along with Healing Rain on Jin'rokh(N). Make sure Earth Shield is always up on the tank.

I use the Fire Elemental Glyph and macro it to my Ascendance, which also actives it's empower everytime I pop Ascendance for an extra healing boost.
    Last edited by MaugrimEU; 2013-07-26 at 02:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    How close are you to getting your legendary meta gem?

Don't use glyph of riptide
    I would put the haste enchant on your gloves as your mastery wont be as good due to a Holy Pali's absorbs.
    At your ilvl you could trying going for the 5676 hbp for the extra tick of Riptide or even the 7613 hbp for the extra tick of Healing Rain.
    If you are going to try one of these then I would gem + haste + spirit in your yellow sockets or even straight haste.

I'm pretty pap when it come to reading logs indepth, but make sure you are using unleashed life with every healing rain. Also your healing stream totem should be your top healing spell along with Healing Rain on Jin'rokh(N). Make sure Earth Shield is always up on the tank.
    I've only recently swapped to resto shaman, was playing resto druid before then, so quite far off getting the meta My guild acquired two other resto druids so I swapped to acomodate them) i'll unglyph riptide however I've got quite used to using it now. Thanks for the advice, I have read up what I can but just feel like I'm not pulling my weight.

Why would you get healing rain haste breakpoints exactly? I don't raid in 10 man at the moment but if I were, I would try to get riptide/HST breakpoints, stack a lot of crit and dump as much spirit and mastery as possible to increase my personnal throughput.

I've only recently swapped to resto shaman, was playing resto druid before then, so quite far off getting the meta My guild acquired two other resto druids so I swapped to acomodate them) i'll unglyph riptide however I've got quite used to using it now. Thanks for the advice, I have read up what I can but just feel like I'm not pulling my weight.
    Practice makes perfect, use your unglyphed riptide on cd, i.e spreading it on the tanks first then other peeps and you'll see a boost to your healing. Also make sure you are chain healing off of someone with riptide on them.

For me it's about learning each boss fight and finding the best places to stand to gain the most healing advantage. Making use of call of the elements to reset the cd of your healing stream will boost your healing aswell. I've got a feeling you'll see a nice boost to your healing once you go for the higher haste break points.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
    Why would you get healing rain haste breakpoints exactly? I don't raid in 10 man at the moment but if I were, I would try to get riptide/HST breakpoints, stack a lot of crit and dump as much spirit and mastery as possible to increase my personnal throughput.
    I believe it's down to personal preference, but I prefer the faster casting and the extra ticks of my abilities, especially when healing with a disco priest and monk. My healing ilvl atm is 527; I have the legendary meta and was able to drop 3k spirit and increase my int by about the same.
    Last edited by MaugrimEU; 2013-07-26 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Practice makes perfect, use your unglyphed riptide on cd, i.e spreading it on the tanks first then other peeps and you'll see a boost to your healing. Also make sure you are chain healing off of someone with riptide on them.

For me it's about learning each boss fight and finding the best places to stand to gain the most healing advantage. Making use of call of the elements to reset the cd of your healing stream will boost your healing aswell. I've got a feeling you'll see a nice boost to your healing once you go for the higher haste break points.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe it's down to personal preference, but I prefer the faster casting and the extra ticks of my abilities, especially when healing with a disco priest and monk. My healing ilvl atm is 527; I have the legendary meta and was able to drop 3k spirit and increase my int by about the same.
    Thanks very much for the advice I normally follow ask mr robot for reforging and stuff, should I be reforging some mastery into haste then? Do I still need as much crit as I have?

I have the 7613 hbp and about 15-16% crit(527 ilvl), I would say look me up, but i'm in my Elemental gear. I've reforged out of mastery and crit to make sure I reached that level of haste I wanted. Remember you have your 4 piece set bonus. All you can do is give it a try if you don't like it then changed it back.

put + haste + spirt in your yellow sockets.
    reforge mastery > haste and Crit > Haste, then see how you like it. If need be gem straight haste in your yellow sockets. It's all about trial and error I guess

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post
    i agree that resto shaman are not in the best plase (well they are the worst healing class atm imho) BUT... u can heal every heroic in 10 man with a resto... plus i solo healed some bosses on normal
    Of course you can - once everybody plays better, is better geared and potentially overgeared.

You need more tries with a resto shaman. There's also a point where a hc boss dies with a priest healer and not with a shaman healer because there are so many advantages.