Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I don't know but the Nilfgaard can definitely take the Northern Kingdoms.

    On-topic: I definitely don't think so (oxymoron?). Ironforge is a fortress. Stormwind now has Jaina. The entirety of the Horde at it's strongest couldn't take either let alone Sylvanas.

    That said I don't think the Alliance could ever take Kalimdor either.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Theres a big giant gate at the front. Aim a bomb straight at that, the plague is bound to flow through.
    No... the door of Ironforge is quite literally impenetrable. once it closes the city is sealed off from danger. over 10 feet of iron (likely enchanted to boot) separate the inside from danger.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The WCII Horde Had Death Knights, Ogres, Trolls, and quite a large host of Demon infused bloodthirsty Orcs, the Forsaken Military might couldn't even compare. I mean The Plague doesn't even guaruntee victory, look at Gilneas, a Kingdom that had been devastated by the Worgen Curse caused a standstill and had Sylvanas go for a truce, with just the aid of the Night Elves, Now imagine them trying to go up against the Worgen, Gnomes, Dwarves and Humans, which are the backbone of the Alliance, factor in the Argent Crusade and possibly even the Knights of the Ebon Blade getting involved, not to mention anyone else in the EK that opposes the Lich Queen, she'd be over with by the time the thought even appeared in her head.
    Silvermoon might join the Alliance cause as well. Lor'themar is no fool, he would never tolerate a Lich Queen on his doorstep.

  4. #44
    Warchief Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Google it
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The WCII Horde Had Death Knights, Ogres, Trolls, and quite a large host of Demon infused bloodthirsty Orcs, the Forsaken Military might couldn't even compare. I mean The Plague doesn't even guaruntee victory, look at Gilneas, a Kingdom that had been devastated by the Worgen Curse caused a standstill and had Sylvanas go for a truce, with just the aid of the Night Elves, Now imagine them trying to go up against the Worgen, Gnomes, Dwarves and Humans, which are the backbone of the Alliance, factor in the Argent Crusade and possibly even the Knights of the Ebon Blade getting involved, not to mention anyone else in the EK that opposes the Lich Queen, she'd be over with by the time the thought even appeared in her head.
    Basically Siege of Ogrimmar :Undercity Edition. Trust me Tirion would shove the Ashbringer so far up her ass there would be nothing but dust left.Pity to I really like the Foresaken(not Sylvanas)
    Last edited by Shroud; 2013-07-26 at 03:58 AM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Of course, because there's no character Blizzard and their stupid fans love circlejerking around more than Sylvanas.
    This is a valid point but in actuality I think if Blizzard did attempt such a scenario it would probably go down like I mentioned with neither side really being able to take the entirety of a continent.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    What if she marches North? Ooohhhh.

    Silvermoon becomes Forsaken.

    Theron has said that he was going to head to the Alliance. If that did happen, I can see Sylvanas raising an eyebrow and wanting her former home back.
    Even the horde would turn on her at that point as she would literally be the litch queen.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The WCII Horde Had Death Knights, Ogres, Trolls, and quite a large host of Demon infused bloodthirsty Orcs, the Forsaken Military might couldn't even compare. I mean The Plague doesn't even guaruntee victory, look at Gilneas, a Kingdom that had been devastated by the Worgen Curse caused a standstill and had Sylvanas go for a truce, with just the aid of the Night Elves, Now imagine them trying to go up against the Worgen, Gnomes, Dwarves and Humans, which are the backbone of the Alliance, factor in the Argent Crusade and possibly even the Knights of the Ebon Blade getting involved, not to mention anyone else in the EK that opposes the Lich Queen, she'd be over with by the time the thought even appeared in her head.
    The ONLY reason Gilneas could stand up to Sylvanas' might was because they were immune to the plague and it was completely unexpected. The rest of the Alliance is majorly susceptible to it and would fall quickly if we're speaking logically. But since this is a Blizzard game the Alliance would be able to somehow outsurvive anything the Horde could throw at it's doorstep.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The ONLY reason Gilneas could stand up to Sylvanas' might was because they were immune to the plague and it was completely unexpected. The rest of the Alliance is majorly susceptible to it and would fall quickly if we're speaking logically. But since this is a Blizzard game the Alliance would be able to somehow outsurvive anything the Horde could throw at it's doorstep.
    You don't think some of SW's citizens might be willing to infect themselves with the Worgen curse to fight the forsaken?

  9. #49
    Not likely. She's lost half her Val'kyr fighting over Lordaeron. How can she be expected to conquer Gilneas, Arathi, Ironforge and Stormwind when she can barely hold her own borders?

  10. #50
    Warchief Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Google it
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    You don't think some of SW's citizens might be willing to infect themselves with the Worgen curse to fight the forsaken?
    They will and have Duskwood is a good example of that.The local Guard willing took the curse to better protect the human settlements there.

  11. #51
    I always imagined she was capable of taking Lordaeron at least, but the neutral factions there would very likely stop her. Maybe just Arathi Highlands and Hinterlands.

  12. #52
    One faction (Undead) versus four (Dwarves, Humans, Gnomes, Worgen)? I see that going well, especially against the gnomes and their tactical nukes/dirty bombs.

  13. #53
    "Varian will march on our borders and destroy us!" -Sylvanas Windrunner, Tides of War

    Even if you think she was exaggerating in that scene, the fact that no one disagreed with her implies the Alliance forces in the EK are significantly stronger than the Horde forces there.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    How exactly could you bomb iron forge? Also WC2 horde had full support of the Burning Legion. They would make the forsaken armies of today weep.
    If you call being left to do it on their own "full support". The Orcs never had full support from the Legion for anything they did. Even when they were personally directed by Kil'Jaeden, the Orcs were doing things themselves. Full support of the Legion would be like WotA or Mount Hyjal.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  15. #55
    High Overlord Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    One faction (Undead) versus four (Dwarves, Humans, Gnomes, Worgen)? I see that going well, especially against the gnomes and their tactical nukes/dirty bombs.
    you realize one faction (Scourge) was capable of defeating every faction on Azeroth.

    It has been said multiple times that if the LK unleashed his entire army, he would have taken over Azeroth a long time ago.

    The Alliance/Horde were quite fortunate that Arthas actually held The Scourge back.

  16. #56
    In practical terms, if the Forsaken geared up for it, they could probably sieze control of everything north of the ruin of Stonewrought Dam. An aggressive campaign could even sweep down and around to occupy everything north of Blackrock except for Dun Murogh.

    Holding it all is another matter altogether, though. Ironforge is the most impregnable fortress left on Azeroth, and unless one could completely control Stormwind and/or destroy the Deeprun Tram, it could be resupplied indefinitely (notwithstanding mages and the like). Granted, a Forsaken army isn't like most, it necessarily has no need of resupply other than weapons and armor, but ultimately, they couldn't hold all that territory against an Alliance rally to support Ironforge.

  17. #57
    I'm sorry, but there's a thousand and one reasons why the forsaken would be crushed here. Hell, they wouldn't even make it to Ironforge. With the Scourge dealt with and the Scarlet Crusade all but wiped out, the Argent Crusade has taken territory and solidified it's hold on everything east of Andorhal. Not to mention Tirion is the Ashbringer and the Ebon Blade is nearby. Speaking of which, they might already be pissed off about the whole Koltira thing, especially with Thassarian sneaky around N. Lordaeron after what happened.

    You also have to consider that the Worgen are extremely unconventional in their means and Ivar Bloodfang and his ferals are more than willing to use terror tactics. Also they're immune to the plague and are supported by the 7th Legion. They still hold Gilneas.

    Sylvanas is already stepping on the toes of people that specialize in dealing with the undead and their tactics. Not looking good for the forsaken.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Talthun View Post
    Also they're immune to the plague and are supported by the 7th Legion. They still hold Gilneas.
    Worgen are not immune to Blight, they are immune to being resurrected by Sylvanas' Val'kyr.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  19. #59
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    . The entirety of the Horde at it's strongest couldn't take either let alone Sylvanas.
    .
    Since when?
    If talking about the Second War - the Horde lost not because they were weak but do to civil war.
    If talking bout now, most of the Horde is focused bout Kalimdor more than the Eastern Kingdoms

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Talthun View Post
    You also have to consider that the Worgen are extremely unconventional in their means and Ivar Bloodfang and his ferals are more than willing to use terror tactics.
    Sylvannas herself is no chump in war or strategy either
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  20. #60
    How could the Forsaken even get to Dun Morogh without anyone noticing. They have to go past Aerie Peak, so the Wildhammers would definitely warn them about the army coming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •