Spec for Heroic Durumu

I am guessing survival instead of BM due to the adds and ice walls?

Depends on your raid comp (10-man perspective). If you have a warlock and an ele shaman in your group, you're probably not going to need any AoE gain for walls that SV might be able to bring, and you'd be losing out on the non-trivial single-target and burst DPS gain you'd get by playing BM.

I prefer to go BM and beast cleave off the boss when icewalls come up.

BM with Barrage, if they need your DPS on walls. If not BM

BM is obvious choice for this fight.

BM. Barrage optional depending on group comp. You can also hug a wall and use glaive toss to cleave the walls. You may need to cast glaive and then move to the wall because sometimes there are line of sight issues.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-07-26 at 09:33 AM.

is beast cleave (or explosive trap) hiting walls when u targeting boss only?
    usually i put exp trap on right set of walls and sending pet there.

Quote Originally Posted by yakuz View Post
    is beast cleave (or explosive trap) hiting walls when u targeting boss only?
    usually i put exp trap on right set of walls and sending pet there.
    Yes.
    /chars

Deleted
    10 or 25man, out of interest?

Like most said though, BM will be fine, Beast Cleave and Barrage is sufficient. If it's 25man and you have plenty Locks and/or Ele Shamans I doubt it'll matter too much either way

dont know if it is for 10 or 25, but here is my 25m log from last night. BM no barrage. I tend to just position so that my GT hits one wall both directions and BW+beast cleave on boss during walls. Put your pet on passive and keep it on durumu att all times for maximum dmg output.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amonir View Post
    Put your pet on passive and keep it on durumu att all times for maximum dmg output.
    I'm happy at least one person pointed this out. You need to manually move your pet almost on top of Durumu or else it will only hit 1 wall or worse, no walls at all.

in 10 man walls have no health to pop more than 2 beast cleave, our shaman just eat the walls same with our 2 locks. all the parses i seen i notice that im doing almost 4 more million to adds than most hunters, you guys dont switch to crimson adds?

if i dont switch to adds we prolly wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    in 10 man walls have no health to pop more than 2 beast cleave, our shaman just eat the walls same with our 2 locks. all the parses i seen i notice that im doing almost 4 more million to adds than most hunters, you guys dont switch to crimson adds?

if i dont switch to adds we prolly wipe.
    If I'm controlling the red beam I will. I stay with a bunch of ranged in the yellow beams usually and we just keep burning the boss and any amber adds that pop up.
    The melee we assign to red beams handle them plenty fine so usually isn't a need for us to help out lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

BM + Barrage is what I play, depending on the setup. Sometimes it's more benefitial to go glaive toss since you might only get to dps 1 wall depending on your raid dps.

I went ahead and did sv for our first kill, we had the dps to kill this boss way before enrage, so my main concern was to help with the ice walls. Also, when it came to target switching my pet was running around less which was nice. Just don't wear a iL 458 pvp trinket for your first kill, I'll never hear the end of it.

we allways use all melee in red beam and all the range in yellow beam. Range nuke the living shit out of durumu and melee takes care of red ads. They do however call out if the need help. Keeping the pet on passive+attacking durumu (ofc) makes the switching only affecting me and my SrS so theres no loss what so ever when dealing with yellow ads. Only time we wipe on this encounter is when he randomly displays a blue ad without any beam being close or icewalls gets angry and moves their hitbox
    For a bit more ice wall dmg (if needed) just go for the barrage spec. Gt is just way more effective (in overall dmg) and easier to handle.

Deleted
    I prefer SV over BM on Durumu since our raid comp doesn't have an Ele shaman