Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Really, if the Forsaken were strong enough to take over EK on their own, they wouldn't even BE in the Horde, they're only there because they need the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    From the wrathgate i saw that plague bombs tend to explode quite violently. Have fun surviving when one goes right trough your window. (or roof, whatever)
    You aren't going to survive a firebomb crashing through your house either. But if a firebomb hits your neighbor, your house is going up in flames too. If a Plague bomb hits your neighbor, you'll be fine if you close the windows.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You aren't going to survive a firebomb crashing through your house either. But if a firebomb hits your neighbor, your house is going up in flames too. If a Plague bomb hits your neighbor, you'll be fine if you close the windows.
    You will if you have a shovel and dirt apparently.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You aren't going to survive a firebomb crashing through your house either.
    Remind me, how did that fire/plague thing started? I mean, both are kind of mass destruction weapons, yea? The diffrence being one is meant to damage property and the other is meant to kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    How exactly could you bomb iron forge? Also WC2 horde had full support of the Burning Legion. They would make the forsaken armies of today weep.
    Only an idiot would lay siege on iron forge, its a mountainfortress. I say block the mountainpasses.

Legendary!
    Cause I want to live in your house and I rather not destroy it.
    wells whats better, me keeping an intact house or no one having a destroyed house?
    Its why people employ scorched Earth tactics
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    The WC2 Horde didn't have the plague.

How long could Ironforge defend itself against constant "Plague bombing" ?
    how about for all eternity? Its a friggin mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    how about for all eternity? Its a friggin mountain?
    yes it's a mountain, find a way to fill the air vents with the plague and they're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    Get big bucket
    Fill with plague
    Pour into city
    Keep pouring until city is full

Boom. Just conquered Ironforge.
    the weak spot of ironforge is that underground train that leads to sw. By that tunnel they could bring the plague into ironforge. A pretty big weakness, if this gets deployed before the dwarves even know about sylvanas campaign to conquer the EK.

So, yeah if you got the plague you got an huge advantage. You also got an huge advantage if you soldiers are allready dead. They walk day and night, never get tired and exhausted, do not need to eat, can walk underwater, can defend a fortress forever and never starve, there is proably more i just remember right now.

Actually its just all a game and for the sake of progessing the story and since its just a game the scourge lost in the first place - realisticly i would never see that happen not with the plague, that counless armies and war machiene that ice crown is and that big ice crown citadel.

the forsaken are just a smaller scourge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    yes it's a mountain, find a way to fill the air vents with the plague and they're screwed.
    Well, as i said before the subway is the weakest spot of Iron Forge.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    You blatantly disregarded the circumstances that led to his demise. The blight is NOT this amazing auto win tool you're making it out to be.
    The keywords is "demise". Ashbringer died. Wielding that sword does not make you a fucking god. And the Blight killed other paladins, including one strong enough to resist Lich King's attempts to break his will for weeks. When Alexandors Super-Duper Ashbringer was raised and enslaved by mere Kel'thuzad.

The Blight also weakened Lich King himself, even though his armour was supposed to make him invulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    In Tides of Darkness, she was admittedly fearful of Alliance retaliation. She knows she can't stand up against the Humans, Dwarves, and Worgen should they launch an attack at once.
    And if Sylvanas ever went full conquering mode, the Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade would join against her so fast that she wouldn't stand a chance. They're already watching her carefully after Gilneas.
    Quite frankly since Tides of Darkness humans, Dwarves and Gnomes participated on many fronts of the Horde-Alliance war and lost a ton of troops. While Sylvanas waited and fortified her holdings (well, not lorewise since she has been ignored lately, but logic dictates that). I'm not saying it would allow her to roflstomp Eastern Kingdoms, but it would make the Alliance much harder to roflstomp her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    How long do you think she can manage that exactly? How far until the argents turn on her? Do you think the Alliance will stand idly by if she sieges Aerie Peak?
    And how are they going to resupply Aerie Peak if she decides to besiege it? If Aerie Peak is besieged the last hostile (to the Forsaken) force in Lordaeron would be stopped from interfering in destruction of Thandol Span by Sylvanas' troops.

Without that bridge the Alliance would need to either move their fleet to eastern Hinterlands, kill Raventusk first and then climb the ramp of death leading from the shore to mainland Hinterlands or land in Hillsbrad, where they could as well march into Southshore, bath in the plague and die and save Forsaken the time.

It's the same deal as Andorhal all over again. Alliance has shit supply lines in Lordaeron. That's why their strongholds there will eventually fall one by one. And why would argents care about Wildhammer Dwarves again? They didn't care about farmers being resurrected right on their doorstep.

Im giving Sylvanas' army chance of getting into wetlands and not further. They will be spotted by scouts and spies and armed response will be given. The forsaken army is not built for war of attrition, nevermind they can raise humans to their cause. Most newly raised humans are straight out useless because they either become morons when they are raised, or they are so confused they can barely hold a blade, even if they were trained warriors in life.
    The Forsaken barely need any supplies, and fallen enemy soldiers (and possibly their own) add to their ranks. In Siege of Orgrimmar sound files Sylvanas wants to resurrect fallen Horde troops, so the Val'kyr can resurrect more than humans now. Or maybe they always could resurrect Horde races and we just didn't know? Their limits are too foggy, unexplained and overly complicated to be honest. They are built for war of attrition. Also newly risen Forsaken are usually capable, just frenzied (which makes them easy to manipulate). Look at Ambermill. Entire town resurrected and ready to fight just a few quests later.

And Sylvanas shouldn't even get into Wetlands. It would create too many fronts to defend it. She should, and - after increasing her hold over Lordaeron, while the Alliance fought Garrosh - possibly could conquer the rest of Lordaeron that is not AC/Silvermoon controlled.

Oh, and to add-on on my opinion, Forsaken reanimation is not like Scourge reanimation. Humans resurrected by the forsaken still have a mind of their own, and some of theese newly-raised forsaken, especially people killed by them moments earlier, might turn on the forsaken themselves. Wich causes chaos.
    The reanimation actually sounds similar. It's just that the undead risen by Scourge still had consciousness, so in a way, they still had mind of their own, but Lich King's will overpowered theirs and effectively enslaved them. The short story about Kel'thuzad shows it in a great way. And higher rank Scourge even was able to speak about being enslaved. Mostly the Nerubians.

A naval invasion wouldn't be so easy either. Long way from Lordaeron, and as far as I know the forsaken navy isn't known for being particularly deadly. Stormwind also has submarines.
    But the Forsaken actually have one of the biggest navies. For long while they were the main navy of the Horde. And they did beat human fleet in Howling Fjords. Which was one of the very few naval skirmishes. Warcraft could use more.

Really, if the Forsaken were strong enough to take over EK on their own, they wouldn't even BE in the Horde, they're only there because they need the Horde.
    That's totally true. Although Sylvanas was left alone for two years so their need for the Horde is lower than it used to be. But she still aids the rebellion in 5.4 so she thinks the pros of being in the Horde still outweigh the cons. Or maybe she just wanted to see Garrosh die.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyScout View Post
    I suggest we remove mounts, and instead opt to use a similar system. Because of the cataclysm, every single character starts out with a broken spine, and so is completely paralyzed from the waist down. This means you need to get by with only your arms for movement, reducing movement speed by 90% of normal running speed. At 60, you can pay a fee of 5000 gold for a bitchin' Drek'thar brand wheelchair, increasing your speed to 50% of normal speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Hey Elsa, do you wanna build a strawmaaaan?

Is Sylvanas part of the Horde?

The forsaken do NOT I repeat DO NOT have undead dragons NONE ZIP NADDA if they didn't bring it out during the Gilnean campaign then chances are they don't have it.

as for Ironforge everyone keeps suggesting blockades, or using air vents or the tram to get plague in but here's the problem

Blockades won't work so long as alliance mages can maintain portal to get supplies as seen in the dark portal battle.

Ironforge doesn't have air vents or at least any in easily accessible areas

as for the tram its not exactly an open vulnerable spot its protected by deep ocean, stone, dirt, and patrolling gnomish subs

Forsakens best bet would be a naval force and hope nobody attacks home base while your out on a campaign
    The world was just as bad when you were young as it is today. You only see it now because of your age.

I give up. So many Sylvanas or Forsagen fanboys that I dont even know what to say. No matter how many people use argumentes They will not find reason. " oh but she FORSAGENS plague, could just wipe out everything, and then ressourcting Dragons,(Since no where have she/the forsagen, done it before, but yeah, ofc they can, and hell they can ressorrect a milion of them, only makes sence -_- ) And then assinate all the dangers people and getting away with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Some one please answer me this. For all the fanboys who say she would be able to take over Eastern kingdom.

1: How will she Be able to get to the citys?
    2: How will she Not anger Agen dawn /ebon blade
    3: How and why would the horde not go aginst her(Even garrosh was aginst useing the Plague)
    4: How would she be able to Fight in a starit up fight? The Forsagen got hardly any Air army, and not any major fleet.
    Yes she got the Val'kyr, but They are also mortales, Is it not likely that the alliance Would send a strike team after them? Since she does not have that many of them.
    (i am 20 and dyslexic so yes i suck at spelling)

it's a game and a story that guys made up. nothing has to follow logic. if they want something to happen they make it happen no matter what reasoning you come up with on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I give up. So many Sylvanas or Forsagen fanboys that I dont even know what to say. No matter how many people use argumentes They will not find reason. " oh but she FORSAGENS plague, could just wipe out everything, and then ressourcting Dragons,(Since no where have she/the forsagen, done it before, but yeah, ofc they can, and hell they can ressorrect a milion of them, only makes sence -_- ) And then assinate all the dangers people and getting away with it.
    The Forsaken have always been able to disassemble their bodies and conglomerate into a giant flying dragon. Like Sapphiron but from multiple Forsaken. Duh.
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Some one please answer me this. For all the fanboys who say she would be able to take over Eastern kingdom.

1: How will she Be able to get to the citys?
    2: How will she Not anger Agen dawn /ebon blade
    3: How and why would the horde not go aginst her(Even garrosh was aginst useing the Plague)
    4: How would she be able to Fight in a starit up fight? The Forsagen got hardly any Air army, and not any major fleet.
    Yes she got the Val'kyr, but They are also mortales, Is it not likely that the alliance Would send a strike team after them? Since she does not have that many of them.
    This is what some tend to ignore. Even if Sylvanas grew the balls to go conquest mode, she already has the Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade ready to come down hard on her. They're watching her very closely after Gilneas and Andorhal. They wouldn't just sit back while she went on a mass plaguing and necromancy rampage.

The only difference between Sylvanas and the Lich King is the size of their army and the will to use it. Even if Sylvanas grew the balls to try her luck against the Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Worgen, there's no way she would also be able to hold up against the Kirin Tor, Ebon Blade, and Argent Crusade who would back up the Alliance. Especially when she would be on her own. The Horde forces on Kalimdor would be too indebted to the Alliance to send aid to help her and the Blood Elves already disprove of her use of necromancy. It would be the Forsaken vs the world and she would be crushed handily. She simply doesn't have the troop numbers to contend.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-07-27 at 01:58 AM.

The only difference between Sylvanas and the Lich King is the size of their army and the will to use it. Even if Sylvanas could put up a fight in a battle against the Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Worgen, there's no way she would also be able to hold up against the Ebon Blade and Argent Crusade who would back up the Alliance.
    And at that point the rest of the Horde would either abandon all support or they'd march on Undercity themselves like they did during the 'Forsaken Rebellion' (honestly in light of more recent events, I have to wonder how rebellious they really were).

The Forsaken are a dangerous ally to have already, having them violate the 'no Plague' rule would piss them off. At the very least the Blood Elves would sever relations, Lor'themar's response to Sylvanas' request to raise fallen Blood Elves alone tells us what they think of it!

The only difference between Sylvanas and the Lich King is the size of their army and the will to use it.
    No, the difference between Sylvanas and the Lich King is that the LK kept his underlings as mindslaves and feasted on their souls for power; Sylvanas doesn't.

Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    With her OP ability to raise the dead including her enemies dead and adding that to her force. I would say she would have no problem conquering everything but Iron Forge. Unless she can place spies inside the city itself. Or somehow attack it via the tram-way, which would probably be destroyed in the event she takes Stormwind. I would say its near impossible. The horde couldn't do it back when Doomhammer was warchief, and they had Gul'dans death knights. So I don't think it would be any different now, unless she has some kind of dues ex machina device hidden somewhere. I should add that she would probably have a hard time with Silvermoon only due to the fact that they have now regained their Sunwell and all the power that comes with it. Only reason Arthas was able to take the "golden city" was because he had Frostmourne and inside help. Otherwise he would have been destroyed by its magical defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    With her OP ability to raise the dead including her enemies dead and adding that to her force. I would say she would have no problem conquering everything but Iron Forge. Unless she can place spies inside the city itself. Or somehow attack it via the tram-way, which would probably be destroyed in the event she takes Stormwind. I would say its near impossible. The horde couldn't do it back when Doomhammer was warchief, and they had Gul'dans death knights. So I don't think it would be any different now, unless she has some kind of dues ex machina device hidden somewhere. I should add that she would probably have a hard time with Silvermoon only due to the fact that they have now regained their Sunwell and all the power that comes with it. Only reason Arthas was able to take the "golden city" was because he had Frostmourne and inside help. Otherwise he would have been destroyed by its magical defenses.
    Sure she could take over everything... if we ignore all the various factions that would put an end to her romping around. The Horde and Alliance would team up, again, along with Ebon Hold, Argent Crusade, plus any other faction that cares enough to put their foot down. She may be OP on a one on one fight but would quickly find herself overwhelmed real fast if she tried to wage a fight that large.