Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i like how people think she will come even close to ironforges gate, last thing i remember theres a long winding path up too ironforge
    if ironforge gets alerted ahead the gnomes could put all sorts of suprises on that path, landmines for example

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

The first Ashbringer died from being stabbed in the back. I still don't see how Tirion is immune to the Blight. He was not immune to magic block of ice either, remember?
    Pretty sure Paladins are immune to the Plague, but I'm not sure if the Blight is different. I'm going to assume they're the same thing though.

"As paladins were immune to the Plague (and indeed all diseases), many members of the Order survived the initial push of the Scourge,"

It won't let me post a link since it's my first post, but it's on the Paladin wow wiki under the history section.

wowwiki.com/Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudofranz View Post
    Pretty sure Paladins are immune to the Plague, but I'm not sure if the Blight is different. I'm going to assume they're the same thing though.

"As paladins were immune to the Plague (and indeed all diseases), many members of the Order survived the initial push of the Scourge,"

It won't let me post a link since it's my first post, but it's on the Paladin wow wiki under the history section.

wowwiki.com/Paladin
    Bolvar didn't seem to be immune to the blight.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Sylvanas is not Metzen's favorite child so probably not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigowatt View Post
    I think she totally could.

All she has to do is sneak a little plague into IF, and let it spread. She is smart enough to find a way
    She couldn't take a lone city that was open to the air, and didn't have support (IE: Gilneas). You really think she's "smart" enough to take an underground city that's been around for ages?

Breast size doesn't necessarily correlate to brains, btw. Not sure if you knew that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockndrop View Post
    at most the forsaken could take from the wetlands north theyd have to completely destroy anyway to go into the highlands though.

they couldnt starve out ironforge because of the deeprun tram.
    But they're alos attacking SW with missiles...

Considering she had to rely on orcish support just to take Gilneas, no I don't think she could. The plague is powerful, but not enough to trump everything the alliance could throw at her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    She couldn't take a lone city that was open to the air, and didn't have support (IE: Gilneas). You really think she's "smart" enough to take an underground city that's been around for ages?

Breast size doesn't necessarily correlate to brains, btw. Not sure if you knew that.
    The fact that you assume that I called her smart because her breast size is pretty moronic.

I called her intelligent because she is, in fact, intelligent.

-She fooled the Arthas into thinking that she served him
    -She defeated the Scourge, AND the Scarlet Crusade to hold the land of her people
    -She played a large role in defeating the Lich King
    -Not only is she a master of strategy, but she is also one of the best archers in Azeroth
    -She is largely responsible for the Blood Elves being accepted into the Horde
    -If it wasn't for the aid of the rest of the Alliance, Sylvannas would have taken Gilneas.
    -She conquered Silverpine, and held it against the Alliance's push to reclaim it.

Don't assume I'm a sexist pig. Blizzard has had her do more than enough to show that she is, in fact, an intelligent and capable leader.

The fact that you assume that I called her smart because her breast size is pretty moronic.

I called her intelligent because she is, in fact, intelligent.

-She fooled the Arthas into thinking that she served him
    -She defeated the Scourge, AND the Scarlet Crusade to hold the land of her people
    -She played a large role in defeating the Lich King
    -Not only is she a master of strategy, but she is also one of the best archers in Azeroth
    -She is largely responsible for the Blood Elves being accepted into the Horde
    -If it wasn't for the aid of the rest of the Alliance, Sylvannas would have taken Gilneas.
    -She conquered Silverpine, and held it against the Alliance's push to reclaim it.

Don't assume I'm a sexist pig. Blizzard has had her do more than enough to show that she is, in fact, an intelligent and capable leader.
    When did that happen? The Forsaken dropped out of the story after Wrathgate and her appearance in the ICC 5-mans was at best a minor role.

Also, she had to bring in orcish support to take Gilneas. Yes night elves showed up to help but she also had orcs helping her. The only reason she won was he plague and that's not going to last her forever.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes. And yet you also assume that the plague spreads like a literal plague, when it doesn't... You also assume it was all of the alliance helping out gilneas, which it wasnt (just nightelves, working with the worgen who were too cursed to really function). You also forget that sylvanas is freaked out about the alliance already (tides of war reference someone else had, with her direct quote). You're also choosing to ignore all other arguments, such as the fact that all of the other factions would be rallying against her (both argents, druids, ebon blade, etc), and even the fact that a small group of gilnean rebels have been giving her so much grief she literally died from it.

So no, I'm not really assuming youre a sexist pig, youre kind of showing that fact off for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Bolvar didn't seem to be immune to the blight.
    Didn't Bolvar survive only to be captured and tortured by the Lich King? Also wasn't he hurt by the Red Dragon flight's fire and not the Blight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Boom, headshot.
    Why is this such a point against her to you? Is there any racial leader in Warcraft who could survive a point blank shotgun blast to the skull?

Deleted
    Didn't Bolvar survive only to be captured and tortured by the Lich King? Also wasn't he hurt by the Red Dragon flight's fire and not the Blight?
    He died to the blight, but got resurrected by the red dragon's flame and then taken to Icecrown Citadel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see her with the cooperation of Quel Thalas taking over the Arathi highland, Alterac, the Hinterlands and the Plaguelands. basically make all of the North part of a Forsaken+Blood Elf empire.

But they were never have any success south of the thandol span.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say it again since you didn't read my posts at all--it's a very big hit to her "established" leadership skills to think Godfrey was really for the Forsaken.
    Godfrey was a known worgen hater who had tried to negotiate with the Forsaken before his death (he was going to hand Greymane over to Sylvanas). It's not unreasonable for her to assume he'd cooperate with them now.

He's ironically one of the very few examples of risen Forsaken having a very good reason to join their new Lich Queen.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-07-26 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say it again since you didn't read my posts at all--it's a very big hit to her "established" leadership skills to think Godfrey was really for the Forsaken.
    We get it she's a poor judge of character and has been starscreamed like, thrice now.

He propably was, until he sensed weakness when she let Lorna live.

Deleted
    Nope. Also The Argent Crusade would move against her too. With the alliance and AC against her while the rest of the horde stays out of it or hell even go against her too, she would be utterly crushed.

Are you daft? The first Ashbringer, Alexandros Mograine was slain because in exhaustion his own SON stabbed him in the back. Tirion has NOTHING to distract him from his mossion if it came down to ridding Azeroth of that bitch Sylvanas. Also to all the Sylvanas fanboys claiming how powerful she is just yOutube how she got punked by Godfrey in Silverpine. Sylvanas is a joke of a character.
    Regardless of circumstances, Alexandros did die. So "herpa derp Tirion be da new Ashbringer" still doesn't convince me he'll survive a plague bomb straight to his damn face.

wowwiki.com/Paladin
    Well, the Blight is more of a very potent acid, pretty much like Scourge's Plague of Undeath when mixed with flesh giant's spines (from Icecrown daily from Koltira/Thassarian). I'm not sure how disease-y the Blight actually is. But it got Bolvar and however many paladins the Alliance brought to the Wrathgate. And with that being said, Scourge also created a strain of their disease Plague that could infect and raise paladins. It's just a matter of research.

To think of it, I wonder how much did the RAS discover after Lich King died. They always made a major breakthrough when the Scourge took a big hit. The first fall of Naxxramas, the Scourge invasion.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2013-07-26 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think its entirely possible but something i dont think they would write into the game. i could envision her enlisting some goblin help to drill/blast the mountain ironforge is nestled in, pour some plague down it while her forces keep everyone occupied at front gates. supplies could be cut off via the deeprun tram by her attacking stormwind first or in an entirely different twist she invades ironforge this way and ships plague bombs using the tram.

there are a lot of possibilities that could happen in this game, unfortunately in an mmo with an ongoing, live world, with 2 factions, taking a major city like that is not ideal unless you do the same to the other side. as it appears now the alliance could very well have razed ogrimmar to the ground after garrosh is dealt with but it appears that varian will "allow" the orc city to remain intact.