Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In Tides of Darkness, she was admittedly fearful of Alliance retaliation. She knows she can't stand up against the Humans, Dwarves, and Worgen should they launch an attack at once.

Sylvanas also, by the nature of her people, can't reproduce soldiers as fast. In Siege of Orgrimmar, all factions on both sides suffered casualties and Sylvanas didn't exactly have a grand army to begin with after the Worgen began to turn many Alliance in the Gilneas/Silverpine battles into Worgen to prevent them from being raised by the Val'kyr. The Humans, Dwarves, and Gnomes have a much more easily replenished military, only having to wait a bit of time for recruits and not force battles to resurrect the dead. The Forsaken's population has been dwindling over time.

And if Sylvanas ever went full conquering mode, the Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade would join against her so fast that she wouldn't stand a chance. They're already watching her carefully after Gilneas.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    That plague was only slightly more effective than sewage, they had to water it down because orcs are weak pieces of shit. Even catapult operators noticed that.

It wasnt magical ressistance of worgen, it was Garrosh and his idiotic understanding of warfare.

Its like if Varian decided to replace all bullets in Dwarven guns with peas to make it more fair.
    I'd like to take some time to apologize to Mehrunes. This above poster is the biggest Forsaken fanboy ever. Orcs are weak pieces of shit? The race that could have single-handedly taken Azeroth over had it not been for a civil war? Sure, alright. Moron.

Infracted. Flaming is not tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-26 at 07:48 PM.

i'd like to think she could conquer the eastern kingdoms eventually, i'd love to see a future version of that play out where the plague ramps up massively.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week i'm going to Comic Con Australia in beautiful Sydney!

I stand by my assessment that Sylvanas could probably pull off a march as far south as the Stonewrought Dam or even Blackrock (minus Dun Murogh) if she went into invasion mode. I think my broader point was missed -- there is no upside in doing so because she could never hope to hold her winnings.

Smartest thing Sylvanas could do to secure her territory would be to give Stromgarde the treatment she gave Southshore, just render it a useless pile of crap, and then fortify the hell out of the wall. That, or blitz Arathi and claim Stromgarde and cut off the Alliance's main forces at the Thandol Span. The Argent Crusade and the Ebon Blade are actually probably not strong enough on their own to take on the Forsaken -- remember, these are not huge forces, they rely on player character (i.e. faction-based) help to get things done, and I doubt they'd pick that fight. Aerie Peak could probably be let alone since it has no real strategic threat to the rest of Lordaeron if it's so cut off.

She doesn't need to try to claim the entire Eastern Kingdoms to accomplish her stated goal of holding Lordaeron permanently as the home of the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    I'd like to take some time to apologize to Mehrunes. This above poster is the biggest Forsaken fanboy ever. Orcs are weak pieces of shit? The race that could have single-handedly taken Azeroth over had it not been for a civil war? Sure, alright. Moron.

Infracted. Flaming is not tolerated here
    Who are you anyway. Nevermind, we will propably not see you here for long.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

What makes any of you think Sylvanas is going to risk everything by meeting all her enemies in the field at the same time? I mean, really, do you think she's that stupid? Just marching on Ironforge, leaving literally everything she has exposed, risking the Forsaken in a single siege? Nothing stops Sylvanas from slowly tightening her grip over the north, gradually taking over by conquering smaller pieces of land. The alliance should have a hard time drawing a line. When does she go so far it warrants a full scale intervention?

Quote Originally Posted by Draghonfourt View Post
    What makes any of you think Sylvanas is going to risk everything by meeting all her enemies in the field at the same time? I mean, really, do you think she's that stupid? Just marching on Ironforge, leaving literally everything she has exposed, risking the Forsaken in a single siege? Nothing stops Sylvanas from slowly tightening her grip over the north, gradually taking over by conquering smaller pieces of land. The alliance should have a hard time drawing a line. When does she go so far it warrants a full scale intervention?
    How long do you think she can manage that exactly? How far until the argents turn on her? Do you think the Alliance will stand idly by if she sieges Aerie Peak?

Who are you anyway. Nevermind, we will propably not see you here for long.
    Who am I? It doesn't matter, what does is that you seem like you'd want to be the new forsaken leader.

what does is that you seem like you'd want to be the new forsaken leader.
    If it was possible, yes.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

If it was possible, yes.
    That's not admitting bias at all.

If it was possible, yes.
    Sadly it isn't because Nathanos doesn't like imbecilic superiors.

That's not admitting bias at all.
    Here's a shocking revelation for you. When you go to fan sites sometimes you find fans.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Here's a shocking revelation for you. When you go to fan sites sometimes you find fans.
    I won't believe this until I see hard data.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

I think not. The horde wouldn't allow outright genocide. On top of that, she would have the Argent Crusade, Ebon Blade, Cenarion circle, and possibly the dragon flights breathing down her neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    I think not. The horde wouldn't allow outright genocide. On top of that, she would have the Argent Crusade, Ebon Blade, Cenarion circle, and possibly the dragon flights breathing down her neck.
    Is it really genocide against the humans if she brings them back to life?
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Is it really genocide against the humans if she brings them back to life?
    As something they probably didn't want to be in the first place? And considering the fact you'd be 'undead,' yes I'd call it genocide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

As something they probably didn't want to be in the first place? And considering the fact you'd be 'undead,' yes I'd call it genocide.
    Yeah. They're not being killed and then put back to normal like they were wished back with the dragon plot convenience balls, they're brought back as undead, who cannot have children, have rotting senses, etc. Maybe you could try and argue it's not technically genocide but certainly not a temporary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Yeah. They're not being killed and then put back to normal like they were wished back with the dragon plot convenience balls, they're brought back as undead, who cannot have children, have rotting senses, etc.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-26 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    This.

The Forsaken had trouble holding Silverpine against the GLF with Orcs to help them. There's no way Sylvanas could launch a serious attack against Ironforge and Stormwind.
    Only problem she had with the Worgen was that they couldn't be raised as forsaken. And they were vicious bloodthirsty werewolves Stormwind and Ironforge have neither of those advantages, and Sylvanas ended up winning against the Worgen.
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Legendary!
    I think not. The horde wouldn't allow outright genocide.
    fighting over land/politics/or even religion is not genocide
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"