Treant testing..

Hey guys. I recently switched from Bear to resto/boomy, and was curious. I have done a little in raid testing between SotF and treants, and it seems i get a little more healing output with treants, except in heavy aoe phases then sotf takes over. But i'm only ilvl 490 atm, and was just curious as gear gets better, which one of those talents does better? or are they all just fight specific?

Technically, SotF is the throughput winner on most fights. However, fights like Megaera (all stacked up), Ji'Kun (esp for heroic if you're healing nests during quills) etc, Treants pull ahead. The difference is minor though, but a lot of the top druids are using Incarnation or SotF. It's a personal choice - if you like having to be locked into sitting on a spell for them SM/WG to line up, that's fine, but if you'd rather have an army of trees, no one will say you're bad for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

mk yeah and then a couple fight where i need some major burst healing ill switch to incarn. but most fights im either SotF/treants, just been testing em out

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSGT View Post
    But i'm only ilvl 490 atm, and was just curious as gear gets better, which one of those talents does better? or are they all just fight specific?
    Mainspec moonkin, offspec tree here. I think there's a slight paradigm shift for you at least for healing you need to keep in mind. Outside of just healing numbers, you should also take into account efficiency on mana. Incarnation is the only one that has the capacity to efficient. Especially at your low ilvl, you should be concerned with how long it takes for you to go oom, and using tree to extend how long that timeframe is.

edit: Almost forgot about the moonkin side. If you're curious about Moonkin, the order for throughput is treants > incarnation > sotf. At lower item levels, I think that treants is still better than incarnation, but it might be less noticeable. You will switch treants and incarnation on fights with damage modifiers (i.e. jin'rokh, ji kun, Primoridius), as you can align your cd's to make better use of the buffs.
    Last edited by Ironbark; 2013-07-30 at 06:30 PM.

Deleted
    Assuming you're after pure DPS on the meter, SotF is the way to go on most fights as boomkin. However, Incarnation is, according to me, better on all fights but Tortos and Lei Shen.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    Assuming you're after pure DPS on the meter, SotF is the way to go on most fights as boomkin. However, Incarnation is, according to me, better on all fights but Tortos and Lei Shen.
    No it's not. At my current ilvl, sotf is simming at almost 10,000 dps lower. Incarnation is about 200 dps lower(edit: from force of nature), so I could see the conversation there.
    Last edited by Ironbark; 2013-07-30 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckgirl View Post
    Sorry, what? SotF is the weakest of talent of the tier for Owling around. Inc and FoN depend heavily on the fight and tactic used.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbark View Post
    Mainspec moonkin, offspec tree here. I think there's a slight paradigm shift for you at least for healing you need to keep in mind. Outside of just healing numbers, you should also take into account efficiency on mana. Incarnation is the only one that has the capacity to efficient.
    While ToL can be used as a mana saving CD (lifebloom spam) - your last statement makes no sense, since Treants are 100% mana free healing - you cant get more mana efficient than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    While ToL can be used as a mana saving CD (lifebloom spam) - your last statement makes no sense, since Treants are 100% mana free healing - you cant get more mana efficient than that.
    If there's no ICD on Omen of Clarity then ToL could be a mana gain. Unsure if there is an ICD on it though, can't seem to find an answer on Google.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iv had OoC procs one right after another, just have to get alot of lifeblooms out. I dont belive theres an icd.