Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Yeah those are banned too
    Dont remember catapults flinging firebombs filled with tar being banned in medieval times. That would be pretty funny if actually someone tried to ban that.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    If you can't work this out, then I'm very worried for your mental wellbeing.
    Im so touched.......
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    A barrel of gas can be aimed just as well as a high explosive shell.
    Airbourne plauge cant differentiate? Well neither can the explosion, shockwave, fire, and fragmentation of a bomb.
    A weapon is a weapon and they all do the same thing, kill and destroy
    So if I pump your house with neurotoxin it will be the same as throwng a grenade in your kitchen?
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    So if I pump your house with neurotoxin it will be the same as throwng a grenade in your kitchen?
    ....Who said anything about pumping a confined space full of gas? Gas bomb vs grenade would be the comparison you are looking for.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Legendary!
    either way Ill be dead, so not much difference to me
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    ....Who said anything about pumping a confined space full of gas? Gas bomb vs grenade would be the comparison you are looking for.
    Not really, im looking for Mass destruction vs a limited destruction kind of weapons.
    rogue "glory hole helm"

At least with the neurotoxin I could still have a open funeral.

either way Ill be dead, so not much difference to me
    You wont be dead if you are in the toilet at the time. Meanwhile if There is neurotoxin in your house you and everyone in that house will be dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    At least with the neurotoxin I could still have a open funeral.
    Or be reanimated by a hot Val'kyr.
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Following the OP's logic (ranged missiles? WTH?) the dwarves would close up all entrances and instead use the tunnels underneath Khaz'Modan (and dig new ones) and start taking out every single undead siege weaponry stealthily with the help of the gnomes. Or even before that, they would just barricade the bridge of Dun Modr and prepare cannons on the shores of the Khaz mountains to sink any would-be-attacking ship of the undead.

To be honest, if it was RL, Ironforge would be incredibly hard to attack due to it's natural barriers.
    Last edited by WyvernVJ; 2013-07-26 at 11:52 PM.

Legendary!
    Not really, im looking for Mass destruction vs a limited destruction kind of weapons.
    lots of limited destruction = mass destruction
    Dropping a nuke on a city is little different from dropping thousands of high explosives and incidenaries

- - - Updated - - -

You wont be dead if you are in the toilet at the time. Meanwhile if There is neurotoxin in your house you and everyone in that house will be dead.
    but if your trying to kill me why only use one grenade?

Toxins are only deadly at certain concentrations. Using a bomb in an open area (like what the Forsaken do) is way less effective than sticking a hose into someone's house and pumping it full of gas. The concentrations are orders of magnitude different.

Shit, people can just hide in their houses and close the windows and they'd be fine from a Blight bomb. A fire bomb would burn them alive in their homes (or smoke inhalation from their burning house).

If you throw a gas bomb in the kitchen, he'd still be fine on the toilet.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-26 at 11:54 PM.
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

Quote Originally Posted by WyvernVJ View Post
    Following the OP's logic (ranged missiles? WTH?) the dwarves would close up all entrances and instead use the tunnels underneath Khaz'Modan (and dig new ones) and start taking out every singly undead siege stealthidly with the help of gnomes. Or even before that, they would just barricade the bridge of Dun Modr and prepare cannons on the shores of the Khaz mountains to sink any would-be-attacking ship of the undead.

To be honest, if it was RL, Ironforge would be incredibly hard to attack due to it's natural barriers.
    I came up with a better strategy since the OP.

Attack Stormwind first by littering it with plague bombs, and then penetrate Ironforge by taking the tram.

Dont remember catapults flinging firebombs filled with tar being banned in medieval times. That would be pretty funny if actually someone tried to ban that.
    What? You cannot use incendiary weapons against towns period because they tend to kill indiscriminately and spread uncontrollably. I'm not talking about medieval times, I'm talking right now where we have much better counters than shovels of dirt.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I came up with a better strategy since the OP.

Attack Stormwind first by littering it with plague bombs, and then penetrate Ironforge by taking the tram.
    Getting to Stormwind without taking IF is going to be a lot harder than you make it sound.

Legendary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Getting to Stormwind without taking IF is going to be a lot harder than you make it sound.
    Naval invasion?
    It cant that much harder than marching on Ironforge. Since Ironforge is quite a bit of distance to Undercity so supply lines and what not would be a bit streched

Naval invasion?
    It cant that much harder than marching on Ironforge. Since Ironforge is quite a bit of distance to Undercity so supply lines and what not would be a bit streched
    A naval invasion wouldn't be so easy either. Long way from Lordaeron, and as far as I know the forsaken navy isn't known for being particularly deadly. Stormwind also has submarines.

lots of limited destruction = mass destruction
    Dropping a nuke on a city is little different from dropping thousands of high explosives and incidenaries

- - - Updated - - -

but if your trying to kill me why only use one grenade?
    Cause I want to live in your house and I rather not destroy it.

Also, limited destruction can be aimed more precisely, while mass destruction is mass destruction.

- - - Updated - - -

A naval invasion wouldn't be so easy either. Long way from Lordaeron, and as far as I know the forsaken navy isn't known for being particularly deadly. Stormwind also has submarines.
    Stormwind navy will obliterate any forsaken navy they send. Their navy is now bigger than what Kul Tiras had. Wich was the biggest navy in Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    What? You cannot use incendiary weapons against towns period because they tend to kill indiscriminately and spread uncontrollably. I'm not talking about medieval times, I'm talking right now where we have much better counters than shovels of dirt.
    Because weapons now and specially incediaries are a lot more efective than a jug filled with tar and set on fire thrown over in your side of the wall.
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Is it possible Sylvanas and the Forsaken would be successful in conquering the entire Eastern Kingdoms down the road?

Say a decade has passed since the events of Cata and Sylvanas has had time to build a massive Forsaken army with the aid of her Val'kyr's.
    Deciding her Forsaken need more living space combined with her hatred for the Alliance she decide's it's time to launch an all out assault.
    During this time she has also been able to obtain "ballistic plague missiles" or bombs with the aid of Goblin technology.
    Her first move is to launch several of these plague missiles/bombs into the heart of Stormwind and Ironforge, which ends up killing countless citizen's in both cities.
    After this her Forsaken army begins to march south from the Trisfall Glades out to first conquer Ironforge and then Stormwind.
    Also everyone slaughtered by the Forsaken is then resurrected by the Val'kyr as a new recruit of Sylvanas's army.

Would the Alliance be able to recover from such a devastating attack and emerge victorious or would they be doomed as the Eastern Kingdom's fall under complete control by Sylvanas and her Forsaken?
    Even with the right plague and the Val'kyrs, she doesn't have the military strenght yet. But this can build up with necromancy on fallen enemies armies.

Sylvanas should first move her army to icecrown citadel, awaken and challenge Lichking Bolvar and heir him as the right heir, she was touched and tortured by Arthas long ago, maybe he lives on in her in a way and the Val'kyr obviously accept her, too.

Well, i said it quite a few times in other threads, too.

After she got Icecrown she might be ready to conquer the eastern kingdoms.

However, the main problem is indeed Ironforge. That city seems more fortified and a darker place than even UC. if i would be Sylvanas i would ignore Ironforge and block the passes that leads to Elwynn forest and SW. Just concentrate on the fall of SW. And deal with the rest later.

Pfft. Just walk along the sea floor like in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Toxins are only deadly at certain concentrations. Using a bomb in an open area (like what the Forsaken do) is way less effective than sticking a hose into someone's house and pumping it full of gas. The concentrations are orders of magnitude different.

Shit, people can just hide in their houses and close the windows and they'd be fine from a Blight bomb. A fire bomb would burn them alive in their homes (or smoke inhalation from their burning house).

If you throw a gas bomb in the kitchen, he'd still be fine on the toilet.
    From the wrathgate i saw that plague bombs tend to explode quite violently. Have fun surviving when one goes right trough your window. (or roof, whatever)
    rogue "glory hole helm"