Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    Surely you understand that if Sylvanas keeps her head down, and steadily raises the dead, it's just a matter of time before her numbers eclipse the Scourge entirely.
    Not if her forces are being killed faster than they can be raised. And with paladins getting to unleash on them to their hearts desire, I fail to see how the Forsaken would ever be able to last.

Are you also forgetting that unrestricted use of the plague would attract the very unwanted attention of the red dragonflgiht? Alextraza may not be as powerful as she was before the fall of DW, but shese still a 500 foot long dragon that could tear an army of forsaken a new collective asshole.

She is strong,but not that strong.Alone vs the Alliance ,she can't win.

And i'm pretty sure the Blood elves that also live in the EK would not want all the zones to be full of plague and zombies around.It's quite possible they would actually help the alliance defeat her.

She'll be dead and buried (again) before she makes it to Ironforge. There would be nothing left to bury if she makes it to Ironforge. Sexy outfits and a legion of virgin fanboys can only get one (badly written) female character only so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    snip
    She doesn't have to sneak anywhere. Same strategy Scourge used to poison Stratholme. Infected food. Bring barrels of food to any large city, as soon as a fraction of population eats anything, the cities will fall like dominos

10+ Year Old Account
    On a more serious note rather than purposely escalting things, No, sylvanas could not take the EK as things stand now. She lacks the forces to move across continent. She's in no position to attack IF / SW just like how SW and IF are in no position to attack the UC.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    No, they would lose big time. Sylvanas is afraid of incurring the wrath of the Alliance in tides of war. That pretty much shows where things stand.
    All it shows is that Sylvanas doesn't want enemy forces near her, that doesn't mean she is scared, just that she has common sense.

If you could have your enemy forces 5 meters from you or 10,000 meters from you, which would you choose? It just seems that she doesn't want anymore pointless fighting when she could be using those resources on other things.
    Last edited by Lime; 2013-07-26 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Forsaken are nearly Unkillable, they simply throw bodies at them until they are destroyed. You also have to remember that every Alliance death is another for the ranks of the Forsaken. They actually get stronger as time/ war goes on not weaker.
    ?

I would put money on Tirion and his Ashingbringer winning against a thousand forsaken footmen any day. Paladins would absolutely fuck forsaken regiments like one man wrecking balls. It wouldn't even be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Not if her forces are being killed faster than they can be raised. And with paladins getting to unleash on them to their hearts desire, I fail to see how the Forsaken would ever be able to last.

Are you also forgetting that unrestricted use of the plague would attract the very unwanted attention of the red dragonflgiht? Alextraza may not be as powerful as she was before the fall of DW, but shese still a 500 foot long dragon that could tear an army of forsaken a new collective asshole.
    Your sig and your post are both fantastic.
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Forsaken are nearly Unkillable, they simply throw bodies at them until they are destroyed. You also have to remember that every Alliance death is another for the ranks of the Forsaken. They actually get stronger as time/ war goes on not weaker.
    no and no

Forsaken are nearly unkillable by normal means (tooth and fang, swords, gunfire) and yet, a very effcive way to get rid of them; flamethrower while yelling "YOU CARRY THE TAINT OF THE SCOURGE!", or "magic" if you'd like
    and no, -human- deaths are aviable for ressurection.
    Last edited by Fus Ro Yay; 2013-07-26 at 01:42 PM.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Ashbringer stood against Frostmourne, something a lot stronger than the physical forms of Sylvanas and her rotting people put together. The Forsaken and their silly Queen will be ash and goo before they make it out of Plaguelands past Tirion.

?

I would put money on Tirion and his Ashingbringer winning against a thousand forsaken footmen any day. Paladins would absolutely fuck forsaken regiments like one man wrecking balls. It wouldn't even be funny.
    Tirion is a human. And humans have this little thing where they willingly paralyse themselves for 8+ hours each day so that they dont die of exhaustion.

Thats when you insert knife into their throat.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Good point, they could surround Ironforge though and starve it from receiving any supplies outside of the mountain, they would run out of food eventually.

Also Stormwind doesn't have the benefit of being inside a mountain and would be crippled by plague bombing.
    Underground farming. MUSHROOMS!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Tirion is a human. And humans have this little thing where they willingly paralyse themselves for 8+ hours each day so that they dont die of exhaustion.

because he's always alone in the middle of the battlefield with no argent paladins to stand guard while he sleeps, right? right??

Tirion alone could do extreme damage, the argent crusade with him would be an good match for sylvanas & the forsaken.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    You mean same spies that kindly provided their skulls for Nathanos so that he can play fetch with his dogs?
    Oh ! how sad ! (ok guys it's cool they only found the decoys !)

You know the other side has lost when their counter-argument is "undead rogue+mortal sleep schedule".

Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    When the Alliance fleet is busy invading Orgrimmar, Sylvanas could take the entirety of Lordaeron and perhaps take part of the Wetlands too. I made a thread about this here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-watch-over-us
    Why do you think the entire alliance military is at Org? They don't even have halford or shandris there, there is only a partial invasion fleet, obviously not the whole army. She couldn't even take gilneas from the survivors of the curse with the full might of undercity. No way on earth she could even secure the top half of EK even while some alliance forces are fighting in Org.

Deleted

Only thatYou cant exhaust yourself when the light shields you and gives you strenght. Or you get tired very slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    because he's always alone in the middle of the battlefield with no argent paladins to stand guard while he sleeps, right? right??
    So far he didnt show level of paranoia where there would be guards sitting next to his bed or personal tasters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    You know the other side has lost when their counter-argument is "undead rogue+mortal sleep schedule".
    So assassination doest count because it is effective?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    On a more serious note rather than purposely escalting things, No, sylvanas could not take the EK as things stand now. She lacks the forces to move across continent. She's in no position to attack IF / SW just like how SW and IF are in no position to attack the UC.

All it shows is that Sylvanas doesn't want enemy forces near her, that doesn't mean she is scared, just that she has common sense.

If you could have your enemy forces 5 meters from you or 10,000 meters from you, which would you choose? It just seems that she doesn't want anymore pointless fighting when she could be using those resources on other things.
    She frightened of dying because she has been to the other side and knows what is waiting for her. That is how she does things though. She stays under the radar despite being stupidly obvious to the players. She does things like plague south shore and blaming it on the orcs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Several people have brought up Zeppelin bombing wouldn't be effective against Stormwind as they would be shot down, which is true.

But what would happen if Sylvanas used a massive fleet of undead dragon's to drop plague bombs over Stormwind?

The city would be engulfed with the Blight and majority of it's population would certainly die, only to be brought back as recruits of the Forsaken.

The Lich King wasn't the only one capable of raising dragon's back from the dead. http://www.wowwiki.com/Undead_dragon

Deleted
    Not if her forces are being killed faster than they can be raised.
    Her forces aren't being killed faster than they're being raised, nor will they be as long as she enjoys the protection of the Horde (which is precisely why Sylvanas is being a good little soldier and for the most part serving the Horde well).

Who said anything about the unrestricted use of the plague?

I am saying that if Sylvanas sits tight and steaduly grows her forces, without old age, starvation, or any logistical concerns, those numbers will add up pretty fast. It's just a matter of time until she eclipses the Horde and the Alliance both- if she is allowed to continue doing what she is doing.

To put it differently, Azeroth belongs to the future lich Queen unless she does something outrageously stupid (like a high risk massive expansion, or betraying the Horde), or unless the Horde comes to it's senses and betrays her (the sooner they do, the better chance they'll have of beating her).