Enhance talents for Heroic Lei Shen.

Hello all! My guild finally downed Heroic Animus last night and we plan on spending our entire raid night tonight (and extending our lockout next week as well if necessary) on downing Lei Shen.

After a brief run down of the fight and a few attempts just to get a feel for the incoming damage/new mechanics, I was starting to wonder if Primal Elementalist would be the best choice for this fight. Considering all of the moving around from conduit to conduit Lei Shen is doing, I feel as if I'm not getting the full benefit of my empowered elemental since he has to chase the boss around.

This brings me to my question. Has anyone with Heroic Lei Shen experience dabbled around with Elemental Blast for this fight? I've read that it sims higher than Unleashed Fury. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I came out lurking on this site and finally made an account just to ask this question. However, due to my newbie status, I am unable to post links to my armory and whatnot.

Bloodlines US-Kil'jaeden

Deleted
    EM+ glyphed PE, Healing Storm and Healing Stream Glyph are my advice. You will have EM+PE from the pull, when you begin P2 and next time you have it up you will be in P3.

Some say Spirit Walk for more uptime during pillars but if you position yourself 1 or 2 seconds ahead at max range in front of him and quickly switch to GW you should have no problem. I also used Astral Shift.

Tips:
    Try to save Spirit Walk for intermissions, if you use GW and SW while running towards the center you will stay in the same place.
    Lightning Balls spawn on a 45s timer, drop Capacitor when they spawn.
    Healing Stream is your friend, every moment of this fight.
    MSW5 Healing Rain is ridiculously awesome in P3.
    Even better if you use Primal Earth Ele to channel Reinforce on you for +healing and the barskin effect.

Can't remember more from the top of my head.

I haven't killed Heroic Lei Shen but my first talent build would be Primal Elementalist with the Glyph of Fire Elemental making it available at the beginning of each phase along with Ascendance and using Elemental Mastery with it and then right off the CD.

No data to back it up, just thinking outloud.

Ancestral Guidance procs healing from Static Shock. Incredibly powerful if you use it when you're targeted. Projection is good if you use grounding to avoid the diffusion chain damage, since grounding blocks the damage portion, just not the adds spawning.

Depending on your guild, taking glyph of Fire Ele is 50/50. You take it, you have it up the start of each phase, don't, you have a longer FE in P3 which is the only meaningful DPS burn, so it's dependent on your setup. Spirit Walk Glyph means you can use it to stay ahead on the transition to overcharge so if you're targeted you're in melee, and will still be back up for helm of command in intermissions, which is big, but again strategy dependent.

In regards to top tier talent, Primal Elementalist is the absolute best on this fight, by a lot. P3 is the most punishing part, the faster you do it, the easier the fight, so burst CDs are preferable.

I appreciate the tips everyone. After a whole raid night spent slowly progressing, our best attempt was around 20%. Everyone in our group was new to the fight and I heard from multiple people that getting to Phase 3 on the first night of attempts was very good. From my understanding, it takes most guilds well over 100+ tries to get this guy down. I think we stopped for the night somewhere around attempt number 65.

Also wordup, I am slightly confused about what you said in regards to Ancestral Guidance. Are you saying that since I'm the one causing the damage from the static shock to my raid members (if I'm targeted, of course), it will proceed to heal us for 40% of that amount if I have AG active? I hardly ever use HTT, but I was for this encounter simply because I had nothing to attack during the intermissions and that is mostly where a healing cooldown was needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlines View Post
    Also wordup, I am slightly confused about what you said in regards to Ancestral Guidance. Are you saying that since I'm the one causing the damage from the static shock to my raid members (if I'm targeted, of course), it will proceed to heal us for 40% of that amount if I have AG active? I hardly ever use HTT, but I was for this encounter simply because I had nothing to attack during the intermissions and that is mostly where a healing cooldown was needed.
    Basically, yes. When you proc the damage on your raid members from static shock, the damage caused works through AG, as you caused it. As far as I'm aware it works for a good majority of friendly fire as well, strange interaction but it's really funny to watch the whole raid instantly get lay on hands whenever I get static shock'd
    Last edited by wordup; 2013-07-26 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlines View Post
    This brings me to my question. Has anyone with Heroic Lei Shen experience dabbled around with Elemental Blast for this fight? I've read that it sims higher than Unleashed Fury. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    You never use EB in PvE as enha no matter what. The talent is beyond shit compared to UF and PE.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......